Author Topic: What does your Fursona mean?  (Read 30729 times)

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
Re: What does your Fursona mean?
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 12:21:31 pm »
My fursona didn't really represent me at first. Just my old human character turned into a red wolf. But then it became more bizarre. Instead of the young, shield-bearing boy it used to be, he slowly evolved into the intelligent, demented, and rather unusual warhammer-wielding scientist in the furry version of the Half-Life universe. Hmmmmm..... now that I think about it, it still doesn't represent me.... Well at least I got the unusual part right... :P

Offline a rare hat

• I used to know a lot of snazzy quotes
  • Female
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:17 pm »
I have two fursonas. Mainly I'm Twitch, the rat/hare. Occasionally I'm Fuse, who's a male hare.

For me just having two fursonas was in a small way symbolic. Twitch is a representation of who I usually am; kind of dosy, pretty hyper and immature, playful. Whereas Fuse is a bit of a nut with a short fuse, pun intended.

So mostly I'm Twitch. But sometimes I'm the exact opposite and when drawing, writing or RPing in this mood it felt weird using Twitch.

Why I chose the species I did; I got into furry stuff through fantasy books mostly. In a few of the books I read the hares were portrayed as odd types, in one way or another. I felt odd; I felt like a hare.

At first I didn't think there was a symbolic reason for why I chose rat, too. But now I'm remembering how my grandmother's friend used to call me "the rat", in Spanish, because of my habit of hiding from people and being rather sneaksome and hard to detect. :P
rahh. fursona doodles ftw.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:35 pm »
I don't have much in common with cows, but when I started working with them I found I had an almost spiritual connection with them... I'm not sure if I see myself as a cow, so much as I feel I have a deep connection with cows. But is that enough to say what my fursona is?

Of course! That is, if you want your fursona to be a cow. Furry is an intensely individual thing... lots of furs have spiritual connections with their animals, but lots don't. Lots of furs choose animals that are very similar to them, and lots don't. Lots of furs just choose their fursona because they like a particular animal or think it looks cool. ^_^ Those are all perfectly legitimate ways to pick a fursona. There's only one criterion, and this is it: if you consider yourself to be a furry, for whatever reason, then that's what you are. :)

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 10:23:03 pm »
My Fursona is The Onion Knight Moogle. He represents my Whimsical Side. Kupo!   :)

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 09:31:06 pm »
My fursona story is not exactly unique. A friend told me about the fandom, I then looked into it (mostly because it was summer and I was jobless and bored). I really liked it, and dived in. I was never very good at swimming, so I did a belly flop. That hurt and my side was red for hours. Anyway, I found the concept of fursonas fascinating and I wanted one. I was definitely not a wolf, not social enough. Foxes, nah, not sly or cunning enough. Cats were a little too... something. I fail to understand what. An avian just wasn't for me, I like having my paws on the ground. Reptilians aren't for me either, I have a very warm body. Also scales are weird for me to feel, let alone be covered in. Rodents just were a little too... evasive. Does that make sense? Either way, they're not for me. Rabbits are a bit too...vegetarian. For me, that is an adjective that means more than 'person who doesn't eat meat'. Mustelids though, almost fit. I really dig them, badgers especially. I liked them enough to make them my fursona v1.0. Then I was doubting myself about giving up cats on the way to mustelids though and I took another look. I realized that I had a lot of feline and musteline traits and I couldn't get myself to choose between them. Someone here told me about the possibility to hybridize them and here I am now, a Cadger. I am not a very spiritual person, so there really isn't much of a connection on that level. Its just, if I were to pick a fur that I would like to look like and that I probably act like, it would be a Cadger.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline KuroOokamiTsume

• Skunk + Fox = SOX!
  • Female
    • Kuro's Artsy Fartsy Page!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »
Lets see...

I chose the path of halfbreed because I truly am a mix of two different things - German and Cherokee! I chose the fox because it embodies everything I want to become - cunning, sleek, quick on my toes to solve problems. I chose Skunk because...well, Nanaki and I were coming up with hybrid fursonas that looked quite similar, but with inverted colors, and he loves the fluffy tail.

(And TBH, I do too!)

Our fursonas are shapeshifters that can become dragons to interact with other dragons on the Nightmare Realms. (God, gotta love late night RP sessions.)
Like my avatar? I take commissions: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kuroookamitsume
Into each life, some rain must fall, to water the gardens of our souls." - Me.

Offline Wolflynx

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2010, 11:36:37 am »
Well, Wolflynx means a lot to me. Just because.. she's me.
I made my first fursona in 2008, a black wolf with tons of accersories. I belive she was called 'Glitter'. I used her for a while, but realized she was not me. So I think of my physical features. I have light skin, and blonde/golden hair. So, Glitter turned into a Blonde Husky. But I wasn't satisfied, yet I liked this design. She wasn't glitter, she was wolf. Something she wasn't, and wouldn't every be, but something simlar. But I'm not pureblooded, and I was certain that, neither was she. I added a few features from an canadian lynx, tufty ears and tips of colours.. After a bit, I really didn't know about. I love wolves, more than lynxes or huskies. So, I took away the lynx features, but kept them subtle, they're still there. So, I kept some featurres of a lynx, some wolf, and Husky.
Wolflynx is me. She's what I'm like. She's not perfect, she wants to be more perfect than she is. She wnats to get somewhere.
She means a lot to me, as does yours.
Her species are what identify with me personally. The lynx because it's swift and hardy, the Wolf because it's majestic and mythical, and the dog because it's friendly and happy-go-lucky.

