Author Topic: The Dark Infinite (OOC)  (Read 3331 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
The Dark Infinite (OOC)
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:19:30 am »
In the vast depths of space there lies a place untouched by time, or anything living for that matter...Well that's what we thought at first. We thought we'd  be the first to step foot in this place of mystery, in this alien landscape and claim it for our earth below. We had thought wrong. If we had just payed attention to the signs we could have saved ourselves, instead we have become trapped here in the Dark Infinite doomed to relive the day of our demise in constant misery. If you find this holodisk listen to it closely and head my every warning, and don't send help...whatever you do don't send help... This is Captain Ming Shun signing off
These words constantly ran through Jack Quintus' head as he sat in bed in his captain's quarters. He looked over at the intercom debating about telling his crew the true about this rescue mission into deep space. He threw back the sheets and got out of bed placing his feet on the cold metal floor, gasping slightly at the chill. He got up and began to walk over to the intercom. He took in a deep breath and exhaled simply staring at the device, he then reached out and activated it. "Attention crew, there will be a meeting in 30 minutes assemble at the helm. That is all."

Le Rules: My word is law. If you have a problem with myself or a fellow rp'er please take it into pm or the ooc page and let's see if we can find a solution, however that doesn't mean i'll allow constant arguing 2 strikes and you're out. No God modding. Please make sure your posts are understandable and of decent length(3-4 sentences) and do not spam posts. Do expect to die. If you have questions over anything do not hesitate to ask me for clarification and most importantly have fun!

Character Skeleton

Name:
Physical appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: (No look at me i'm the best at what i do stories)
Position: (Certain positions will have limited numbers)

Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
Re: The Dark Infinite (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:19:51 am »
Name: Jack Quintus
Species: Human
Physical appearance: Stands 6ft even and clocks in at 130 lb. Has dark icy blue eyes, and sports a small scar on his forehead above his right eye. Has dark brown hair with caramel highlights, usually styled into a pompadour.
Personality: Cares deeply for people even though his outward actions rarely ever convey that. Has no trouble making the tough calls and rarely ever shows remorse or regret for his decisions. Has an odd mix of being extremely blunt and telling people what they want to hear. Can become extremely irate at the smallest of inconveniences.
Backstory:
Position: Captain.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:37:50 am »
I'd like to join but seeing as how my computer is currently down I don't believe i'm in a position to do so

Will late joining be an option?
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:56:05 am »
Hmm... You know I'm interested. I'll get a card up later.

