Author Topic: Thoughts on Liz Cheney?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Chewy, God of Rats

• Species: Rat
  • Professional Gambler, Peaked in High School
Thoughts on Liz Cheney?
« on: January 12, 2022, 09:55:11 pm »
I've heard a lot about Liz Cheney lately, mostly good things from my democrat friends and mostly bad by the "Trump is God" folks. As someone who considers myself progressive on social issues but more conservative leaning in terms of government control and regulations, I respect the way she picked country over party by not standing by Trump.
However, I find it hard to stand by or support Liz Cheney based on her past and willingness to flip-flop on important issues. Ignoring she's a Cheney as not everyone is like their parents. I still find it hard to look past how she publicly opposed same-sex marriage, willingly talked down about her sister, and tried to distance herself from her publicly gay sister in attempt to cater to her party's voters. Even though within the past year she has stated she was wrong, I can't help to think she's only backtracking in attempt to gain support from the democratic and independent side of voters. Anyone care to chime in or am I just rambling to myself about a nonsensical topic?
Mating is temporary, the stench of cheese is forever

Offline Alex

• Species: Raccoon
  • Male
Re: Thoughts on Liz Cheney?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 03:26:27 pm »
I respect the way she picked country over party by not standing by Trump.

Yeah, that is respectable. I still don't trust or support any politician with a (D) or (R) after their names anymore though.

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
Re: Thoughts on Liz Cheney?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 01:25:11 am »
Agree or disagree: she did her duty according to her conscience. Now it's up to the voters in her state to decide.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#