Offline Furskie

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2010, 01:09:54 pm »
Originally I thought my fursona was a dragon. Such creature was majestic and rare. And then it turned into wolf. It was loyal and mysterious. But I later on found out that I actually based my fursona on my personality more than what looked better and cool. Dragon fursona really wasn't realistic for me because it was just a fantasy creature that people dreamed about. For the wolf, it also really wasn't me because in my mind I was not as brave and independent in real life. Not that I couldn't be independent but wolf really wasn't my character.

Finally after multiple dreams of cats and reflecting the characteristics of cats, I realized that my fursona was really more close to cats than I realized. It turned out that my personality and actions were very similar to cats as well. Of course, that is not to say I'm not loyal to my friends and family since felines can be very selfish and disloyal at times. But it's the basic image of the cat family that really resembles who I am.  :)

Offline DeltaFur

• Male
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 08:15:42 pm »
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I am the most selfish person I know...
~Delta~

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Mr. FroFox

• Mr. Frofox's vulpine vendetta continues
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2010, 09:22:47 pm »
My fursona is my doppelganger, simply put. A foxy, wily interloper pervading my imagination and acting like he owns the place. The depressing bit is that he probably does. :P Still, we manage a generally cordial coexistence.
"Oh frettled gruntbuggly
thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
on a lurgid bee."

Offline Furskie

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 01:20:09 pm »
Not all cats are like that though. Hence why I wrote: "felines can be very selfish" instead of "felines are very selfish".  :o

Offline Zion

• Mehable
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2010, 10:28:48 am »
I find it quite difficult to explain my fursona. its odd cause it came to me in a dream i had. I had this dream which i can still remember today (Odd. no?) I was in a snowy forest surrounded by trees and cold air and snow all around. I saw a Wolf figure. White with black patches and a scar on his eye. I dont know how i got to this image but somehow i liked it, and oddly i felt like i WAS it. and i just remember me. a wolf just walking across this endless forest. A day or two later when i learnt about designing and other people Have this so called "Fursona" i thought this could mean the wolf i seen in my dreams and control, must be me. And then i had someones help to design him with the best of memory from my dream and then i came out with this wolf which nearly looked Perfect to my dream, Then i taken this image as my fursona. The me if i was a animal, It does sound stupid but i just feel like this could be me, Plus when i look around (since im a big animal lover i do search up) I am closer to a wolf  then any other. other chances are a lion or a badger or a dog. But wolf is one to. So i kept this and Created my idea for a fursona, Zion. I got the name Zion from my favorite TV show. somehow i felt it suited my fursonas like standards. But really this was my choice in name but i felt like it fit. It means "Heavenly Paradise" In some language (i learnt from the tv show i got it from) Which i find funny cause i dont consider myself such a heavenly Paradise. But throughout my dreams and my good friends In my own little world as Zion i do live in a heaven of some sort.

So.. Hope i did this ok ^^
"The only thing that can hurt me, is being apart from you.." - From Zion to Hailey

Offline RaggedyHatter

• I judge you based on how you type
  • Female
    • Furry art from a catram? :O
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2010, 03:08:06 pm »
I wish I could say that I had some deep spiritual connection with my fursona and all that, but I just started drawing depictions of me at work with cat ears on. That then evolved into something more anthropomorphized (is that even a word?) and eventually I just stuck little ram horns on the side of the head, because I thought, "what the heck."

She was always meant to be me, so I guess that's about the gist of it.
Signature on hiatus until it gets its act together.

Offline DeltaFur

• Male
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2010, 08:26:31 pm »
Not all cats are like that though. Hence why I wrote: "felines can be very selfish" instead of "felines are very selfish".  :o

All the felines I've ever known are very selfish. Just like me. Surprisingly, we get along pretty well.
~Delta~

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:12 pm »
My fursona is an orange anthro dog because I have about the personality of a dog. Energetic and silly, doesn't care too much if others see them as too wild. They are also very serious in dangerous situations.

In one of my stories (that I'm not writing but might if I develop it enough) I am a human who gets changed into an orange anthro dog (the means of which are undecided) who is brought to a world where furries exist.

Anyway, I just like this fursona because I think it describes me and appeals to my animal instincts.

My fursona may change, but that really depends on the story. I really like my fursona right now.

I think that true fursonas really have to connect with you. You can't just chose one because "I like dogs" or "I like cats." It has to connect with you on a physical or emotional level.

