Author Topic: Blastdav  (Read 130846 times)

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
Re: Blastdav
« Reply #1500 on: March 29, 2010, 10:10:31 pm »
*Gives out glasses of cranberry juice and clears his throat* Well, first off, for this achievement of age, I'd like to thank my family and friends *Sniff* and every one else who helped me get here ; _ ;
Without all you guys...  I...  I... I'd never have lived to this age...  This is why *Raises his glass of cranberry juice* you guys all rock more than I.... For I am the culmination of every one's efforts of awesome.  And I must say...  *Sniff* You guys are ace *Drinks his juice and gestures for every one else to do the same then dries the tears from his eyes*

*Whispers to Arbutus* How was that?  Good enough for them to be so emotionally moved that they'll not think about what I may have put in the drink? >.>
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #1501 on: March 29, 2010, 10:54:34 pm »
*Gives out glasses of cranberry juice and clears his throat* Well, first off, for this achievement of age, I'd like to thank my family and friends *Sniff* and every one else who helped me get here ; _ ;
Without all you guys...  I...  I... I'd never have lived to this age...  This is why *Raises his glass of cranberry juice* you guys all rock more than I.... For I am the culmination of every one's efforts of awesome.  And I must say...  *Sniff* You guys are ace *Drinks his juice and gestures for every one else to do the same then dries the tears from his eyes*

*Whispers to Arbutus* How was that?  Good enough for them to be so emotionally moved that they'll not think about what I may have put in the drink? >.>

*whispers back*

Well done, old boy, well done! They'll never suspect. Although I couldn't help but notice that you have made an error in drinking the juice yourself. ^_^

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1502 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:45 pm »
Don't worry, I've had the antidote so it's all good ^_^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #1503 on: March 30, 2010, 02:48:20 pm »
You two realise the mic is still on? o.o

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1504 on: March 30, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »
Um um um.  I don't know what you're talking about <_<
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1505 on: March 30, 2010, 08:33:02 pm »
Good thing I was drinking ginger ale. ;) *burps*

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #1506 on: March 30, 2010, 09:46:52 pm »
What happened to your mountain dew?
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #1507 on: March 31, 2010, 03:11:00 am »
What happened to your mountain dew?

That'd be too easy for blast then, wouldn't it?

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #1508 on: September 09, 2010, 12:56:59 am »
Poke.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:16:05 am by Shim »

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1509 on: September 09, 2010, 10:44:15 am »
Ow D=
*Flails* x.x

I'll take this as an opportunity to give people an update on what's going on with me <_<

For about 6 months now I've had a temporary contract working with my local college in the quality department making sure all the tutors are doing their jobs properly Which means they all fear me! =D
>.>

But yus, I'm leaving this job tomorrow (Friday 10th) because I've finally decided on a course that I want to do at university.
This being Special Effects Developement.  This includes pyrotechnics, animatronics, computer based effects, etc.
Although I really enjoy working on the computer, some times it can get rather boring...  So I wanted to pick a course that wouldn't just be something that I'm good at, but also something that I won't get bored of after a while.  So this is what I've found after 3 years of looking whilst I've been working ^^;;
I'm really excited though, not only for the course, but also because I'm finally getting out of this house and off on my own, meeting new people (Not that I don't love you guys <_< ).
The other good thing about where I'm going is that there's a local furmeet really -really- close which I have been to in the past and enjoyed ^_^  So that'll be good. ^^

On another note, if any one didn't already know, I've had a fursuit now for about 2 years I think it is o.o (Gosh, it doesn't feel that long some times, but it also feels like forever other times ^^;; ) I'm now waiting for my second one from Mixed Candy.  My first suit (Art) cost around $1,000 and this new one cost me $2800 <_<  Rather pricey yus but I enjoy suiting far too much to put a price on it, so I'm perfectly ok with paying out this much ^^;;
If any one is interested in seeing the concept artwork for the new suit, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly share.  I don't really want to post it up here yet until it's finished, but yea, I'll link you up if you're interested in seeing. ^^

Erm, I think that's basically everything worth mentioning that's happening with me at the moment.  Any questions (for those of you who made it this far)? ^_^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #1510 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:08 am »
Thats a nice path to walk down Blastie. For one year, I was employed by an English speaking Theatre Troupe in Germany as a Theatre Aide and Technical Director. It was my job to do all the SFX stuff during a production. Forgot the name of the production now, it's been years, but there was a show we did about a 'haunting' of an deceased spouse not allowing the living guy to have a new relationship. The entire second act was all SFX work with flying books off of shelves, exploding vases, rattling china cabinets, and stuff like that. I really got a chance to cut loose and do all sorts of gags. But the exploding vase was my favorite.

