Author Topic: Michen's Furry artwork  (Read 8350 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
Michen's Furry artwork
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:14:34 am »
As per the rules of this site, I'll only post artwork of furry nature here.

Here's one of my first drawings I made since I started drawing as a hobby. It doesn't look too shabby for a beginner. Yeah, that's all I got. It pictures Michen, my snow leopard fursona. I'll redraw it later, though it might take a while before I can start with it...

I had an art trade with Firox from The Furry Forums, and here's Flareon from my part. I tried my best, but there are still a lot of things off. Guess that just means I can learn a lot just from this drawing I can take with me for my next drawing (that's why I made the art trade in the first place).

Constructive feedback is more than welcome, which is why I created this in the first place. These are fairly old drawings, but I figured I can still learn from them anyways.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:41:17 pm by Michen_S »

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Michen's Furry artwork
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:28 pm »
It's always nice to see new artists and their work.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:31:00 am »

Sorry for the long wait. I tried to play around with shades a bit, it's not very well done nor very visible on the scan, so I'll check how to solve that.

This drawing is recognisable as Jesus on the cross for some, except it seems... off. Lightly said. There are some Christians who don't like what I did here. I chose to do it this way with a reason, that being that this simply appeals more to me. I also did this because I knew not everyone liked it (I actually wanted to make it even worse, but a friend advised me not to). Some Christian groups sometimes critisize other Chhristian groups with disastrous results, sometimes with the best intentions. My personal faith seem to clash with what other Christians believe at times. Here in the Netherlands Christians in general are getting more critique from non-Christians. So yeah, there you go.

Constructive critisism is welcome.

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00:42 pm »

I wanted to make something else, but that appeared to be too difficult to actually complete for me. So I decided to make something else instead. This is what came out, and I really like the result. Arms and legs still are a problem, which were the biggest problem. Let me know which 'foot' looks better.

As always, constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 11:11:59 am »
Your right foot looks more plantigrade, where as your left foot looks more digitigrade.

Also, hands typically narrow at the wrist before widening into a hand. It would give yours more definition.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 11:18:26 am »

Sorry for the long wait. I tried to play around with shades a bit, it's not very well done nor very visible on the scan, so I'll check how to solve that.

This drawing is recognisable as Jesus on the cross for some, except it seems... off. Lightly said. There are some Christians who don't like what I did here. I chose to do it this way with a reason, that being that this simply appeals more to me. I also did this because I knew not everyone liked it (I actually wanted to make it even worse, but a friend advised me not to). Some Christian groups sometimes critisize other Chhristian groups with disastrous results, sometimes with the best intentions. My personal faith seem to clash with what other Christians believe at times. Here in the Netherlands Christians in general are getting more critique from non-Christians. So yeah, there you go.

Constructive critisism is welcome.

Women typically have wider hips than men. If you taper them closer to the width of the torso he might appear more masculine.

Keep up the good work! As for your picture of Jesus: Others can go suck an egg. It's your relationship with God. You are accountable for it, not them. People have been depicting Jesus for nearly 2000 years, and all of them are wrong (nobody knows what he looked like. I seriously doubt he was some saintly looking white guy).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:21:22 am by Varg the wanderer »

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 03:45:18 pm »
Women typically have wider hips than men. If you taper them closer to the width of the torso he might appear more masculine.

Keep up the good work! As for your picture of Jesus: Others can go suck an egg. It's your relationship with God. You are accountable for it, not them. People have been depicting Jesus for nearly 2000 years, and all of them are wrong (nobody knows what he looked like. I seriously doubt he was some saintly looking white guy).

I wass actually trying to create a female lioness. You know how God is usually portrayed as male? I wanted to focus more on God's female side, because God has that as well. Well, that and a male lion is harder to draw. I should mention it more clearly next time.
People seem to draw Jesus with their own cultural background in mind, so I'm not really doing anything new there, since the furry fandom is kind of an entire subculture in it's own way. That makes my art just as valid as theirs.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:47:49 pm by Michen_S »

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Michen's Furry artwork [May contain mild nudity/swearing]
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 12:29:46 pm »
Keep posting your work. I am glad to see your getting some
feed back.

Men like to feel they control society.  So the belief that God is
a male would follow. Personally I doubt a God would be limited
to any gender.

:orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 04:43:23 pm »
feed back.

to any gender.

While I agree with this, Jesus was male. If you are trying to depict a female feline, hmmm. What if you lengthen the torso a little bit and make the shoulders a little less broad?

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 05:30:42 pm »
feed back.

to any gender.

Funnily enough, 'God the Father' chose to represent Themselves as a male despite being genderless. Or both, I don't know. Does it even work the same for someone who isn't physical? Either way, They have both a male and female side who are equally big. I just refer to God with 'Them'. Not to be politically correct, but just because it makes more sense to me. And it has become kind of a habit by now.

While I agree with this, Jesus was male. If you are trying to depict a female feline, hmmm. What if you lengthen the torso a little bit and make the shoulders a little less broad?

Yes, Jesus was male. But Jesus was also human and not an anthro lioness. Also, John 19:23 suggest Jesus was crucified naked, but he's depicted as covered with a cloth, like, everywhere.

• Male
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 08:17:14 pm »
Yes, Jesus was male. But Jesus was also human and not an anthro lioness. Also, John 19:23 suggest Jesus was crucified naked, but he's depicted as covered with a cloth, like, everywhere.
I'm not knocking your depiction. I like it being 'different', because different wakes people up.

Jesus's modest depictions were either made or are modified by a prudish time late. I want to say it was the Renaissance, but I could be wrong. Early art did show him naked because you are right, it is suggested that is how he was crucified, and how people typically were crucified at the time. So if you want to make her naked, then do so. Show where she was stabbed in the side, and where the blood ran down and caked onto her from her many wounds. If you want to show it to us, I'm sure it would be welcomed in the adult section. Adult here spans a lot of things, not just the ones people search when they're lonely.

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 06:13:02 pm »
I'm not knocking your depiction. I like it being 'different', because different wakes people up.

Jesus's modest depictions were either made or are modified by a prudish time late. I want to say it was the Renaissance, but I could be wrong. Early art did show him naked because you are right, it is suggested that is how he was crucified, and how people typically were crucified at the time. So if you want to make her naked, then do so. Show where she was stabbed in the side, and where the blood ran down and caked onto her from her many wounds. If you want to show it to us, I'm sure it would be welcomed in the adult section. Adult here spans a lot of things, not just the ones people search when they're lonely.

That's great to hear, because I love to be different sometimes. It's part of who I am, I think differently than most people. I see other options, other obstacles and I have a different focus on things. Some of those different focusses can be very interesting. They can make for great artwork if I have the courage to make it. And here, I showed that courage.
Don't worry about me and the adult area. I know what I can find there, and also what I can add there.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 01:10:05 pm »
As with all artists we depict our work to suit ourselves. Not to others
unless your paid to do so.

The main thing to remember in choosing a gender, race or species. You
need to follow physical norms. Otherwise the viewer will be confused.

Now if your drawing a fantasy creature then your allowed to do pretty
much as you wish. Anthropomorphic creatures tend to follow a mix of
human and animal. Then norms for both will likely be needed.

So it's a good idea to study animal and human structures of both genders.
 Even if your drawings are aimed only as cartoons, and not realistic.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:16:14 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline DazWizzle

• Species: Human
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 08:47:38 am »
If you are after some sound advice on the way things are to look, pointers and what to look for jump on YouTube and have a look at 'Scribble Kibble - What level is your art?' Many of the other episodes in the series give lots of pointers too and will also point to other peoples work for review and advice.

Like the artwork, the last one you did reminds me a lot of Lilith. If you are after a more female representation of someone on the cross I would recommend checking out that. Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rebuild of Evangelion are good reference points for Lilith. If you want a more biblical reference though a lot of it has been removed or simply ignored from modern literature but its out there.
Regards,

DazWizzle

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 06:07:37 pm »
If you are after some sound advice on the way things are to look, pointers and what to look for jump on YouTube and have a look at 'Scribble Kibble - What level is your art?' Many of the other episodes in the series give lots of pointers too and will also point to other peoples work for review and advice.

Oh right, I forgot about that YouTube video. I've seen it before, but rewatching it can never hurt. I'll have another look at the channel later.

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 04:41:06 pm »

Sorry for the late update, we had a few problems with the wireless network in the past time.