But that's just my opinion.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 12:21:57 am »
So.. Hope i did this ok ^^
I think you did just fine, yes.  :)

Your story really intrigues me.  While my fursona is a fox (even though it appears otherwise right now), I had some very vivid dreams (vivid because I was still awake) of lions before that amazed me.  I'll never forget those; they were very special to me.  My connection still is strongest with the fox, but I think the lion has become a sort of secondary totem for me.  I still need to learn a lot more about these things, though...
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Geass

• Action is ALL that matters
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2010, 07:05:15 pm »
My Fursona is a Black Widow.I appear harmless,sweet,and innocent.I can turn on you at any moment and strike hard and fast,I can be your friend one minute then I can be your enemy the next.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:42:50 pm by Geass »

Offline Anthro_Inquisitor

• What is feared is not what is evil.
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2010, 06:20:14 pm »
My fursona is that of a bat: but it doesn't represent anything of me :)

My species isn't necessarily a mark of my personality :P

Offline Mike Folf

• Marf! =3
  • Male
    • Valleydog Comic
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2010, 08:30:25 pm »
My fursona is a result of indecisiveness. It is a duplicate of my personality with slight exaggerations. When it comes to canines, though, I find myself leaning more towards foxes than wolves. I love being unique, so I added a long scientific name to it. So in short, I guess my fursona is a meaningful combination of mish-mash. (:
I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanus Califius, Cali Folf for short..

Tweet Comic FA

Offline Shasari

• Male
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2010, 12:24:07 am »
My fursona, a bipedal digitigrade Siberian tiger, means quite a bit to me.  I studied environmental sciences in college where I learned quite a bit about their plight in the natural habitats, and I have also worked with and around captive tigers in a few places.  I have had many dreams about them, dreams of a spiritual nature.  I just felt it "right", as in right for me to adopt the fursona of Siberian tiger for the connection I feel to them, in memory of those I've known who've passed on, and in honor of those I have come to know while working with them.
Have you hugged a fursuiter today?

Pet's name: Chalakai
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2011, 04:21:44 am »
plain and simple, he is part of me.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline skinwalker3

• Entertain me!
  • Female
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2011, 07:57:42 am »
Let's see what people think of mine...

My fursona is a white wolf with other.. aspects. She has 1 foot long gray ears, like a fennec fox, and those for me represent the good hearing I have. It's also because whenever I would draw myself as something else, the big ears were always kinda.. there. She has a black spot marking above each eye, much like an eyebrow, which not only helps me give emotion, but also helps me show to others that I... have seen darkness, so to speak. She has a large curled tail like husky, because I've always pictured myself with one. The feathers come from what I collect and find beautiful, bird feathers. I keep them around my room and often put them in my hair if I find them during the summer, so I put them on Aleya. Her gray front leg stocking markings represent some gray gloves my grandmother made me before she passed away. And as for the yellow spot on her chest, that represents my grandmother as well, and that she will always be in my heart and nearby. The brown eyes were because my last fursona, I've only changed twice, had blue, and not only was it unnatural for a wolf, but I also felt the brown eyes would match me better, since I have brown eyes as well.

That's it Cx Sorry I kinda rambled on there..
DeviantART: http://skinwalker3.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MsSkinwalker3?feature=mhum

"As long as you like it, it doesn't have to make sense"

~Aleya

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2011, 01:26:33 am »
...WOW that's alot of thought
mine is much more simple, it is how i wish to be.  Emerald is just a screen name I use but the character is how i wish i looked irl.
As for why I picked otter....I'm not so sure.  I kinda like the palyful attitude, also their markings(the pattern not so much the color)
and I enjoy swimming and LOVE all sorts of fish/clams/shellfish whatever.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline MWBrantley

• This's the kind of thing that no-one ever believes
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:25 am »
You could say that mine is a fursona in a state of transition; I initially joined because of a human/cthuloid character I had created in several RPs on another forum, but I have since come to realize that I identify, much as I have always done, much more closely with Coyote, the legendary/Mystical NA and Southwestern figure and spirit. Thus, the 'Canid' -for Canis Latrans - part of the designation that you can see above my avatar, which (somewhat incongruously) is still of the cthuloid character.

I'm somewhat of a jokester/trickster, rather impetuous, slightly nefarious, and somewhat mercurial in disposition, much like descriptions of both Coyote of the NA traditions, and 'Senor Coyote,' of the Southwestern (Mexican Borderlands) folklore.

I think that's confusing enough for now... (:
Plan? What plan? I'm making this up as I go...

Offline homegrownkodi

• Male
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2011, 07:33:09 pm »
It's a really, really poor attempt to hold onto my dying happiness... ;.;

UM SERIOUSY THO.
My fursona does make me smile.

He is pretty much my fantasy of escaping from the stressful and unnatural way of human living without losing my personality. It's my ideal image/representation of myself. I am a total misanthrope. :P
ALSO PAWS ARE CUTE -runs off-
PSN: homegrown-Kodi
Gamertag: HomegrownKodi

Icon by Tyler