Name: Luci Ripley
Species: human
Physical appearance: 4'7" thin, athletic build. pale, flawlessly smooth skin, platinum blonde hair(reaches just past her shoulder blades). Bright purple eyes, verging on bright blue. Has had giant black wings grafted into her back. Looks rather harmless(except for her 12 foot wingspan), but can be quite mean and dangerous.
Personality: not the easiest to get along with, Luci tends to be a bit harsh in just about everything. She may seem harmless at a glance, but she has no problem cracking the whip, or even showing her dominance.
Backstory: Luci started out as British intelligence officer Tansy Ripley. She then got captured, had her memories erased, and became an experiment. At first, They added wings, as well as supernatural strength and the ability to teleport to locations she has been or seen. Eventually she was mind-melded with an experimental bio-mechanical weapons platform, in an attempt to reign the beast in. The pair broke out with the help of various other experiments and nearly made it; Fer, her counterpart, was killed in the escape, ripping Luci out of the mind-meld and shockin her system. This fried most of her augmentations(speed, strength, even teleportation.), and sent her into a coma which lasted for several months. When she woke, she was released, remembering nothing, and signed up for this crew.
Position: first mate(commander)- (if I may?)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:32:49 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 10:34:22 pm »
I'm interested. Might put up a card later.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:10:35 am »
Name:Skye
Species: Alien lifeform, humanoid, rabbit.
Physical appearance:His species look largely like earth rabbit furs, but are omnivorous and somewhat shorter, with thicker fur, as well as having small Bio luminescent patches on their feet, paws, ears, chest and rear. Additionally they are slightly slower than their rabbit counterparts, but make up for it by being tougher. She has orangish eyes with chocolate brown fur and grey to blue luminescence.
Personality: hasn't settled yet, TBR ok?
Backstory: She grew up at a spaceport, going through a wide variety of job interests including, sculptor, chemist, biologist, therapist, games designer, but eventually settled on engineering. In college she was one of the youngest there, her species reaching maturity at the earth year age of 15. He completed his mandatory transfer credits before begging, borrowing, stealing, brown nosing and ...other methods to get into a great engineering college. He did incredible on the book and paper work, but she was hopeless at hands on work. She eventually flunked out, but re-pursued schooling in the military.
Position: 1ST assistant engineering officer. (if that's okay, that would put him 2nd in command of the engineering part of the ship)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:22:30 am by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 12:37:01 pm »
i will get my card up mommentarily if that is ok? i could put up two if you need more crew.
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 04:12:04 pm »
Name:Mendel
Height:5'10
Weight:160
Species:manufactured genetic hybrid (silicon based helix rather than the normal carbon, to allow the crossing of so many DNA structures without  being unstable.)  hybrid:feline (black-cat), reptile (bearded dragon ), Draconian(unknown species)
Physical appearance: For the most part Mendel stays in the nude due to his clothes constantly getting burned off. He slender partially feline looking, however scales can clearly be seen in an elongated hair like shape, upon close inspection the scales appear to be transparent but appear to change color in stress or at will.(big changes in color cause extreme pain if done too quickly. further more complex patterns are not easy and will cause much discomfort to hold)  as well 4 small horns can be clearly seen studded  on his forehead, his tail  long thin and prehensile  with a sharp scaly flair at the tip. and claws long, retractable, and incredibly dense and sharp.
sorta like this: http://midgiemew.deviantart.com/art/Kinn-Character-Design-496962575
Personality:while being perfectly sound of mind Mendel maintains a pre-programmed though process which allows him to veer slightly from his objectives and perform more adequately (organic/electrical mapping of the brain that were installed behavioral patterns and technical skills, however he must first learn and perform the task to get a full grasp of it, this also keeps him from being a drooling infantile creature or worse vegetable), he will more than likely come across as inquisitive and somewhat detached, but do not be fooled he is just taking it all in for the time being. Otherwise he acts like a normal person, however provoking him is quite  ladvised. As per his programming he takes orders very well.(he rarely blinks, and continuously scans the room he is in.)
Back-story: born from a tube  in a failing lab, Mendel was their golden ticket to military contracts. through much vigorous training Mendel lived for 18 years learning and being tested.(there is a slight advantage to being fully matured from day one)  however most of the tests were to examine his physiology and brain patterns. upon Mendels 18th he was processed and given full citizenship seeing as there was nothing more they could learn from him. he now receives a mild pension and decided it was only proper to put his skills to good use by working for a crew.
Equipment: a simple tool kit: attached to the belt is a thin 50ft  safety cable, a large satchel filled with what appear to be protein bars, protein bars (12)
Position: Mechanic primarily ,part time cook
physiology:though all of the augmentations are quite impressive, Mendel can be damaged just as easily as anyone else. His skin can easily be penetrated by sharp implements, his blood clots like all others, and he can most definitely receive concussions. his beneficial traits include,  highly flexible/durable bones, horns, teeth and nails(very dense for cutting). as well as quite durable muscle tissue (both from being silicon based, and this only means his muscles can't get pulled as easily.), heat glands located in his chest, on each side, which enables him to project and focus massive amounts of heat through his palms(draconian side, highest recorded temp. was about 1605 degrees C from previous failed clones, and of course he is fireproof), this unfortunately requires a large amount of protein, calcium, iron and magnesium which are portioned out into a sort of health protein bar, without it he can still cause severe heat exhaustion if provoked. And as an added bonus to being silicon based it allows him to walk in the vacuum of space for about 30 minutes at most.(he most definitely does not like the cold in space though)  He will suffocate before he freezes for sure. However this does not mean he can't be cut or receive injury he is only a little sturdier.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:33:10 pm by evolve42 »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:07 pm »
I'd like to join but seeing as how my computer is currently down I don't believe i'm in a position to do so

Will late joining be an option?

To answer said question, No late joining will unfortunately not be an option.

And to the rest of everybody else. I'll have a fair amount of free time tomorrow during which i will review each of your character cards.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 05:40:22 pm »
computer is fixed, so I don't need to late join

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 02:01:12 am »
Hmm... You know I'm interested. I'll get a card up later.

Name: Luci Ripley
Species: human
Physical appearance: 4'7" thin, athletic build. pale, flawlessly smooth skin, platinum blonde hair(reaches just past her shoulder blades). Bright purple eyes, verging on bright blue. Has had giant black wings grafted into her back. Looks rather harmless(except for her 12 foot wingspan), but can be quite mean and dangerous.
Personality: not the easiest to get along with, Luci tends to be a bit harsh in just about everything. She may seem harmless at a glance, but she has no problem cracking the whip, or even showing her dominance.
Backstory: Luci started out as British intelligence officer Tansy Ripley. She then got captured, had her memories erased, and became an experiment. At first, They added wings, as well as supernatural strength and the ability to teleport to locations she has been or seen. Eventually she was mind-melded with an experimental bio-mechanical weapons platform, in an attempt to reign the beast in. The pair broke out with the help of various other experiments and nearly made it; Fer, her counterpart, was killed in the escape, ripping Luci out of the mind-meld and shockin her system. This fried most of her augmentations(speed, strength, even teleportation.), and sent her into a coma which lasted for several months. When she woke, she was released, remembering nothing, and signed up for this crew.
Position: first mate(commander)- (if I may?)

