Author Topic: Aretha Franklin Dead at 76.  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Aretha Franklin Dead at 76.
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:31:40 am »
Often called the Queen of soul, Aretha Franklin was one of the greatest singers
of the 20th century. Gone at the age of 76, but not forgotten. It's likely she
will be remembered as one of histories greatest singers.

A fine piano player as well she was playing and singing before she was in
her teens. 50 years, and over 75 albums. Singing at Obama's inauguration,
and many many other special events, she was loved by millions. 

Here is a link for more info.
https://www.eonline.com/news/960643/aretha-franklin-dead-at-76-john-legend-diana-ross-barbra-streisand-and-more-pay-tribute-to-queen-of-soul

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Aretha Franklin Dead at 76.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:28:25 pm »
Totally bummed. But totally blest to have heard her stuff. The real musician generation is dying out. In our time if you didn't have talent it didn't matter what you looked like. You weren't going to make it. Folks today don't have what we had. Take away the autotune and the lip singing and 80% of what's called 'talent' today wouldn't make it.

RIP Aretha. Total Respect.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Aretha Franklin Dead at 76.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 09:59:22 pm »
She was a legend.  And I am not exaggerating.  Everyone seems to know the name.
I may not be of her generation, but her music still plays in my head from time to time, and on my MP3 player. (chain of fools , i can hear it now)

Hopefully some newer artists today do carry on the tradition of writing and singing their own songs.  And maybe they even learn to sing in church or a group or something (not professional when starting out).  And perhaps some of them do not use auto-tune and lip-syncing. But yeah, I hear you Cause, many people could probably think of a song that is 100% auto-tune, post processed, edited, dubbed, faked, etc. and its a bummer. 

I can sing okay when no one is there to hear it, so it doesn't count. So I have a lot of respect for anyone who can just get in front of others and sing it out!  And all anyone should need is a microphone.  And they can look like death warmed over, so long as they can sing, and put themselves into it.

With that said, I am really into electronic music, and many people say it's not music at all, just noise.  I'm not sure what Aretha Franklin would have to say about EDM.

P.S.
76 does not seem all that old.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)