Author Topic: All about them fursuits!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
All about them fursuits!
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:53:56 pm »
What's everyone's feelings on fursuits? :D
Love 'em? Hate 'em? Want one? Don't want one? Why?

If you don't have one, but want one, what do you imagine yourself doing in suit? What makes you want one? What style would you want? Full or partial? "Follow-me" eyes or more flat? Digitgrade-looking legs, or regular human-ish legs? :)

And those of us lucky enough to own one, why did you get one? What does the suit mean to you? What's your most memorable moment in-suit? :D
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
Re: All about them fursuits!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:04:22 pm »
Personally, I love fursuits. It's what keeps me most motivated to go to fur meets and cons. :D

I got my first suit a year into "joining" the furry fandom. Made it with the help of some experienced friends and am looking to remake it some more soon. I remade the head recently with decent results. :) http://forums.furtopia.org/fursuits-and-plushies/fursuit-reborn!/

I really wanted one for two big reasons: because being a wolf means so much to me and I love costumes/costuming. Being covered in fur feels so warm and welcoming!

My most memorable moment: Being in the 2009 AC (Anthrocon) fursuit parade. That's been the absolute highlight of my furry career! Just being welcomed to such VIP-feeling areas like the headless lounge and lining up for the parade felt amazing as a depressed, isolated kid back then. :P

Ever since I got my dog, I haven't been able to go to a con, but now that I'm getting back into the lifestyle I'm looking to suit more often! I was also really embarrassed by my fursuit because I thought it looked ugly. Red was not a good color choice and the head had some big flaws. Like the eyebrows were too big so I constantly looked angry or sad, and the mouth-piece pressed into my mouth, so it was painful to wear and I constantly drooled all the time. :( :P

I've already completely remade the head (one of the hardest parts in terms of technique) and I'm very happy with the results! I'm (money allowing) making a new body suit that's mostly black with grey and white in a natural color style to match my new black head. Then I can be even more confident in-suit at these meetups. :D
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 08:17:30 pm »
I'm very meh about fursuits. I'm incredibly picky about what I think looks good. I only really like incredibly realistic ones.

As for if I want to get one or what kind I'd go for, the idea is totally alien to me. I'm well aware I will probably never have the kind of disposable income to be able to blow it on a suit without neglecting something more important. And if I do, I would almost never wear it, so what would be the point?

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »
I enjoy them. Seeing someone in fursuit is way better than watching vids on youtube. I'm hoping to make a partial with a moving jaw. Would love to be able to bring a talking fursona to life. Combine that with singing and playing a guitar would make for a lot of fun at cons.

It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 12:31:57 am »
Love them, I owned a partial(outgrew it recently, sister made it for me),luckily my sister is a natural when it comes to making fursuits.
I would love to get a full suit of Amducious (more sane and civilized version) in the future and a quad-suit of him, I would get a realistic look of both the full suit and the quad-suit(love realistic suits). I would most likely wear it to other cons and other evens like Comicon, E3, PAX East and of course Fur cons. So yes I love them my sister has made a couple and they turned out really nice.
(Also my sister is finishing her last year in the nursing program at Grand Canyon University, she's turning 22 next April :))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:46:29 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 02:22:52 am »
Wow! Time for nursing school and making a fursuit! You're a lucky sergal! :D
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 04:54:00 am »
I know! She's great at getting things done, even though she has lot's of homework. She'll be only be doing a couple more clinicals then she'll be taking a lot more tests. Then it's graduation time for her (graduating next April), so happy to have a sister like her  (we like to talk a lot about furry related things together, and watch animated movies. So that's fun too )!!! :) :) :) She's visiting in a couple weeks for the 4th of July :).
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:39 am »
its highly likely that i will own a fursuit in the future, tho that's when i move out of my dad's house.

i am extremely shy when people are able to see me, but i have noticed that when ever i have a mask on im always more talkative, and likely to do some fun/crazy things. in other words when i have a mask im more social. once i am able to go to any convention, i would only go if i had a fursuit, due to it being mostly a social gathering.

also the fact that i can actually somewhat look like how i want to look like, makes me want a suit even more.

as for what my suit would look like, i'd try to get semi realistic, eyes that only look like they are looking at you if you face them, and normal human legs. i will most likely have a full suit, and wear some cloths over the suit. if its not a fur convention, or if the convention has a style i will follow it. so pretty much wearing a costume over a costume.