You're right, it will not be a boring time for you, except for the 2 weeks or so during the production itself. Thats when the tech team sits back and lets the production team take over. I couldn't tell you the number of times myself of my crew were very busy painting or doing last minute stuff, hours or minutes before the house is opened for the audience to start filling in. But every opening, I always sat on pins and needles until the curtain rose and the show started. Because what-ever we did or didn't do, it was out of our control after that point. When the curtain came down that first night, that is when the adult beverages came out for my team if we didn't have any major catastrophes during the show.

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1511 on: October 19, 2010, 11:24:44 pm »
Oh hey, alot of you have probably noticed that I've not been doing a whole lot of posting recently... But never fear, if any of you guys want to keep up with how I'm doing at university and all of the fun stuff that is going on in my life, I have a blog that you guys are all totally welcome to read which can be found here ^_^
Blastdav's Blog

I'm updating that reasonably often so yar, check it out ^_^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #1512 on: October 19, 2010, 11:29:37 pm »
Hey! So that's where you've been hanging out! ^_^ *subscribes to your blog*

You should read mine too. <_<

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1513 on: October 19, 2010, 11:32:25 pm »
@ Blastdav: What about your Livejournal?

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1514 on: October 20, 2010, 12:24:16 am »
I like posterous better to be honest.  I can post to it from my phone via email o.o
It's so much more simple to use than Livejournal.  I want simple.  Livejournal just got too many things on it that I really couldn't be bothered with.  I just...  Like posterous I guess o.o
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Onyx Storm

• Umm... Woof!
  • Male
« Reply #1515 on: October 20, 2010, 12:33:22 am »
speaking of pyrotechnics and such what kinda job you lookin at? I have a friend here that makes fireworks displays it great. he plans them on a program, then he makes the ones that get approved by the client,then sets up and shoots 'em (it takes more than that but those are the basics)
I wonder why that frisbee is getting bigger...    and then it hits me.

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1516 on: October 20, 2010, 12:43:00 am »
Hmm...  Jobs...  Well at the moment I have totally no idea whether I'm wanting to do physical effects or computer generated effects.  Hopefully further on in the year I'll work out which it is that I want to do.  After that I'm sure I'll have a better idea of what I want to do.  If not...  Well I'll have the qualifications and the world out there for me to advertise to ^_^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Onyx Storm

• Umm... Woof!
  • Male
« Reply #1517 on: October 20, 2010, 12:45:28 am »
Qualifications are nice...    "looks around and shreds a paper with crayon all over it"

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1518 on: October 20, 2010, 12:50:40 am »
My qualifications D=
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Onyx Storm

• Umm... Woof!
  • Male
« Reply #1519 on: October 20, 2010, 12:54:06 am »
"rips up more papers oh wait those were mine....                   OH WELL! BONFIRE!"

in other words back to the conversation hope you a good time with "school" see ya!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:04:27 am by Onyx Storm »

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #1520 on: October 20, 2010, 02:33:12 am »
Being all hidey at Uni D=

Syi spied you on the IRC this morning!!! Tricking people and what not >_>
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1521 on: October 20, 2010, 11:39:38 am »
Syi is lying to yous o.o
>.>
He's only doing it so that you'll give him limes!
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #1522 on: October 21, 2010, 05:46:30 pm »
Heya Mr dragon, long time no see!
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Blastdav

• Arf! o.o
  • Male
« Reply #1523 on: October 21, 2010, 07:53:44 pm »
Fo sho yo o.o
This is one busy dragon at the moment.  But it's all good fun none the less ^_^
Ararar! ^_^
Blastdav on FA

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #1524 on: October 22, 2010, 03:59:31 pm »
Well that's awesome :3 I remember a long time ago when we used to hold regular conversation. I miss those days
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.