general furry discussion > convention talk

Anthrocon 2020 and 2021 is canceled!

(1/3) > >>

Kobuk:
From the main Anthrocon website:
https://www.anthrocon.org/

--- Quote --- An important, sad, announcement

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, for which there is no timely end in sight, we have been forced to make the sad decision to cancel Anthrocon 2020. We had hoped to avoid it, but it has become clear that we will not be able to provide a convention experience that is both safe and enjoyable for our attendees.     

We are offering several choices to our attendees who have already paid for memberships. Kindly click the button below this to let us know what you prefer.

Please do not contact the hotels. All Anthrocon hotel reservations will be canceled automatically by the VisitPittsburgh Housing Office. Some hotels have already begun to issue refunds; we are still working with others to obtain a firm commitment for a date by which refunds will be completed.  Remember, the hotels are operating with skeleton crews and in some cases, only one person is available to issue hundreds of refunds, one at a time.

- Anthrocon Staff
--- End quote ---

Mister Initial Man:
I think 2020 will be the year of LostCon.  Anthrocon, Fur-Eh--I wouldn't be surprised if CanFurence gets cancelled.

Kobuk:

--- Quote from: Mister Initial Man on May 19, 2020, 08:22:29 am ---I think 2020 will be the year of LostCon.  Anthrocon, Fur-Eh--I wouldn't be surprised if CanFurence gets cancelled.

--- End quote ---

Any con you can think of will probably get canceled. :( I don't think any cons will be back to normal until next year, if at all possible.

Varg the wanderer:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on May 19, 2020, 03:05:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mister Initial Man on May 19, 2020, 08:22:29 am ---I think 2020 will be the year of LostCon.  Anthrocon, Fur-Eh--I wouldn't be surprised if CanFurence gets cancelled.

--- End quote ---

Any con you can think of will probably get canceled. :( I don't think any cons will be back to normal until next year, if at all possible.

--- End quote ---

I'm willing to bet MFF still goes through.

Jade Sinapu:
I just read a lengthy legal-like document from Eventbrite aka Corgi Events LLC,  that DenFur 2020 is still most likely happening, albeit with improved heath measures.  Yeah right. 
They are apparently legally bound to do the furcon, and apparently this may be true for most cons.  If the con is canceled,  they pay out of their pockets all the costs to hotels and other groups such as city and state governments.

I will bet DenFur happens.  I'm not sure it should.  I got bad con crud there last year. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version