Author Topic: 1x1 with ColonelMustang  (Read 8089 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: 1x1 with ColonelMustang
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 07:21:10 pm »
"hmm, impressive enough. Yes, yes i did mention another contract. In regards to new info brought to my attention." Val motion towards two leather couches that seemed out of place with the decor. "Please sit with me and we shall discuss things further."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »
Shade looked at the couches, the around at the decor. "No thanks, I'll stand." You didn't live as long as he did killing people without learning how NOT to get killed. Granted, Val was an employer, but it took more than a 20% bonus and an opportunity for more work to earn the assassin's trust. Shade did, however, move into the room with the couches.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 10:52:57 pm »
"Very well. So down to the crux of the issue. With the new information your other part brought to me i need something stolen....well a lot of somethings stolen. A lot of somethings stolen  and a scientist kidnapped." Val stayed standing as well. "He'll be with the shipment that just came in, one of the few people that can actually keep those fusion cores in working order."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »
Shade regarded Val curiously. "I kill. You want someone captured, I'm not going to deal them. Send your own man along, I'll help, but I don't bring people in. I cross them off. The acquisition of certain items I will do, but acquiring people is not my style. With that, what items do you wish to acquire, and who is this scientist?" Shade's tone was calm and even, identical to how he'd been speaking after Hyperion left.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »
"Very well. H1C3 fusion reactors compact ones to be precise. The scientist is Carmine Verdrovich, Italian, Russian decent aged 34 has a PhD in Molecular Physics and Nuclear Engineering." Val clicked his tongue a few times and folded his arms. "Im sure you understand it's imperative i receive these, you'll get the standard fifty up-front the rest when this is all done and dusted."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 01:14:18 pm »
"I can acquire the reactors, no issue. This scientist... I've told you." Shade put the helmet back on, turning around to leave. "I do not capture people. I kill them. If you want someone alive, you're going to have to provide your own operative." Shade turned back to face Val. Val had three options. One was to simply pay Shade for the reactors. The second option was to not hiring him. Doing as shade said was the third. Pay him for the whole job, but send an operative specifically to retrieve the scientist. There was more to discuss, of course, if Val went with the third option.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »
"Kill him then, he'll be a liability if you don't." Val clicked his tongue a few "I'll have a scientist flown in. Capturing his scientist may leave the door open for too many disastrous things." One of his workers approached him with a small package. A star tattoo could be seen clearly on his neck. "Oh that's right, here if you just secure the area activate this and my men and i will personally meet you there to pick up the goods."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:49 pm »
Shade nodded agreement with Val's terms. The assassin held out a palm for the item, to inspect it. "I'll take the job. Five days." The panther said, once again scanning things with his HUD for reference. Val's worker, in particular. The star tattoo did not escape Shade's notice as it was catalogued and stored for identification. "Coming yourself seems a bit risky, even for a brash young crime lord like yourself. A body double or someone else you trust would be better."
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 04:42:59 pm »
"This is one matter, that i will be there for. I may not have wanted this position, however i will not back down and allow the others to do as they please." Val was visibly becoming upset at the others, for what reasons however was a different beast all together.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 04:55:07 pm »
Shade inclined his head towards Val in recognition. "A bold move." Shade said simply, taking the package. "Hyperion mentioned something about the possibility of a long term contract of service. Is that contract dependent upon this job?" Yet again, the panther referred to himself with another name. There had to be a story there, but just like the panther who's story it was, the story was likely shrouded in much mystery and silent death.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »
"If you were in my position wouldn't you like to have somebody reliable on your payroll. So yes the long term contract is dependent on this" Val leaned in close and whispered to Shade. "Besides i can't trust my own currently." Val turned to leave back to his safe room. "Well you have your instructions. I'll see you soon."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 10:04:11 pm »
Shade nodded in agreement with Val's words. A new crime lord always needed more people on his staff. People who produced favorable results continually. Hence, the prosperity he enjoyed as an assassin. There were always people looking to hire experience, reliable experience, on the high payroll. Shade activated his armor's recording software as Val leaned in close, some sixth sense telling him the warg was about to share something important. Sixth sense was right, enabling Shade to capture Val's distrust of his own in video. As with everything, the video was filed and catalogued for future reference. With that, Shade turned to leave.

