Author Topic: Trump on immigration.  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Trump on immigration.
« on: September 01, 2016, 11:34:20 am »
If we can believe it Trump has stated his policey on immigration.
News link below.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-trump-makes-support-mass-deportation-clear-n641256

Even though Trump claimed to tell the truth he made a few
lies. Stating that Clinton was working to get over a 1/2 million
from the middle east though she isn't. along with lies about Clinton
and Obama. not counting other lies and misleading comments.

Odd thing he didn't mention going after businesses for hiring illegal
immigrants. The one thing that would deter many mexican people from
coming here in the first place. Could it be because he is guilty of hiring them his
self, and supports others doing the same?

Also the number of people crossing the boarder has been going down over
the last several years. Lately many are returning to Mexico on their own. He made
is sound like our country would be devastated if something wasn't done, and many
more deaths. Didn't mention that many more people are killed by our citizens than
by illegal aliens.

He also claimed 2 million would be kicked out immediatly.. Seems he has forgotten
this isn't a dictatorship. The Trump administration if there is one will have to fight in
the courts to  accomplish this and other policies he stated.

Also most of his policies are already being done by the Obama administration.
Many miles of fences have been built, Many more boarder guards hired and patrols
have been created. Also the Obama administration has deported more people
than any other president in history.

Also what is he going to do with aliens who are refused re entry by the governments
of their country of origin? Drop them in the ocean?

The one thing Trump has yet to learn is how slow bureaucracy works. Of couse he
wouldn't admit it to  his fans if he did.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:51:32 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Trump on immigration.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:15:17 pm »
not completely sure but i think its all just talk, to try to get his votes from the people who hates illegal immigrants. 

as from trump's lies against hillary, i dont really have anything against them. they are making the anti-hillary people want to vote for someone else to prevent her from becoming president, just so hillary doesnt get in control. i dont like trump's talk about obama though (imo he has done a pretty good job) but meh.. i hope he gets presidency and not hillary.

odd... i heard that he did/will go after businesses hiring illegal immigrants..

as for what if the other country rejects them, i'd say just drive a car near the boarder and push them into the other country. it's their criminal/civilian so it's their responsibility to contain them (prison) or keep them from affecting other places.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 05:44:59 am »
If Trump ever gets elected, he'll soon find out the presidency is not a dictatorship.  A lot of what he has said and what I've seen from other sites reporting on this is what I've said from the start--Trump does not know how to be presidential and he's going to find out the hard way that he needs others to accomplish anything.  If he constantly demeans those he attempts to work with, he's not going to have that support.  He's a polarizing figure.  His immigration talk sounds like big talk--deport them all!  When it came to the nitty gritty details, no answers.  Its those friends he's going to need that are going to want specifics--on both sides of the political spectrum (since we have one heck of a polarizing congress too).
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 01:15:44 pm »

odd... i heard that he did/will go after businesses hiring illegal immigrants..

I hope he did, but I listened to his speech and news reported he didn't at least in his speech on
immigration. Was it one of his 10 points?

He should make it clear that he is going after businesses for hiring ilegal aliens. I do wonder
though, he and others in the GOP avoid being against business interests. They are always claiming
they want to make more jobs, and use that excuse for being easy on the business community.

Trump wants cheap labor, like many in business do.
oldrabbit.com

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:32 am »
i havent really listened to his speeches, just seen small little clips of them. i should really try to keep up on what he's saying though its pretty difficult to keep up/pay attention to most things atm due to my schedule being kinda messed up so my days are a mess. i watch the news some days though i recently have tried to avoid it since my dad starts acting strange/creates an awkward situation when he sees me watch the news (not much of a news/keeping up with current events type of person i guess)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:07:22 pm »
I don't like illegal immigrants as much as the next person. But it's the people of a country (Whether they are legal or illegal.) that help make it what it is. If we were to ban all Muslims (or any other ethnicity) from this country, I wonder what the United States would look like? How much accomplishments in science, medicine, literature, economics, etc. would we lose out on while other countries gained?
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/us/trump-muslim-ban-consequences/index.html

And deportation camps won't work. That has already been tried with disasterous results.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

........and the following:
Between 110,000 and 120,000 Japanese and Japanese Americans on the West Coast, as well as about 3,000 Italian American and about 11,500 German American families, were forcibly resettled from the coasts to internment camps in interior areas of the United States of America by President Franklin Roosevelt during World War II.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/donald-trump-muslim-travel-ban-5-qs/index.html

Offline Fleeyock

• Species: Sheep
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 12:19:41 am »
Anyone who goes on national television and tells the country that he is going to make it a priority to forbid entry to a group of people based on their religion is basically waving a red flag to not have them be elected president. Those are incredibly dangerous words for a politician regardless of what he meant. There's so many things wrong with it, it's racist, it's an insult to the first amendment, and it suggests that the solution to a complex social problem is to simply dehumanize a group of people, a primitive dogma that Western society has worked hard at unlearning. I don't think Ive seen anything like that in this country in my lifetime, certainly not from a front running presidential candidate.