Author Topic: Have you ever been hated just for being a fur?  (Read 11198 times)

Offline Chimara

• If I see that cat one more time...
  • Female
Re: Have you ever been hated just for being a fur?
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 03:05:59 am »
Yeah, but haters are going to hate. Nothing you do will change that. Just keep on being yourself, because if its not the furry thing, its something else. Having a sense of humor really helps out.  :D

If this group is like other trolls I've come across (both online and irl) as long as you ignore them and don't give them anything that they can use against you, you should be fine. You should tell your friends this as well if they are going to be harassed too. Covering all you and your friends bases is always a good idea in these situations.

Offline RaggedyHatter

• I judge you based on how you type
  • Female
    • Furry art from a catram? :O
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »
Only online and never in real life; I suppose I just generally meet mostly mature people off the Internet (maybe I'm lucky?).
Signature on hiatus until it gets its act together.

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »
just another thing to be bullied about
its just life
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 04:54:52 pm »
Most people who know I'm a furry are fine with it. But since I don't feel the need to tell people and the only ones who know are those close to me, kinda makes sure that people get to know me first. So no, never been hated for that.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline RITTZ

• got a PSN? play mw2? add speed9101
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 05:40:23 pm »
i've never been personaly hated against for being a furry. i've told my friends that i am. they just ask ALOT of questions about the fandom. they ask me rumors (internet bullcrap) and things out of their own curiosity
Life is like a pineapple... i forgot the rest but dont trust potatoes :D

Offline Cchytale Murilega

• Species: Cat
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 01:44:09 am »
No I haven't; in fact I've received a lot of nice remarks because of it.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 03:29:37 pm »
I wasn't necessarily hated for being a furry but I found out one day while in conversation with a young lady that she wasn't into furries at all. Oh dear, what a pity! :(

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 01:34:42 am »
I don't think I've ever been hated, to tell the truth.  Some people may have made comments, but I can generally move the conversation into a more positive realm.  Most people approach me with more curiosity and confusion than anything else :D
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline socal Rocky

• Male
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 03:33:33 am »
I haven't been hated, but now that I think of it I've been kinda teased and put on blast about it before. Last week I was at the Anime Expo and I got a new tail that I ended up wearing non-stop during the event. One of my friends (we all went together in a big group of 8 people) kept asking if I was a furry. I felt weird and said "what's that?" in a sarcastic voice. He knew I knew what he was talking about which made it more weird. None of my other friends even cared about my tail except him. It wasn't a big deal and I didn't let it bother me so it's all good  :)

Offline Rainier

• Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 04:55:54 pm »
I've never been hated for being a furry, but for my reaction when someone found out one time.  It's never been an issue otherwise, and if it was then the person would be summarily cut out of my life.  Cold as ice, baby.

Offline Slifer

• Male
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:06 am »
I've never been hated for being a furry, but for my reaction when someone found out one time.  It's never been an issue otherwise, and if it was then the person would be summarily cut out of my life.  Cold as ice, baby.

You're not like that about everything are you?

Offline Rainier

• Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 01:45:30 pm »
You're not like that about everything are you?

Of course not.  However, I consider my time that I spend with people as a valuable investment of a valuable asset, and spending time with those who would hate me for a personal choice is akin to lighting a $100 bill on fire just 'cus I could.

Offline Axelfox

• Species: Red fox
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 01:17:45 am »
I've mostly on the internet,and when i told a mod that the person was a furry hater they didn't do anything.

