Author Topic: The Tale of Manor Blanc (IC)  (Read 10788 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Re: The Tale of Manor Blanc (IC)
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2015, 01:41:17 pm »
Mark nodded with Alda "Yeah, thus far we seem like a diverse crowd. Varying walks of life and whatnot, gotta say i'm glad the ballet dancer came cause this is quite a show." Mark took a second and sipped at his champange again. "So Alda...what's the biggest gig you've ever scouted for? I'm sure you have quite the repertoire."

The record shifted to a sort of waltz and with this Leon picked Marie out of the crowd. "Just follow my lead dear," With that he began spinning her around in-between his graceful movements as the record played. Marie smiled as she got involved in Leon's dance, giggling a bit as they went.

Helena smiled. "I know Natura...i like to think there's a reason for everything that happens. Even if it is not clear right away." she took a better look at Natura "Hey, after this little meet and greet wanna explore this place together? I'm sure there's quite a bit more to be seen."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:05 pm »
"Diverse backgrounds indeed" He lounged in his chair, moving with his back against one arm and his legs dangling over the other "Now if only we knew why we were here" He'd come to terms with why he might be here, but  he'd also made peace with showing up.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2016, 10:35:45 pm »
"Eh, all i know is it's got to do with some kind of mystery solving." Cheryl answered to Ashen. "Granted the circumstances for this seemed a bit...out of place so to say. Random letter from out of nowhere, no return address no anything...just that and a Mercedes-Benz showing up to pick me up and bam i'm here."

After the dance concluded, almost as on cue...someone came walking through the front door, surfboard in one arm and duffel bag in the other "Hey, party people!" said the rockhopper penguin said as he joined the group. "So, here for the mystery game or whatever it is i'm assuming..." asking the question generally to the whole crowd.

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2016, 10:06:24 am »
Natura took the request with a soft touch of a warming smile as he bowed politely for formalities.
"I would like that."  He said gently.  "Perhaps the there is a small treasure to be found upon the garden grounds."
The wolf then turns his head to the surrounding people dotted, his eyes focusing for a moment on the eccentric dancer.  A flutter tickled his heart as he watched the body of this creature change and alter shape with little effort and much grace.  A quiet sigh puffed his cheeks in adoration before diminishing back into his natural gaze.

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Species: Kitsune Yōkai
  • Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 09:15:52 am »
*Shortly after the gathering had gone inside the manner, a last Benz pulled up. Kira had sit in utter silence throughout the whole trip, unnerved by the stranger in the front seat. Back home after she had decided to accept the invitation she had many second thoughts, but when the luxurious black car pulled into her driveway, her curiously whimsical nature made up her mind once and for all*

*As the car came to a stop she cautiously exited, bowing to the chauffeur politely before closing the door and turning to face the glamorous estate. A gentle breeze blew by her and she thought to herself how nice it felt and how beautiful the scene was. She wore a simple black turtleneck, a short, ruffled red skirt with black lace and bows, black canvas sneakers along with warm black gloves, white leggings and a white scarf*

*As she approached the door, reaching out to knock, she froze. The lingering thought of new people and foreign surroundings suddenly gripping her in nervous tension... As usual...*
"Confound you!" snapped the fox. "Give me back my ball!" The man ignored its pleas until it finally said tearfully, "Alright, you've got the ball, but you don't know how to keep it. It won't be any good to you. For me, it's a terrible loss. I tell you, if you don't give it back, I'll be your enemy forever. If you do give it back though, I'll stick to you like a protector god."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 02:00:56 am »
The door opened for Kira, a panther girl in a pink dress greeting her. "Hello, my name is Claire. I'm one of the house servants here at Manor Blanc. Please do come in and make yourself at home." waving her into the manor.

Helena noticed Natura looking on at Leon's dancing "You are one who can appreciate ze finer things in life i see. I remember when my papa took me to see ze ballet when i was a little girl. It vas...quite the magical experience." she looked over to see Kira walk in "Oh hello! Please, don't be a stranger...ve're all just getting introduced."

The rockhopper penguin just sort of barged into the larger crowd of people "So hello everyone. Name's Jeremy, i'm usually found on the beach catchin' a wave or two...actually it's my job."

Leon preceeded to sit back down next to Alda "So...did that impress or what?"

Marie smiled, drifting a little bit away from the crowd and closer to Riel's direction. She could tell something was a bit...different about him. Something he wasn't saying, kinda like what she hadn't said about her job...

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 08:57:19 am »
*Before she even had the chance to gather her bearings, the door opened. She hadn't been expecting it and she staggered back with a gasp and her hand on her chest, breathing heavily* Ehehe thanks for the heart attack... *She forced a smile at the finely-dressed panther and followed her inside*

*The scene inside was extravagant and loud in a sensual manner, the colors and banter more than she was used to. In a slight daze Kira hadn't noticed Helena look her way at first, but when she spoke Kira returned her gaze* O-oh good morning, you must be one of the other guests? Seems there are many... *She fidgeted with her scarf shyly and looked down at the floor*
"Confound you!" snapped the fox. "Give me back my ball!" The man ignored its pleas until it finally said tearfully, "Alright, you've got the ball, but you don't know how to keep it. It won't be any good to you. For me, it's a terrible loss. I tell you, if you don't give it back, I'll be your enemy forever. If you do give it back though, I'll stick to you like a protector god."

