Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by cause the rat on Today at 05:46:51 pm »
Kobuk I agree with Jade. In the end who care what others think. Post what you need and ignore the rest.

My bad news is I've chickened out on eating at local restaurants. I'm allergic to pork. So it's a game of Russian Roulette every time I eat out. Way to much cross contamination.

My other bad news is I'll have to redesign the shelves I'm building in the basement. The wall the previous owners put up has no studs in it. Just as sheet or rockwall. I'll have to make free standing selves.
Okay...
I read more about this today and it does seem to focus more on "story telling" rather than evidence, and reason etc.
For that reason alone, I am out.

I have seen effects of electrons at college in a STM  (fancy microscope).  Those are not stories, they are what we can prove around the world, over and over, regardless of race, orientation, or any other demographic.  Aka, the truths in life need to be listened to , not covered up by stories.  If we all were taught electrons were little sprites who needed food etc, where would we be?  Well we wouldn't be reading this forum because nothing electronic/electrical would exist.

Nothing good comes from ignoring truth. So I would suggest CRT be shelved and we focus on other ways to help each other.
I seriously want to get away from work, and head into the mountains.  I also want away from people and their stupidity.  If I can I will head to the moon, fewer people there.
Need to get the dog some quality time.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on Today at 10:54:01 am »
Hi Kobuk.  That is a form of social engineering.  Making people feel bad/good based on possibly flippant reasons.  I do not like how our society wants people to "criticize each other" over everything.  I make things at home that are no doubt not how most people would make them, and my coding style is also not 100% like what others would like.  But in the end, it works.  So to heck with people's comments.  Anyone read "Wild Swans" regarding a woman's escape from communist China?  The term "self criticism" pops into mind.  Reminds me of how our social media platforms operate.  If you do not get up votes, you are nobody, and are not worth hearing from.  But this is not true. 

My bad news is my work is going back on their allowing me to take time off for my local furry-con.  SO I AM MAD!  >:(
general furry discussion / Funday Pawpet Show Is Back
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on June 13, 2021, 04:55:20 pm »
For the past few months, FPS is back in it's old time slot on Twitch. The program runs four hours, 6 to 10 PM EST. The pawpets banter with the guests in the Shout Box and in VR Chat Room--check out the avatars there. Submit questions for the games and requests for the guest on FPS Subservient. Expect some coarse language. They do have a swear jar, I've been told.
Would've gone fishing had gas prices not jumped. Cheaper to just buy fish at the store. Working on projects at home instead.
« Last post by Kobuk on June 12, 2021, 10:34:39 pm »
Flickr and Photobucket both changed their prices and their account options a few years ago which made them both very "unattractive" for image hosting.  >:( Since then, I've only been posting my images on Facebook to share with people and groups because there's no fees and such there.
But I still need a place to host images to share with regular website forums. That's where Imgur comes in. I started an account 3 years ago, but never fully used it till yesterday. At least there's no fees there, no image capacity limit in an account. Though they do have a limit of 50 images uploaded per hour.........or is it per day?
If there's one thing that might get on my nerves about Imgur, it's that the site allows you to "vote" so to speak on a post or image by giving "points". If you like an image, post, or comment, you can vote UP or if you don't like something, you can vote Down. The more points you get, the higher your ranking and the more badges and whatever you get. Not really sure I like that system. But where else am I supposed to go for image hosting? As I said, Flickr and Photobucket have gotten crazy with their different account options and the fees you have to pay.
I've posted a few things on Imgur already. I thought some of my stuff people would like. But I guess not. Some people are really harsh with their comments..........and giving or not giving points.  :'(
general non-furry discussion / Re: Critical Race Theory: Support it or not?
« Last post by cause the rat on June 12, 2021, 07:05:40 pm »
Absolutely NOT. It's got a hand full of truths and a hole bunch of unrealistic ideas. It's like the politally correct "African American". This statement wasn't meant to disuse the word 'black'. It is used to separate people from being viewed as fully American.
general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on June 12, 2021, 06:21:58 pm »
trying to exercise the dog and myself, but my legs are hurting so bad I can't.  And I do not know why they hurt. 
word games / Re: The last thing you bought.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on June 12, 2021, 06:21:13 pm »
Large jug of allergy eye drops
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10