Three days later, an elite operative came to Val, a picture in hand. It had been taken during routine surveillance on the city center. There were twelve official city districts, each with a corrosponding crime lord. The darkroom council had long ago decreed the city center as neutral, free ground. Rumor had it that it was actually the domain of a thirteenth crime lord, the one who arranged for the council meetings and oversaw them. The Prime, it was speculated, probably dealt in information, all kinds of it.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 10:09:30 pm »
Val studied the photo. "How did we not know this earlier?!" He yelled in frustration. "I knew we should have increased surveillance and mapping. Then we could have found them earlier." Val clicked his tongue. He had only heard about the Prime via rumors. "What to do what to do...." Garrett sat the boss down in a chair and a few minutes later brought him some fresh brewed tea. "You know this changes the game entirely. Right Garrett?" Garrett simply nodded, smiling internally as Val drank his tea.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
The operative remained standing nearby. "Sir, there's more..." He handed over a packet to Val, all from the same surveillance team. Each picture was roughly from the same area, over the past couple of days. Most of them seemed unremarkable, until Val noticed that each picture had a pattern in it. The way that furs dressed, for example, in black and white. It was ordered, somehow. Further analysis was definitely needed.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2016, 02:22:31 pm »
Val clicked his tongue a few more times. "Well i think you know what needs to be done, Well now all we can do is wait for the tracker to go off and that to be analyzed." Val began coughing, causing Garrett to smirk ever so slightly. "I think i'm going to go rest for a bit, return to me once the tracker is active."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 11:09:53 pm »
No rest for the wicked. Val had just barely laid down when the tracker went off, signaling that the zone was clear and shade was waiting for him. The assassin had a portfolio tucked under one arm, with two crates of the compact reactors behind him, sealed and secured. His armor had a slight burn on the left side, distinctive of laser weaponry, with a flash mark on the lower right abdomen indicative of a plasma round. The panther said nothing, but there was a slight stiffness in his movements, while Val's keen eyes picked out a thin rivulet of clear fluid coming out of a seam in the armor beneath the plasma round's impact. For armor to take such a hit and shade still be standing here, it spoke volumes for the armor's strength, especially if it had been an armored suit's plasma cannon.(it had been a rifle, but Val can't assume that.)
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 12:49:53 pm »
"Very nicely done. fast and efficient" Val cough violent before spitting out some saliva mixed with blood. Garrett grinned ever so slightly at the sight of this. " Val motioned some men over and gave them explicit instructions over how to transport them back to base. " Now where is the scientist's body at? He has something i need to remove from him."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 11:04:19 pm »
Shade nodded in acknowledgement of the compliment. The assassin also took note of the violent coughing fit and the resulting blood mixed with saliva phlegm Val spat out. Garret's smirk did not escape Shade's notice either, and now the panther felt that he had an idea of what was going on internally. Val's mention of his distrust of his own men fell into place, but Shade decided that he needed time to consider all variables before stepping in. The task at hand, however.... Shade cocked his head to one side. "You neglected to mention that in the assignment." As far as Shade knew, the scientist's body was where he had hidden it within the compound, which was no doubt swarming with enforcers and soldiers of 'The Beast.' "I have his research in this portfolio."
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 02:15:49 pm »
"No worries, it was just an afterthought anyways. However I will gladly take his portfolio." In the background Garrett could be seen peering over at the two while giving instructions to Val's hired help. "What i was going to remove from his was a tattoo and his implant chip and mail them off, but thats more of a slap in the face. This!" Val held his arms out stretched towards his newly acquired goods. "This is a blow he won't soon forget."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2016, 12:25:52 am »
Shade nodded stiffly. "Of course. This prevents immediate expansion of his armored forces, lessening his chances of becoming highly aggressive and militarized in a short period of time, while asserting your dominance as a member of the darkroom council. If that will be all, I need a day of rest before I can return and negotiate a permanent contract with you." Shade looked at Val, noting the security chief's keen interest in the crime lord's activities. The assassin would analyze what he knew before he returned, after he healed. Shade's instincts told him something was going to happen soon.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2016, 02:07:24 am »
"But of course, even the gods had to rest some time." Val was about to say more, but decided against it. "Feel free to contact me when you're ready." Val have him a respectful nod before walking off towards Garrett to help with the work effort. Some of what Val said could be heard over the noise of his workers. "With this we can revolutionize our troops and get project Gilgamesh underway."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke