Author Topic: What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?  (Read 18136 times)

Offline A_Foxice_Building

• Male
What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »
I personally always chewed things excessively. I'm currently holding 12 pieces of pencil that until 10 minutes ago used to be an entire pencil and I can chew the end off in 3 bites! So yeah, what did you do, and if you didn't do anything, what was the first thing you did do before/after discovering the fandom/going furry?
The pic is NOT mine. Sorry, but I'm not THAT good.
Oh, and did you know that the word "Gullible" is written on your back. Yeah, it's also not in the dictionary. (hides grin)

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: What sorta furry thing did you do before you discovered furry?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:10:57 pm »
The transformation sect of furry, is what really drew me in. I was always into those sort of stories, and movies.. Constantly fantasizing 'I want to be a cat..just leave.' (Every child has that 1 movie he or she watched at least once a day? Mine was 'The Sword in the Stone'.)

Eventually, I discovered the fandom, and I'm where I am now  ;).

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:14:21 pm »
Oh wow, now THIS makes me think :3
Lessee, been a fur for 6 years now (Man, it's been that long already? ) so I was about 15 or less....
Well I've always been feline-like, with some poses, habits and stuff. I guess that wasn't hard X3
I also liked making animal noises, in particular meowing :3
And I liked sneaking in the night X3
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:07:29 pm by Serra Belvoule »
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline LordFenrir

• Artist. Writer. Hack/fraud.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:29:47 pm »
I drew furry art for 6 years before "joining" the fandom, an wrote the first draft of The Shadow of the Dog Lord, both a short story and the 120 page game book a year before joining, does that count?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »
art
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:39:16 am »

Lolchewing.

I chewed apart a leather belt once when i was bored and not paying attention.   >.>

But yeah...

Art,  loved anthropomorphics,  have always been a goofball in the right setting,  have always liked wolves.

There's more,  I'm just in a weird coffee deprived state and having a hard time remembering details of things that happened years ago...  >.>

Offline Mylo

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:55:51 am »
The transformation sect of furry, is what really drew me in. I was always into those sort of stories, and movies.. Constantly fantasizing 'I want to be a cat..just leave.' (Every child has that 1 movie he or she watched at least once a day? Mine was 'The Sword in the Stone'.)

Eventually, I discovered the fandom, and I'm where I am now  ;).

Hey, me too!!

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 01:46:23 am »
well I liked chewing stuff but I never thought that was too furry but really there wasn't a lot of stuff I did that was furry before I found the fandom
Xboxlive: idk1394
PSN: turkey_bone1234

Add me if you want to

Offline Mylo

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 03:32:52 am »
Truthfully, I never did anything really furry...except for the fantasizing part.
I still don't do anything you could consider a "furry habit."
I actually always liked drawing humans before furry; now I love to draw both!! :)

Offline A_Foxice_Building

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 05:27:43 am »
well I liked chewing stuff but I never thought that was too furry but really there wasn't a lot of stuff I did that was furry before I found the fandom
That's just an example.
Before furry, I growled at people, sometimes chewed on people and occasionally phantom limbed a tail. But none of my friends ever noticed it too much  :D [see "How do I Destroy Nervousness" in Life Problems & Help (http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,39112.0.html)]
But here I am now...
The pic is NOT mine. Sorry, but I'm not THAT good.
Oh, and did you know that the word "Gullible" is written on your back. Yeah, it's also not in the dictionary. (hides grin)

Offline TashkentFox

• Weird British Vulpine
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:28 am »
I used to chew stuff that ought not to be chewed all the time but I've managed to kick the habit.

Offline Kiska Nirpaw

• GO STEELERS!
  • Female
    • FA
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 09:38:05 am »
I used to wear gloves in school as my "paws" and a scarf as a "tail". I found a book in 3rd grade called Jenny and the Cat Club (OLD, OLD book) and the main character was Jenny, and she wore a red scarf and was a black cat. So I'd wear a red scarf around my neck, a black scarf as a tail, and black gloves.

No wonder I was always odd person out in school.  :-[

Also way before that, when I was like 3 or 4, I used to pin a powder puff to the back of my pants as a bunny tail. My mom one Easter dressed me up in my purple footie pajamas and gave me bunny ears and a powder puff tail and had me walk around the nursing home where my grandma worked passing out eggs to the residents. According to my mom, I also used to go over to our neighbor's house and "talk" to her husky-mix and sit in her dog house.  :D I had a real love for bunnies too, my parents used to joke I was probably a rabbit in a previous life (I'm sure they'd be surprised to learn my fursona is a dog, and not a rabbit lol)

Oh yeah, and when I was 15 and 16, the store where my mom was a manager needed someone to wear an Easter Bunny costume and walk around the store passing out bags of jellybeans. Guess who that someone was...