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 02:26:16 am »
Elis watched people busy with other things, she rolled her eyes as she went over looking at a few trinkets on a shelf. When the door busted open cause of a penguin she grabbed one of the trinkets and nearly flung it at him. Oh he was gonna get a beating later. She steadied her hand as she set the object down breathing slowly he spoke of the contest and if they were there she almost shouted at him ~No we are robbing the place and you caught us in our down time~ but she kept her mouth shut...walking over to sit down on a cough by herself she put her feet up on the other side "Ugh this is boring."

Rouen sipped on his water as he looked around the room. Dancing still going on, a new person arriving in a loud fashion, people idly chatting "Huh...if this is a social experiment on people from different class groups/society settings on if they can get along I rather leave now." he leaned a bit cracking his spine before hearing the door open again and a female walk in. He looked her over and went over to her extending his paw gently towards her "Ello miss..Name is Rouen."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2016, 01:19:21 am »
Helena noticed Rouen approaching Kira in the small group that'd seemed to form off to the side. She looked over to Natura "Vell...seems We've formed our little...ummm...how does vone say? Clique?"

Cheryl could barely stand all the boisterousness that had erupted with Jeremy's arrival as well. She sat in a chair by the couch Elis was on "So...can't stand the peanut gallery over there any longer as well?" pointing out the main group in the center of the grand foyer they were in.

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2016, 11:05:07 pm »
H-hello Rouen, it's good to... Meet you... *She trailed off as he had extended his paw to her, hesitantly she took it gently and looked up at him with curious interest hidden behind her shy outlook* I'm not very good with new faces, p-please excuse my unease, I mean no disrespect... *She bows to him with an apologetic bow*

*At a glance the foreign girl seemed to fit in but her being over here with the "misfits" seemed unusual, making Kira's curiosity flare. She was always like this, the bold curiosity and timid reluctance always fighting a fierce battle in her, making her head spin at times*

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2016, 10:23:52 am »
the wolf smiles vaguely to Helena's phrasing.
'cliques are very dangerous when formed.'. his smile muses a little wider.  'I would suggest a more harmonious term such as Fellowship'

The white wolf gave a respectful nod to the newcomer offering a warm-felt paw.
'Do not fear these faces, your are in a company of strangers beside strangers.  we are all familiared in your position' Natura finishes with a kindhearted gaze

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2016, 08:33:42 pm »
Ashen's eyes flickered to the new girl "You're late" He had finished his wine and grabbed a book, and after he spoke returned to it, largely ignoring the others.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »
Elis eyed Cheryl nodding her head "Everyone is all over the place, dancing in one area, talking the next. And some surfer "Dude" came busting in. Makes my head hurt." she turned some on the couch looking fully at Cheryl "In truth I wonder if the full extent of this is to see who wont walk out tired of the no show person who put this all together. Winner is who can stick this out the longest." she chuckled some moving her hand out to the other "Name is Elis if you didnt catch it earlier. You are?"

Showing lots of restraint he softly grasped the extended hand and shook it gently in return shaking his head at her shyness "No, it is perfectly alright miss. When one is in a room of strangers and one of the biggest walks up to the newcomer missing an arm it is intimidating." he let go of her hand as a white wolf came up beside him, he looked at the one saying she was late and chuckled "In all truth it seems we are all fashionably early. No host to greet us, maids attending to our needs. I have a feeling this person who set this all up knew we would be waiting a long time." he looked at the wolf next to him now...seemed a bit weird how he totally went right past him and right up to this new girl he smirked and took the paw offered to the girl and gave it a firm shake "Name is Rouen nice to meet you mister."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2016, 11:54:04 pm »
"Cheryl...Cheryl Straton. Retired Army and all that great stuff...Nice to meet you Elis." Cheryl shot her eyes around a bit "The invite said it'd be a crime-solving game but it's seems like it's turning into some trashy candid camera show featuring a room of overinflated egos." she took off her jacket draping on the back of her chair. "Damn i want a cigarette right now...five years clean and this collection of nutjobs make me wanna relapse! Or a stiff Old Fashioned...that'd be so nice right now."

"Ah yes, fellowship...i like zat wording!" Helena answered to Natura, giving a playful nudge on his shoulder. She then turned to Kira "How rude of myzelf...I'm Helena. Nice to make your accquaintance umm...what's your name again?"

Leon noticed Ashen speaking to the newcomer. "Eh...take it easy dude. For now...life is all good, not a care in the world at this moment."

Suddenly as they were all convening, a panther in a white coat began walking down the grand staircase in silence.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:17 am »
Lance had left the group of people he was sitting at and went over towards the bar to inquire about the champagne. He couldn't obtain the information he wanted, so ordered another glass and started to return to his seat. At least until he saw the panther in a white coat descending the grand staircase. Lance stopped in his tracks so suddenly, he could feel a cold liquid drip onto his fingers. He didn't know what would happen next, but he just knew something was about to happen.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2016, 06:25:25 pm »
*Kira seems to calm down a bit, Natura's way with words very soothing to her.* O-oh... *She smiles warmly towards him*

*Turning away for a moment, trying to regain her composure, she then was about to respond to Ashen with some playful sarcasm but looks back to Rouen, impressed* That is very true, isn't it? *She sits in a chair across from Helena, still a little dizzy from all the faces and friendly gestures and shaking of paws*

*Her attention is immediately drawn to the intriguing figure on the stair case, portraying great curiosity and not meaning to ignore the friendly faces around her* W-who could that be?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:45 pm »
As the panther in the white coat reached the bottom stair a bell rang throughout the house, getting everyone's attention as he began to speak "Greetings, cherished guests, i hope you've all found your accommodations...adequate. My name is Alistar...i will be your butler for the duration of your stay here at Manor Blanc..."

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:04 am »
*Although it may not have been intended, Kira felt the bell to be somewhat ominous in the large space, though still maintaining a sort of regal presence. As the panther became closer and easier to see, his words sunk in for a moment and she wondered. He had said he was the butler, so was this mysterious man not the host? Kira lounged, feigning to be uninterested, preferring someone else to take the initiative*

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 02:23:07 pm »
Alistar simply walked to the center of the room "Well...good to see everyone is getting to know one another, some better than others i can see." looking at the various little groups that had formed around the room. "But anyways, i'm sure you know Rachel and Claire by now. We'll all be tending to your needs during your stay."

Cheryl simply glared across the room at the main crowd. "Getting to know one another...yeah, sure..." she said under her breath. "These people are crazy..."

Helena looked at the little group around her that'd formed with Kira, Natura and Rouen. "Not so sure about the rest of ze room but we seem to have gotten acquainted."

Alistar started up again "But all kidding and pleasantries aside...I'm sure ya'll are mighty curious as to why you're all here. For now we'll all disband and get settled in a bit, feel free to relax in your room, meet with your new friends in private or even take a gander around the manor but when the bell rings again at the quarter of the next hour we'll reajourn and truly discover why you're all here...but for now, i must bid you adieu..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:09 pm »
"Huh. Interestin. Well I sure hope we find out. Otherwise this would be even weirder than we first arrived," Alda said looking around. She realized she hadn't really made any friends as she observed the talent. "Oh. Well... I guess I'll take a nap. It was a long ride here," she said walking upstairs to a spare bedroom.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »
Looking at Cheryl as she spoke about being retired army and talked about the crazy people making her want to smoke again or a nice stiff drink "Well I can help with one." she took out her pack of cigarettes and held them out to Cheryl "If you want that is." as the new panther appeared she looked up at him, then yawned a bit "Yeah get to know people...all the fun." she took a cigarette herself and lit it up as Elis set the pack down in case Cheryl would like one. As they had a bit of time to kill she blew out a bit of smoke "I wonder what they have at the bar want a drink?" she looked at Cheryl and smiled

Rouen looked at Kira go to sit down, he looked around the room it did seem people navigated to their own little places. As the other panther came down the stairs and a bell rang out he tilted his head and spoke softly towards Kira and Helena "Would either of you like to talk a bit? I wanted to walk around the place and would like someone to accompany me."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2016, 08:35:16 am »
ashen slunk over to riley, whispering into his ear /"they said we have some time, and you mentioned something about a private show?"/

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2016, 10:26:39 am »
Well, something certainly happened, but it wasn't quite as exciting as Lance had hoped. Oh, well. He sipped the champagne and grabbed a napkin to wipe the champagne away from his fingers. After that, he went off and explored a bit.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Kira Sekemoto

• Behold my kitsunebi~
  • Female
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2016, 10:36:57 am »
*Kira's attention drifted from the panther as he mostly had concluded his short introductory and welcoming. She was caught a little off guard by the seemingly noble Alistar's speech patterns but her attention was now directed towards Rouen, trying her utmost best to be calm and collected.* I think that would be a fairly pleasant... Distraction... From the tight crowd and loud merry. *She offered both him and Helena a warm smile as she slowly stood.*

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2016, 01:19:12 pm »
The white wolf listens to Alistair with direct curiosity as he remains silent through the past few moments, almost in contemplation of the thoughts in his mind.  It suddenly occurred to him after time that someone had spoke to him, he gazes to Rouen and bows his head.

"I'm so sorry I was completely blanked out there.  Incredibly rude of me, I am Natura, the one giving himself a rather rude impression."
He offers his bow with anxious humility of his rudeness