Author Topic: Military Coup in Turkey  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Military Coup in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »
Swell.  :P We need Turkey's help in combating ISIS, and now they pull this crap?! :o  >:(

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:37:43 pm »
Turkey isn't anyone's friend, they stab everyone. I say good riddance to their current government. I just hope a good one rises up and not too many people are hurt.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:54:34 am »
Seems like Turkey is worried more about keeping the the Curds out than than ISIS, or
anything else. I hope the change is for the better, but I doubt it will be. The people in that
part of the world are controlled more by religious beliefs than anything else.

The middle east seems to worry about everyone but the Curds.  I don't know enough
to really say, but seems like they have done more to help fight ISIS than anyone else
in the area.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 12:56:05 pm »
The Kurds are the enemy of my enemy. They were real scummy allies back when we invaded Iraq. However, they are effective enemies of our enemy. And there are reports of Turkey bombing them. The people in the Middle East, with the exception of Israelis, can't get along even with themselves. However, the Kurds do seem to be unified. They want a free country, Kurdistan. And I say we stop trying to hold Iraq together and let the peoples split up.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:03:18 am »
The Kurds are the enemy of my enemy. They were real scummy allies back when we invaded Iraq. However, they are effective enemies of our enemy. And there are reports of Turkey bombing them. The people in the Middle East, with the exception of Israelis, can't get along even with themselves. However, the Kurds do seem to be unified. They want a free country, Kurdistan. And I say we stop trying to hold Iraq together and let the peoples split up.

Thanks for clearing that up. The news tends to get filtered. I don't know much about the  Kurdish people
except that they want a country of their own, and I do agree Iraq should be split up. If I remember right
early in the past century, the middle east was divided up by the west. I rather doubt if they did a very
good job of it. Probably caused more problems than it helped.

If I understand my history, the middle east is and has been tribal for centuries. It is difficult to get local
warlords to agree with anything, much less work togethers. I imagine that's why the ISIS leaders blaim
the west for everything. Trying to create a common enemy.
oldrabbit.com