Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 70730 times)

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 02:17:40 am »
It drives me completely insane when people do the habit I call "semantic sprinkling", i.e., when people bury their sentences in enormous mounds of empty words (usually "like" and an uncreative selection of swear words) that add absolutely nothing to the meaning and prevent me from parsing or understanding anything they say.
Unfortunately, I have to deal with that every day here... >:(
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline weese

• In ur Screen, likin' ur pixelz!
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 10:36:52 am »
Aside from things like animal abuse, I have a few specific ones.

Automotive lights. Use them properly. Adjust your headlights so they don't blind oncoming traffic, turn signals, etc. PLEASE, it's dangerous, inconsiderate, and illegal. Most people seem to not even know that headlights need to / can be adjusted. Also people who put HID lights in incandescent light housings, that is the worst of all.

People who ALWAYS make me late when I am helping them out. An example is I helped a friend out moving to a new apartment. He made me wait outside his place with the trailer for half hour when he had told me the day before I needed to be there on time. I had also called him as I left.

There are a few more, but those are the big ones. Mainly they bother me because I need to deal with them on a daily basis.
My fur code:
FCft3a A-- C- D H+ M? P++ R T+++ W- Z- Sm- RL- a- cl++ d-- e- f h* i++ j p+++ sm-.      <-- Is outdated.

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:24 pm »
i hate animal abuse my bro hits my dog when shes t close to the chickens and he is literally beating her so
go ahead br hit her one more time then see what happens >:(
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 01:12:01 pm »
i hate animal abuse my bro hits my dog when shes t close to the chickens and he is literally beating her so
go ahead br hit her one more time then see what happens >:(

you should have seen what my brother did to our pitbull.... he was luck that she was a nice dog, i mean not only is it not a nice thing to beat up a dog, but when the dog is about 2 times as big as you and is a pitbull.... really dumb idea.

my brother would literately walk up to her when she was sleeping and kick her right in the stomach and she would jump up and just stare at him not even with a mean face, then try to walk away with my brother still kicking/hitting her.

it's good he doesn't do the same thing to our dog since we have chowhahas now and he could easily kill one in one move. it's just sad that I have become his new target... well the good thing is that even tho he may have more physical strength his method off attacking is really unorganized, and in his swings he loses a lot of power since he doesn't know how to hit correctly. in the past fights i can say that i won them  ;) he may get a bunch of hits into me but i get a few good hits, and he always backs off first. tho the funny thing is when ever he says he can beat me up till i cant move around his friends i bring up those fights and he completely twists the story to make it sound like i he beat the crap out of me... such a fail ^^

• Male
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 01:23:15 pm »
my dog is part pitbull but is very jumpy :)
there are so many time i just want to beat him up
if i beat him up then i get in trouble
if i dont beat him up he mocks me and i tell him to shup the fu#% up but he just laughs
if i tell on him then my parents just dont see my reasoning and he just laughs and says im a snitch
i just want to get out out of here i just want to be left alone but he just keeps follwing me
my parents say i should not treat him bad cause they say "he's your bro hes your friend that will love you for life" but i just say "well if he is my friend i chose him as an enemy"

ps you think its odd to have a dog and have a fursona that is a wolf?
I will see you all soon

http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2014, 02:40:10 pm »
my dog is part pitbull but is very jumpy :)
there are so many time i just want to beat him up
if i beat him up then i get in trouble
if i dont beat him up he mocks me and i tell him to shup the fu#% up but he just laughs
if i tell on him then my parents just dont see my reasoning and he just laughs and says im a snitch
i just want to get out out of here i just want to be left alone but he just keeps follwing me
my parents say i should not treat him bad cause they say "he's your bro hes your friend that will love you for life" but i just say "well if he is my friend i chose him as an enemy"

sounds exactly like my brother.... but anyway don't let his insults get to you. and your parents sound just like mine.... my mom always talks about how we need to work together and listens to some lies my brother says, my dad just doesnt want to deal with the fights and tells us to work it out. another annoying thing about my mom is that she says i annoy my brother sometimes, which i don't. she always walks in on the middle of a fight with me insulting my brother, then thinks i started it. im being honest here not exaggerating.... i have not started a single fight with my brother for years, he has always been the one who starts them....

my way of dealing with my brother is mostly on the defensive. i try as much as i can to not even talk to him. if he tells me to do something i dont listen since he is not in charge of me. i rarely insult him, i only insult him sometimes after he insults me but most of the time i just say some thing around "sure..." my favorite insult from him is when he says something like this "no one will ever like you, you will die alone, and will never find someone" which is pretty ironic since i all ready found that special person ^^ <3 you Sciex ^^

and if that is not a rhetorical question, i don't find it weird at all to have a fursona who is a wolf and you have dog/s. my mom, me, and brother own 9 dogs in total. (sad that my brother has a dog)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2014, 11:53:55 pm »
Discourteous driving. Are turn signals optional equipment on certain models?  >:(
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2014, 12:34:50 am »
i agree i hate discourtias drivers  >:(
expesially that kid at school that nearly hit me on my bike twice
i hate him so much and alot of kids hate him too :P
I will see you all soon