Card is golden, and yes you may be First Mate.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 02:07:33 am »
Name:
Species: Alien lifeform, humanoid, rabbit.
Physical appearance:His species look largely like earth rabbit furs, but are omnivorous and somewhat shorter, with thicker fur, as well as having small Bio luminescent patches on their feet, paws, ears, chest and rear. Additionally they are slightly slower than their rabbit counterparts, but make up for it by being tougher. She has orangish eyes with chocolate brown fur and grey to blue luminescence.
Personality: hasn't settled yet, TBR ok?
Backstory: She grew up on a space station, going through a wide variety of job interests including, sculptor, chemist, biologist, therapist, games designer, but eventually settled on engineering. In college she was one of the youngest there, her species reaching maturity at the earth year age of 15. He completed his mandatory transfer credits before begging, borrowing, stealing, brown nosing and ...other methods to get into a great engineering college. He did incredible on the book and paper work, but she was hopeless at hands on work. She eventually flunked out, but re-pursued schooling in the military.
Position: 1ST assistant engineering officer. (if that's okay, that would put him 2nd in command of the engineering part of the ship)

Card is good, just needs name and a minor tweak to the backstory, but that's not your fault it's mine for not clarifying. She couldn't have lived on a space station.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 02:11:40 am »
Name:Mendel
Height:5'10
Weight:160
Species:manufactured genetic hybrid (silicon based helix rather than the normal carbon, to allow the crossing of so many DNA structures without  being unstable.)  hybrid:feline (black-cat), reptile (Gila monster/ chameleon ), Draconian(unknown species)
Physical appearance: slender partially feline looking, however scales can clearly be seen in an elongated hair like shape, upon close inspection the scales appear to be transparent but appear to change color in stress or at will.(big changes in color cause extreme pain if done too quickly. further more complex patterns are not easy and will cause much discomfort to hold)  as well 4 small horns can be clearly seen studded  on his forehead, his tail  long thin and prehensile  with a sharp scaly flair at the tip. and claws long, retractable, and incredibly dense and sharp.
sorta like this: http://midgiemew.deviantart.com/art/Kinn-Character-Design-496962575
Personality:while being perfectly sound of mind mendel maintains a pre-programmed though process which allows him to veer slightly from his objectives and perform more adequately (organic/electrical mapping of the brain that were installed behavioral patterns and technical skills, however he must first learn and perform the task to get a full grasp of it, this also keeps him from being a drooling infantile creature or worse vegetable), he will more than likely come across as inquisitive and somewhat detached, but do not be fooled he is just taking it all in for the time being. And as per his programing he takes orders very well. (he rarely blinks, and continuously scans the room he is in.)
Backstory: born from a tube  in a failing lab, Mendel was their golden ticket to military contracts. through much vigorous training mendel lived for 18 years learning and being tested.(there is a slight advantage to being fully matured from day one)  however most of the tests were to examine his physiology and brain patterns. upon Mendels 18th he was processed and given full citizenship seeing as there was nothing more they could learn from him. he now receives a mild pension and decided it was only proper to put his skills to good use by working for a crew.
Position: Mechanic primarily
physiology:  incredibly chameleon like camouflage, highly flexible/durable bones, horns, teeth and nails(very dense for cutting). as well as quite durable muscle tissue (both from being silicon based), heat glands located in his chest, on each side, which enables him to project and focus massive amounts of heat through his palms(draconian side, highest recorded temp. was about 1605 degrees C from previous failed clones),his teeth as well are poisonous and of course he is fireproof due to being silicon based. however this does not mean he can't be cut or receive injury he is only a little sturdier. And being silicon based allows him to walk in the vacuum of space for about 30 minutes at most. He will suffocate before he freezes for sure.

Will i do admire and like the amount of thought you have put into this creation unfortunately I'm going to need to to slim it down a fair amount, because as it currently stands with all his physiological 'perks' he is op. 
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 02:24:08 am »
This okay? I  gave him a name, and changed space station to space port

I just kinda want her to have grown up near ships

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »
Everything is now golden.

NOTE ALL: I will be leaving this up for a few more days, expect the rp to go up Monday, Tuesday of next week. (Possibly sunday)
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »
fixed and i elaborated. he was far too op, thanks for catching that.  :D

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 01:58:46 am »
Everything looks better now. Alright everybody expect this to be up early this week.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:07 am »
YEAH LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 02:32:54 pm »
Note: I will be leaving on a cruise this Saturday and will not be getting back until mid to late Thursday. WiFi on the ship cost $40 for 45min and because  i find that price ridiculous this will be on pause until i return.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 03:40:37 pm »
Well i'm back so the rp will resume shortly
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 06:00:22 pm »
Awesome

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 11:14:21 am »
Sorry to all, but unfortunately due to that wonderful thing called college I will undoubtedly not have the time to run this rp (as shown by the past 20 days) so it will be going on hiatus until things calm down the with school life.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »
Okay dude, take your time.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »
Thank you for your understanding Jacoby.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke