Author Topic: Are you a free paw?  (Read 61276 times)

Offline Scupper

• Species: Fox dog thingy.
  • Male
Re: Are you a free paw?
« Reply #325 on: October 28, 2013, 12:33:40 am »
Once again I find myself having to bring work into things. Because of the nature of my employment I need to wear certain articles of clothing that conform to a set of rules that for lack of a better term have been righten in blood. So yeaz, when I am working I wear shoes. However; when I'm at home, no not at all. I enjoy hiking and most of the places that I go have been travelled by trash spewing  stink bags, for this I have found these,  http://www.rei.com/product/811837/vibram-fivefingers-kso-multisport-shoes-kids,-blue/gray?preferredSku=8118370108&cm_mmc=cse_PLA-_-pla-_-product-_-8118370108&mr:trackingCode=267BAD36-F086-E011-9A77-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=34984701040&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=39033472240&msid=3APlf1HK_dc|pcrid|34984701040|&{copy:s_kwcid} they provide basic protection from things like broken glass and such but still allow my paws to "Act Naturally".
You know these people. They go to sleep, they think everything’s fine, everything’s good.... Then they wake up and they're on fire.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #326 on: October 28, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »
So,  i used to try and wear vibrams but because my toes curl in somewhat they were extremely uncomfortable... They also look incredibly silly and are hard to wear to work. (I work at a software company)

I found these recently which are as think as vibrams,  but look like boots from the top (the angle most people will see them from) and don't have individual toes.

But you can still feel every crack in the sidewalk and every tiny pebble through them.

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »
My only shoes are tanker boots, so I wear none until it's worth putting those on. Usually I can avoid glass when out for a run/walk but I do occasionally wind up having to stop and get some out.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #328 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:43 am »
Walking to and from school my feet have toughened up a bit more...walking along the highway for a few miles will do that I guess.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #329 on: November 06, 2013, 11:13:07 am »
I had gotten to the point lately of wearing no shoes/socks around the house or yard. Then...I realized the linoleum stick-tile the kitchen and dining room are floored with was making my foot soles essentially get really bad dermatitis. Stupid linoleum...

So, wearing socks around the house again. Which is okay I guess, it is started to get too chilly for free pawing now.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »
I usually only go free paw in my room cause I have shag carpeting and it feels awesome!

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Kira

• Female
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2013, 06:48:28 am »
I pretty much never wear shoes inside. And I only sometimes do outside, the ground outside around here gets spiky in the warmer months (and prickly sometimes) but in the cooler months I can run around outside free paw quiet easily.  :)

Offline Kastra Epsilon

• Possibly maybe hazardous.
  • Female
« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »
Out of curiosity, I've tried free pawing through snow recently.
It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, I didn't even feel the cold, my feet just stopped feeling it. After a while though, the joints in my feet started getting that felling like I just jumped off, say, a one and a half story building. Not exactly pain, (I'm adjusted to jumping from large heights) but just a sort of uncomfortable feeling. I guess snow will take some getting used to, though. Come to think of it, i'll probably come out again and see how it feels like now that I've done it before...

...Not much difference. As long as my mom won't notice the bare foot-shaped footprints, I'll be fine.  (:

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2013, 05:55:11 am »
I drove barefoot today. It was allot easier than wearing shoes ^.^ With shoes you can't feel as much of the ground. This may however be a good thing (as shoes protect you). I once stepped on glass in the carpark to a beach in New Zealand (I live in Aus btw). The experience was not fun. It cut my foot and I was like "WHO THE HELL WOULD LEAVE GLASS AT A BEACH"

The only things that can hurt you when going barefoot is man made objects and prickly weeds/twigs

Most of the time I'm only shoeless indoors and when I go to walk to the mailbox. I really don't like shoes though! They make my feet sweat and I have to use a foot powder. Also have to wear shoes to venues that kick you out if you don't wear shoes.

However next time I go indoor rock climbing I'm going to try to do it barefoot :) Hoping that it will be allot easier to feel where the footings are.

Man I use to love going barefoot everywhere.  It was great until my toes turned purple for about a month.  Went to a lot of doctors then trying to find out what caused this and in the end I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Disease.  Which really just means that I have poor circulation in my hands and feet and need to avoid exposure to cold.  Since then I kind of need to wear socks and shoes everywhere and wear slippers around the house in winter.  No big deal really just glad it wasn't anything more serious.
I used to have this problem. My feet were uber cold and my toenails blue. I improved my circulation by using a Pumice stone to get rid of old skin on my feet. I recoment using this guide: http://suite101.com/a/using-a-pumice-stone-to-soften-feet-a402318 Because we have to wear this stupid thing called shoes! We get excess buildups of dead skin cells. My feet also stopped sweating a lot less. My sister is diagnosed with Raynaud's Disease and I'm not sure if I have it. But try that. It worked for me :) An alternative is not wearing shoes and going barefoot everywhere! Which I want to do :P Also running is allot more fun barefoot.