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 10:38:10 pm »
Only once. When I referred to myself as a werewolf in an old Talkcity chatroom I was called a "stupid goth faggot" by someone. I wasn't aware werewolves were associated with goths. I thought that was vampires. This is the closest I ever got to being hated for furry tendencies since I usually keep to myself and don't socialize.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline wags

• Take the world
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 01:58:26 pm »
Yes that has happened to me once before, thankfully it was by just one person.
We where friends for years until I talked to him about furry. It just goes to show who your real friends are I guess, y'know? D;

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 04:38:08 pm »
We where friends for years until I talked to him about furry. It just goes to show who your real friends are I guess, y'know? D;

It's really sad when a friendship of many years can fall apart just because a conversation topic came up that had never been discussed before.  I had that happen to me recently.  It wasn't about furry, but it was still awful.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Mylo

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 08:22:25 pm »

Yeah.  It seems rather unnecessary to break up such a long friendship based on a small detail like furry.  :P

Offline wags

• Take the world
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 07:09:26 pm »
It's really sad when a friendship of many years can fall apart just because a conversation topic came up that had never been discussed before.  I had that happen to me recently.  It wasn't about furry, but it was still awful.
I'm so sorry, those are so painful. *Shoulder pat* =(
I can shake off most things quite easily, but losing a friend is another story. Good luck with the situation! D:

Yeah.  It seems rather unnecessary to break up such a long friendship based on a small detail like furry.  :P
Well on top of that, he was getting into drugs. Hard drugs.. That may have contributed to the personality change. =/ It was probably better that I brought up furry at that time anyways, I've been told that he's gotten worse.

Offline dragonfire

• Narhethi The Dragon
  • Male
how to respond tp furry haters without ranting.
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »
Ok, I've already seen furry haters, but luckily I know how to handle situations like this. You need to know what to say so you don't make yourself look dumb. If you rant then you draw attention to yourself and it will make them hate you more. If you don't respond then it makes it look like you can't disprove their statement. I've already had 2 people tell me how much they hate me because I am a furry. I gave them each a different response
 and they both were speechless. This is what I said.

"You hate furries, you go to me and tell me you hate me because im a furry, you feel the need to tell everyone you hate furries, yet you call me weird"

"You hate me for being a furry. Furries like anthromorphic animals. Should we hate you for liking stuff."

It worked on both of them, by the way, feel free to use those if you run into a furry hater. How do you guys respond usually?
Knowledge source for all dragons.

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
Re: how to respond tp furry haters without ranting.
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »
Me, I usually just laugh my tail off, 'cause their accusations and whatnot are just that; laughable. You can't let stuff like that slow you down, you can't dwell on chicken stuff like that, if you know what I mean by chicken. There will always be people who get sand in their pants about trivial crap that doesn't affect them.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
Ok, I've already seen furry haters, but luckily I know how to handle situations like this. You need to know what to say so you don't make yourself look dumb. If you rant then you draw attention to yourself and it will make them hate you more. If you don't respond then it makes it look like you can't disprove their statement. I've already had 2 people tell me how much they hate me because I am a furry. I gave them each a different response

"You hate furries, you go to me and tell me you hate me because im a furry, you feel the need to tell everyone you hate furries, yet you call me weird"

"You hate me for being a furry. Furries like anthromorphic animals. Should we hate you for liking stuff."

It worked on both of them, by the way, feel free to use those if you run into a furry hater. How do you guys respond usually?

Dragonfire:  I've merged your topic (how to respond tp furry haters without ranting.) with another thread in this forum that is titled "Have you ever been hated just for being a fur" as this thread can still be continued for discussion of "furry hate".

Offline dragonfire

• Narhethi The Dragon
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 10:17:00 pm »

Dragonfire:  I've merged your topic (how to respond tp furry haters without ranting.) with another thread in this forum that is titled "Have you ever been hated just for being a fur" as this thread can still be continued for discussion of "furry hate".

Ok, that's fine
Knowledge source for all dragons.

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 03:43:30 am »
How do you guys respond usually?

I'm trying to think of a situation where there would actually be a reason to respond... and why I wouldn't just insult them back, if I had nothing better to do than talk to them.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

Ok, that's fine

Really?  'Cause those seem like different topics to me.  One is for anecdotes; the other is for advice.  I mean, sure, they're related.  But, then, so's everything else in the universe.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that  :( And in my area, people either don't know/care what a furry is or they're neutral furries. So I haven't experienced that before

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)