Author Topic: The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)  (Read 11913 times)

Offline HazardJackal

Re: The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »
I've found myself more busy than usual with life, so i don't think i'm going to be able to make it for this one.  But i'm sure we all expected that from me from the beginning anyways.   :P  Good luck to the rest of you.  ;)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2015, 08:16:57 pm »
Name: Tim MacMulligan
Species: Deer

Backstory: Tim was born a dumb animal. He lived in the forest and was content in his ignorance. But then one day, a scientist ran over his parents! BAM! SQVISH! The scientist was saddened and bestowed the gift of sentience upon the orphaned deer. Tim trampled the scientist to death, stole his interdimensional matter transporter, and teleported to the realm of furries. Tim then devoted his life to the solving of crimes, and to this day has never completed a case. He sucks at his job and gets hit by cars often.

Note: I like to use eccentric and offbeat characters. This isn't a joke or anything.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:26:29 pm by Ol Rab »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2015, 01:59:43 am »
Name: Tim MacMulligan
Species: Deer

Backstory: Tim was born a dumb animal. He lived in the forest and was content in his ignorance. But then one day, a scientist ran over his parents! BAM! SQVISH! The scientist was saddened and bestowed the gift of sentience upon the orphaned deer. Tim trampled the scientist to death, stole his interdimensional matter transporter, and teleported to the realm of furries. Tim then devoted his life to the solving of crimes, and to this day has never completed a case. He sucks at his job and gets hit by cars often.

Note: I like to use eccentric and offbeat characters. This isn't a joke or anything.

Finally, a character i can relate to! :D

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2015, 01:36:03 am »
Okay, ol rab. Since you joined the forum before i began it and given where we are in the timeline i think i can squeeze you in. But do intro post with some urgency if you'd please, gotta get the ball rolling after all... 

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2015, 02:33:18 am »
Yo who are we waiting for cause it's been 12 days since the last post

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2015, 08:33:21 pm »
Sorry again, got sucked up in real life. Had an opportunity for a show coming up and been working my tail off since. But i'm not disbanding this RP...

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2015, 04:51:13 pm »
WHat happend, this just died :(

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »
I did put up a post, but no one seemed to answer to it... :(

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »
I didn't reply because there wasn't enough between my last reply and now to reply with something new, i'm waiting for others

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 11:13:01 pm »
Don't let this die just because i'm not here to nag you guys about it!

Wait a sec...  (:

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 05:43:31 am »
Would anyone in particular be interested in having an interaction between RiĆ©l and their own character?  As you guys have already seen, he isn't exactly the poster child of PR; you as a player may find an interaction with such a character useful as a means of generating characterization of your own PC under antagonism (whether you have your PC brush it off, stand their ground, be antagonistic back, or do something entirely different).

Alternatively, for those who would prefer to not have such an interaction, let me know here; while respecting the personality of my character, I will bias against following through on such interactions to accommodate your preference.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2015, 02:51:04 am »
Sure! It'll be fun!
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:05 am »
You know me up for anything o3o

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 12:42:16 am »
Fret Not redyoshi, i'm sure i got one or two characters who can handle it.

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Species: Kitsune Yōkai
  • Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 05:16:37 pm »
I'm new to this site but am not new at all to roleplaying and would very much like to be apart of this one! o.o I see it's already started but it hasn't gone very far yet, can I maybe please, please be a late-arriving guest? :3 Here's my card for the potential entry:

Name: Kira Sekemoto
Species: Human/Kitsune

Appearance: Kira's modestly built with a slender body yet full and well-nourished, her auburn hair neat, parted-left and to her shoulders. She appears mostly human except for her soft fox ears and her two lush tails. Her dim, golden eyes contrast pleasantly with her hair color and she normally wears a touch of black eyeliner to accentuate their appeal. Generally she wears warm clothes, turtlenecks, leggings, gloves, scarves, etc and will be wearing a simple black turtleneck, a short, ruffled red skirt with black lace and bows, black canvas sneakers along with warm black gloves, white leggings and a white scarf.

Backstory: Kira came from a family of carpenters and builders, her occupational choice hadn't come as a great shock however, her slim build not suited for manual labor. She is normally quite timid so she finds herself alone with her books quite often but when she does get used to her surroundings she can have her moments when it comes to social interaction. That being said, she still hasn't adjusted so well to college life with the other students, even though it's been over three years. One would think she'd enjoy the break, being able to get away and participate in an exciting chance to win a small fortune but the main reason she actually decided to accept was simply whimsical. Even though she's an unusual mix of shy, clever and whimsical, she often has a really hard time going through with the the decisions that were painstakingly thought out.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, feel free to ask for any clarification but I really hope you decide this little fox can have a place in this tale :3
"Confound you!" snapped the fox. "Give me back my ball!" The man ignored its pleas until it finally said tearfully, "Alright, you've got the ball, but you don't know how to keep it. It won't be any good to you. For me, it's a terrible loss. I tell you, if you don't give it back, I'll be your enemy forever. If you do give it back though, I'll stick to you like a protector god."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 12:21:10 am »
Y'know what Kira, i can see a good amount of thought went into your character here...I'll let you in, but hurry and get your tail into the manor.

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Species: Kitsune Yōkai
  • Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2016, 08:53:17 am »
*Paw stomps the ground excitedly* Thank you~ And I'm glad you enjoyed the read <3
"Confound you!" snapped the fox. "Give me back my ball!" The man ignored its pleas until it finally said tearfully, "Alright, you've got the ball, but you don't know how to keep it. It won't be any good to you. For me, it's a terrible loss. I tell you, if you don't give it back, I'll be your enemy forever. If you do give it back though, I'll stick to you like a protector god."

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 09:46:08 pm »
quick question can we set up a posting order? So there arent double posting and people can respond before the rp leaves them behind?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 09:05:21 pm »
I tried to let people simply post as they will but with all the starting and stopping with this Rp perhaps that's for the best. I'll figure out a posting order tomorrow

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2016, 06:49:59 am »
Posting orders suck though
You never get to respond to something pertinent to your character, and they slow down the entire rp
Not to mention they're a total rp killer, one person posts, and everyone else loses interest while waiting for the next person to post, even when there's a rule of "skip after so much time absent"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 08:58:19 am »
Is it too late to join this? It seems interesting and I think I might want to give this RP a shot.

And I am going to have to agree with Jacoby (despite the fact that I'm technically not even in this yet). The idea of a posting order does sound tedious.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:12:17 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »
However it does prevent double posts along with leaving certain people behind who are busy irl. red Yoshi hasn't posted yet and being left behind, I responded to natura and it got swamped with everything else. It helps in not having to go through pages of posts to respond and find out you were left behind in it so gives you nothing to respond.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:47 pm »
And like i said, tried to just let peole have at it but now people are kind of non-existant and other people are double-posting...i gotta go and find out who's still even in this RP before i arrange a posting order.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 10:47:42 pm »
I see no double posting

As for the rest, yeah not having to search through pages for replies is nice...but if posting order kills the rp (which it always has in my experience, without a single exception) then I'm pretty sure that's worse than having to search through other pages
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:07 pm »
I see no double posting

As for the rest, yeah not having to search through pages for replies is nice...but if posting order kills the rp (which it always has in my experience, without a single exception) then I'm pretty sure that's worse than having to search through other pages
Not trying to doubt what you're saying here, but from my experiences people are more likely to see your point when you give them a specific example that provides proof to your case.

If you can find and provide an example, then i'm sure people will be faster to side with you.  ;)