furry arts discussion > furry storytelling

Idea Pool

(1/1)

Velvet Karuda Leopard:
Hello, all my fellow furs.  I have gotten such a warm welcome to this site.  I wanted to thank all the furs that have replied to my two clip posts, namely Kada_Ru and Mousira, but definetly not excluding all the others.  I just placed this post to ask what each of the furs out there would like to see in a good stroy to their tastes so that I may take Mousiras advice and differ my writing to appeal to a wider audience.  You don't have to reply to this, but I would love to hear the varied tastes and preferrences of my fellow furs.  I personally have a taste for highly emotional and dramatic stories as well as epic adventures and the occational comedic yarn, and as Chaz_Wolf noted, I also like the relationship stories.  Well, sorry for being so long winded.  The leopard murrrs and smiles.  I am eager to learn from you all and hope to post a complete short story soon.  The leopard thanks you for your time.

Sunookitsune:
Here's my advice (taken from my own experiences ). Use your own writing style, just write what comes naturally. If nothing comes to you, take a break, eat a sandwich or something, and come back to it later. If you try to change your style to suit the tastes of others, 99% of the time, it will sound too forced, and not as enjoyable to read. Just remember, the only opinion that really matters is your own. That being said, I do realizes how much it sucks to work real hard on something only to have it put down by the general public. While this may not happen to you, there is a chance that it will someday. My advice, just ignore them, if you can get a fanbase of just one person, you'll have one more person following your work than I do. I personally enjoy your current writing style, and am eagerly awaiting the next installment of your story, just reading the intro that you posted was one of the most enjoyable moments I've had reading. Well, I'm starting to ramble, so I'll cut myself off here. If you wanna chat some more, you know how to reach me.

*wags tail enthusiastically*

Kada-Ru:
I agree with TGoB. Write what YOU want to write. You will gain your own followers with your own style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version