community group sub-forums > foodie furs

Last thing you cooked

<< < (3/8) > >>

cause the rat:
Don't know what to call it. This can be made with or with out meats.

Start by stir frying some vedges till they are done the way you like them. Wile they are cooking add in some butter and dried potato flakes. So the flakes will brown. Then season to taste just before adding the rest of the ingredients. If you use dry or powder garlic this will help keep them from burning. Giving a way better flavor. Now dump in as much dry potato flacks as needed with as much water as needed and finish off. If adding already cooked meat at it when you add the water for the potato flakes. This keeps from overcooking the already cooked food. Adding cheese to this is just another level of goodness.

Kobuk:
Couldn't make chili last night as I forgot to buy tomato paste. Bought some today, so I'll finish making the chili tonight.

Hans the husky:
Spanish omelette

Varg the wanderer:
Bagels from scratch.

cause the rat:
 A bit of cooking knowledge.
If your like me you like home made cookies. Most of the time you have to use brown sugar. There is a better way. Black Strap Molasses. Add this to regular sugar and you get brown sugar. As long as you have regular sugar and this you will always have brown sugar on hand. One table spoon per cup of white sugar for light. Two for dark. Molasses lasts a very long time. The bottle I use is well over 7 years old. So no more brown sugar drying out and chunking up. No more having to buy brown sugar.

Make sure the molasses label says 'black strap'. Lower quality molasses doesn't work as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version