Mind you, I didn't even know the fandom existed until I was like 20 or so, and didn't give it any thought until I was 22.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:42:11 am by Kiska Nirpaw »

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 11:17:22 am »
Same things I do now. Pretend I'm a cat, draw anthro animals, look at fursuits wishing I could have one that good, and so on.

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 02:38:28 pm »
Watched lots of animated animal movies and collected animal-eared hats :V

Offline Wandering_Smoke

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 07:44:54 pm »
When dad drove me to school I'd imagine I was one or other of the big cats (sometimes a wolf) running on the side of the road in the ditch jumping over the driveway parts and weaving through trees and other obstacles. I daydreamed alot and still do. I used to sneek up on people or see how long I could follow without being noticed. I always ate lunch alone and when I was in highschool I started eating lunch under a table in the corner where I wouldn't be seen, usually in an unused room. I never got bullied, that's just the way I was/am. The rest I have posted in other threads.
PSN:  RUNSATWALL

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 08:18:11 pm »
Before I had ever heard of furry and known there was a fandom for it, I always did like to watch cartoons with anthro characters in them. I also was (and still am) interested in wolves, werewolves, and/or anything else wolf related. But the biggest thing I used to do was watch all the costumed characters either on various childrens tv shows, amusement parks, etc. as that is what led me to become interested in mascotting/fursuiting and getting a fursuit.

Offline leathefurrylion

• was that a mouse!?
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 10:55:30 am »
ive always growled when im mad and i used to hide in my big german shepards dog house with him. funny since i turned out to be a lion! ooh! and i liked climbing around in dark caves since i was really little. i sleep surrounded by blankets ans pillows like im in a cave to! always have!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Pet's name: Kyra
[url=http://

Offline Scrimno

• 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • Male
    • Scrimno's FA
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 02:44:17 pm »
Many of these stories are similar to mine. I used to sleep with the dog in her house. To this day I enjoy dark enclosed spaces. I used to bark, growl, and yelp. I was much more of a lifestyler I suppose. I've always had lots of plushies and enjoyed furry media of all types. I preferred movies and books with animal characters always. When I played pretend, I always tried to be the nonhuman character. Humans were boring. If I could be whatever I wanted, I didn't want to be a boring everyday human.

Join Return of the Werewolf with me! I'm looking for more players! Go to http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,40266.0.html

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 02:48:32 am »
i just always considered myself a cat. not much to it.  (:
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 01:09:04 pm »
Disney movies mainly for me. So many Disney movies had anthropomorphic animals and I loved those. My favorite Disney movie by far is the Lion King. There was lots of other stuff too, as I loved animals then and I love them now.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 05:31:54 pm »
Disney movies mainly for me. So many Disney movies had anthropomorphic animals and I loved those. My favorite Disney movie by far is the Lion King. There was lots of other stuff too, as I loved animals then and I love them now.

I always had a big thing for Maid Marion

I wanted to be Roger Rabbit, and not just because his wife was a knock out, drop dead gorgeous babe.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 05:35:38 pm »
Shim and Mylo, you are my new best friends

Offline Foshling

• Until the end of my stomach's capacity!
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »
I used to (and still do) daydream a lot, mainly about being a yoshi (well foshling now). I would do what wandering_smoke does
When dad drove me to school I'd imagine I was one or other of the big cats (sometimes a wolf) running on the side of the road in the ditch jumping over the driveway parts and weaving through trees and other obstacles.
and whenever, when I was little, I played game with imagination with friends, I would always go a dragon if possible.
Strengths:
Very loyal
soft heart
trys to have conversations

weaknesses:
Very loyal
soft heart
trys to have conversations

Offline Minokyoko

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 03:06:31 pm »
*meow* for me it was when i started drawing manga,
which overtime *scratches behind ear*,
turned from human drawings to furry drawings and its been like that eversince.
http://minokyoko.deviantart.com

Furcode
FCF/FT/CW f 2 a A+ C- D H+ M- P R+ T++ W Z+ Sf

Hope to have my fursuit made by then.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 10:07:57 pm »
I also want to add I was one of the furs that loved anthro characters on movies and stuff X3 but I bet most of us did or do :3
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.