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2014, 01:59:11 am »
my way of dealing with my brother is mostly on the defensive. i try as " my favorite insult from him is when he says something like this "no one will ever like you, you will die alone, and will never find someone" which is pretty ironic since i all ready found that special person ^^ <3 you Sciex ^^
heh. That is ironic :) I love you too Gray <3 :D

Well.. idk.. Is it odd for my Fursona to be a Wolf but I get along really well with my cat (at the moment at least. He hasn't tried to kill me recently and he's actually been a bit more affectionate)

anyway.. my response is no. It's not weird, because allot of people who have canine fursonas like canines so therefore allot of them have dogs (or some. I'm not sure what the statistics are for this).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:02:08 am by Sciex »

Offline Purrrl

• Male
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2014, 02:46:45 am »
People telling grossly exaggerated rumours  about me  :(

I mean, if you want to talk crap about me, at least make it true, damnit.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2014, 07:51:34 am »
That my skin is so white that I can light up walls if light gets on my arm or anywhere else really.  :P I'm not kidding...

That people automatically assume they're right about every little thing.  >:(

And that it's like they purposefully make chocolate almost too delicious.  :D
Mate of WereCat

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2014, 12:14:16 pm »
The word is especially. There's no K, nor is there a C or an X. Especially!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2014, 07:03:48 pm »

Are you sure? I see a c.  ;)

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2014, 07:44:26 pm »

I think he was talking about people who like to say "especially" like "exspecially" or "ekspecially" all of which are annoying.  ;)
Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

I think he was talking about people who like to say "especially" like "exspecially" or "ekspecially" all of which are annoying.  ;)

^

ESPRESSO. THERE'S NO X.

• Male
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2014, 09:44:46 pm »
discourtias people  >:(
I will see you all soon

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2014, 04:13:34 pm »

Staff Note:  Please be advised of rule 3:

d) No swearing of anything harsher than “damn” and “hell”. Please don't try to bend the rules by using creative spelling (fsck), acronyms (WT F), censoring, insinuation, or other tricks. Talk smarter, not harder.

This language is not allowed on the forum.

Thanks

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2014, 04:20:30 pm »
That my skin is so white that I can light up walls if light gets on my arm or anywhere else really.  :P I'm not kidding...
Used to be that way with me too, but then i realized that in order to not die of heat-stroke, i had to start wearing more weather appropriate clothing.  Why does California have to be so nice for everybody else?  x_x

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »
"It's "-nym"! It's "-nym"! It's pseudonym! Not pseudoname! I can't take it any more! Nym nym nym! It's a Greek word for "name"! Pseudonym! Pseudonym!"

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2014, 06:41:17 pm »
"It's "-nym"! It's "-nym"! It's pseudonym! Not pseudoname! I can't take it any more! Nym nym nym! It's a Greek word for "name"! Pseudonym! Pseudonym!"

Heil Webster!!!!  :D

Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2014, 01:43:37 am »
Used to be that way with me too, but then i realized that in order to not die of heat-stroke, i had to start wearing more weather appropriate clothing.  Why does California have to be so nice for everybody else?  x_x

not me 3: if the sun is touching my skin i feel it burning me.....

• Male
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:03 am »
i got a perfect tan
infact i'm tanned in the area my fursona has dark color

what grinds my gears is why i burn >:(
I will see you all soon

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21:43 am »
i got a perfect tan
infact i'm tanned in the area my fursona has dark color

what grinds my gears is why i burn >:(
when you don't tan and you only burn. My skin tans a little bit though.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:26:36 am by Sciex »

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2014, 03:42:48 pm »
The fact that you apparently can't defend yourself in a business without some part of the universe imploding.   :goldpissed:

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2014, 10:18:35 pm »
This stuff grinds my gears every damn day!  :goldpissed: :goldbloody: :goldpissed: :goldbloody:

1. The bus is not a damn restaurant! If you bring food or drinks on the bus, then wait till you get home to finish them! There's a reason why eating and drinking isn't allowed on the bus. It's to prevent food and beverages from spilling and making a mess.

2. USE CORRECT CHANGE! Bus drivers do not carry change!

3. The very front seats are for the eldery and handicapped. If you are not eldery and handicapped, then you are not entitled to sit in those seats!

4. Bus drivers are not an encyclopedia nor are they Google. Nearly every day, I see a passenger who gets on the bus and asks "Where is so and so address?" It's the passenger's own responsibility to learn where places are. Not the driver's.