Edit:
I went running barefoot in a park (It was actually the local botanical gardens) yesterday! It was amazing :3 Loved the Short cut grass. I also ran on some gravel (it wasn't sharp which was good) and to my suprise it didn't hurt.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:55:41 pm by Sciex »

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #334 on: March 13, 2014, 01:16:58 am »
i have stepped on glass, spiked in foot by spike weed burs, stepped on a chestnut husk walked on asphalt in the summer for a 1/4 of a mile but i like to walk bare paw anytime my parents arent looking or when the weather is nice. :goldgrin:
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

• Male
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:43 am »
oh i also forgot to tell about the 2 rusty screws i stepped on (with boots of coarse)
I will see you all soon

http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

• Male
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2014, 02:13:21 am »
i was free paw for the entire weekend at a cabin and i was outside most of the their during fights washing the dog casual walking and even drawing :D
I will see you all soon

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2014, 02:40:39 am »
i always wear shoes outside (except for short trips to my back/front yard) my feet get cut easy but i can sorta pick things up with them. i also have pretty good grip with them so they are useful on slippery floors. in my house i don't wear shoes but wear socks if it's cold.

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2014, 07:01:43 pm »
i always wear shoos, especially inside, partly because my family requires it ( inverse with most house shoe rules i know) and because i basically live in the basement, in which the floor is the foundation so its a big heat sink. so i need shoes to stop my feet from freezing, (and they still do it just takes longer).
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2014, 05:10:42 pm »
I am somewhat a free paw. Inside my house, I take off my shoes and socks. Whenever I need to go outside for a bit, I don't put on my shoes. Whenever I'm at school, I take off my shoes, until next hour comes. Whenever I'm outside for a long period of time, I wear shoes because I hate the feeling of grass under my feet.
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #340 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »
Honestly if I could free paw all day everyday I would but we can't do that at work its "socially unacceptable". But when I co.f b home sho re a off socks off I don't care what I do be it cut grass, wash my car in the gravel, whatever no shoes no socks.

Offline Evilo

• Male
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2014, 02:19:21 am »
I love free paw, I've been walking barefoot through broken glass and still enjoyed it, just that as Zoxide said it's mostly considered "socially unacceptable" so can't really do that often.
Reconciliations lying sprawled one on top of the other.
Action gets ahead of us.
Keep believing without realizing a long gone shadow.
Hide a voiceless word I saved yesterday
And lose track of it.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2014, 06:58:49 am »
I love free paw, I've been walking barefoot through broken glass and still enjoyed it, just that as Zoxide said it's mostly considered "socially unacceptable" so can't really do that often.
what do you mean walked through broken glass? did you mean that you enjoyed it despite that? and yea.. Sadly it's not socially acceptable -_- but whatever..

Offline Evilo

• Male
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »
what do you mean walked through broken glass? did you mean that you enjoyed it despite that? and yea.. Sadly it's not socially acceptable -_- but whatever..

Yeah i was in a seaside town where you know it was pretty ok to walk barefoot but there was a lot of broken glass laying around from parties in clubs and so on and i found quite interesting walking through broken glass. I mean you gotta keep your foot kind of hard so it's not easy for the glass to cut you but also you gotta keep up you can't really take an hour to walk 3 meters of broken glass  :D
Action gets ahead of us.
And lose track of it.

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2014, 12:30:08 am »

Yeah i was in a seaside town where you know it was pretty ok to walk barefoot but there was a lot of broken glass laying around from parties in clubs and so on and i found quite interesting walking through broken glass. I mean you gotta keep your foot kind of hard so it's not easy for the glass to cut you but also you gotta keep up you can't really take an hour to walk 3 meters of broken glass  :D

i usually dictate a path through something like that. like when i walk on the gravel i quickly dictate the easiest less painful path to walk within a second. i go to beaches and lakes and run on the rocks and rockbeds with no thought. also comes to my fursona im building up being all ninja like.  (:

Offline Evilo

• Male
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:51 am »

i usually dictate a path through something like that. like when i walk on the gravel i quickly dictate the easiest less painful path to walk within a second. i go to beaches and lakes and run on the rocks and rockbeds with no thought. also comes to my fursona im building up being all ninja like.  (:

Haha, nice ! (: I usually like to just push myself to the maximum and see how much i can take. Not pain necessary but exercise, running everything ^^
Action gets ahead of us.
And lose track of it.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2014, 11:21:10 pm »
Yea. It's fun to run along the rocks and jump from rock to rock at the beach  :)

• Male
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2014, 01:22:41 am »
Yea. It's fun to run along the rocks and jump from rock to rock at the beach  :)

love to do that

and running up a dirt slope
walking over the grass....in the dark

and any time i can go free paw :goldglee:
I will see you all soon

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #348 on: September 17, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »
So here is one, anyone about some free paw through the mud?. Especially a mud patch the sun has been beating down on.

• Male
« Reply #349 on: September 18, 2014, 02:20:42 am »
So here is one, anyone about some free paw through the mud?. Especially a mud patch the sun has been beating down on.

i have :golgrin:

and i may do it again sometime  ;)
I will see you all soon