It's Michen again. This is probably the drawing I'm going to remake forever to be able to see better how my drawing improves over time. There's now a bandage around the right front paw, and the scarf is now light purple instead of blue. The head is way too small now that I look at it (my dad commented on that too), but I think overall they came out nicely. I'm quite happy with it.

As always, constructive critisism is welcome.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:23:19 am by Michen_S »

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 08:54:56 am »

Heeey! It's been too long since I uploaded something!

Meet Zila, a female character I wanted to use in RPs and future art work. I tried to do some shading for this art piece, but after a while I just gave up on that. And the colour pencils we have here are uhh... still the ones of bad quality. Needless to say it didn't quite come out the way I wanted it to. :/

Anyways, after finishing it I still liked the restults so I'll upload it anyways. So let me know what you think. And now that this is finished, I should start on the next one so I can upload more than 1 drawing every 2 months for a change.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:23:05 am by Michen_S »

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 02:46:17 pm »

Here's Chandelure! I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Trust me, the paper version looks better than the scanned one. I also think the shading on this one is a lot better than on my previous drawings, which is always a good thing. I know there's still a lot of room for improvement, don't worry. But I liked working on this one because I pushed myself less hard to make it look good and I just tried to have fun making it. Of course I still did my best!

Oh yeah, some colours are not found on normal Chandelures, but I thought it looked a bit more interesting this way. It's intentional.

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 01:21:16 pm »

A request made by my birdbr- I mean a certain family member, who wanted me to draw his birdb- I mean feathersona, Fayam. Long overdue, but finally finished. Worth it though. I really like how his left wing came out, for example.

Unfortunately I'm not open for requests quite yet, except for family members and friends. I hope to be able to do that one day, but not with my current upload speed. Constructive critisism is welcome as usual, and I hope you'll have a really good day.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 03:36:43 pm »
That Chandelure is adorable! I love Pokemon fanart.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 05:40:28 am »
Thanks, I do my best...

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »

This is Rosea. Or rather was as I made a new character in her place now. I forgot to include it here, my bad. Anyways, here's the new character.

Heeeere's ⌿Lanaret! No, the ⌿ before his name is not a mistake, as his name is not "official". Upon birth, children do not have a name. They choose their name themselves later in life. Some children, like ⌿Lanaret, choose to name themselves before adult age. Their names are started with an ⌿ and unlike adults they can still change their name quite easily. Names starting with an ⌿ are "unofficial", but are most commonly used as normal ones. The symbol does not change how you pronounce it. Upon reaching the adult age, they can change their name if they want to and the ⌿ disappears, or they'll choose one if they haven't yet.

Anyways, ⌿Lanaret is an anthro stoat and is based on his previous version Rosea. It is most certainly a he, but his sex is misjudged often. Most of the time he even causes this confusion himself as he likes to trick others. Don't be fooled by his appearance either - he's not as cute as he might look. He's had more life experience than most people his age and can be quite unpredictable at times. Watching him dance is at your own risk. His fur changes with the seasons: he is brown with white in summer and just white in winter, like real stoats.

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 10:19:57 am »
It's been a while, hasn't it?

I don't really like hugs from behind, Albie...

Request from Albie from The Furry Forums! I experimented with background a little, and uh... Some things came out wrong, but this was a really difficult piece. Making it was a pain. Of course, despite being glad this is behind me, it was good for the experience and now I can look back on the mistakes I made here and do better next time. So, uh, I'm grateful for this chance, an' things like that...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 09:54:07 pm »
Keep up the good work Michen!
Drawing is pretty hard, and you are doing well!

I like your stoats, I can imagine them causing a bit of trouble if they wanted to.     (Before coming to Furtopia, I hadn't heard of stoats,  now I see them everywhere since I am aware of them.)

And I bet it took a lot of time to put all the fur spots on your last drawing.  So if one may ask, why does Michen have a bandaged right arm?  Hopefully he didn't suffer to serous a wound.

Glad i checked in today, and saw your artwork! 
Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:55:39 pm by Jade Sinapu »
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Michen_S

• Male
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 01:56:11 pm »
Yeah, especially with this heat, vacation and being overstressed for a while... Let's just say I didn't make much progress. And thanks for the compliment!

The bandage basically works as leg support. It makes sense with how often he uses it to overcome everyday obstackles as a feral, and it's more comfortable than wearing other kinds of compression material.  ̅ \_('⏑')_/ ̅