Author Topic: The Collar Thread  (Read 117069 times)

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Collar Thread
« Reply #625 on: December 11, 2014, 08:14:44 pm »
I got some new Collars :D they glow :3
That sounds awesome i wish i had one that glows :)

amazon sells glow collars :3
I got mine at an anime convention it has EL tape running through the middle of it, it's powered by a little CMOS battery.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Fenrir275

• Species: Greywolf
  • You mess with the wolf you get the fangs
  • Male
« Reply #626 on: February 06, 2015, 07:07:30 pm »
I got a new collar yesterday and i love it  :)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #627 on: June 27, 2015, 07:01:42 pm »
I have a new collar! It's one year old now but it's orange and black with a pumpkin bell on it. And it lights up! I wore it on Halloween with my fire fox hoodie.

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #628 on: July 04, 2015, 01:10:12 pm »
I got some a really nice hand made leather collar not to long ago :3 I'll have to post a picture some time
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Cheza

• Species: Woof
« Reply #629 on: July 04, 2015, 06:33:16 pm »

^Currently wearing this one. I tend to wear this the most since it's comfy, plain and goes well with most of my clothes xP

A bunch of other collars I own:

Spoiler: collars • show

^Way too big xP

^My favorite<3

^Not a collar but a shiny new collar-tag

^Also one of my favorites<3

Not shown in the pics is a green LED-collar ^^' I love collecting these things xD

Offline FoxyWolf

• Species: Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #630 on: August 20, 2015, 02:06:09 pm »
I just bought a new collar: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615TIki0rCL._SL1500_.jpg

$16 off of Amazon and it glooooows ^.^ I am going to an EDM night at the local club and going to wear it out for the first time. First collar I have bought/worn in a while. It will be a good way to ease my way back into wearing one (used to wear one constantly for 3-4 years)

Offline ENOJI1

• Species: Aakor (wolf with wings)
  • NO GUTS, NO GLORY
  • Male
« Reply #631 on: October 07, 2015, 11:36:52 am »
I just bought a new collar: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615TIki0rCL._SL1500_.jpg

$16 off of Amazon and it glooooows ^.^ I am going to an EDM night at the local club and going to wear it out for the first time. First collar I have bought/worn in a while. It will be a good way to ease my way back into wearing one (used to wear one constantly for 3-4 years)

:o x_x OMG That looks so cool! i want to get one so badly, and even a fursuit x3

Offline JaieyEcco

• Species: Bat/Wolf
  • Usually unusual
  • Male
« Reply #632 on: November 18, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

Whoa, that looks really awesome! Do you have the Amazon link for it? I might consider getting one.
I have a spiked collar that I got for about $10 at PetCo, and it's been treating me well, but I want one with a clip to hold my badges on. :)

Offline Kevin Foxboy 47

• Male
« Reply #633 on: December 09, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »
Hi there, I've been wearing a Harz Mountain dog collar (1/2" wide, brown, 18" long) intermittently for about ten years now. I've worn it with a hooded jacket to the grocery and public library with the buckle in back, and nobody's bothered me. I don't wear it at home cause my family don't accept my 'furry' side.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Keayrin

• Species: is hooski
  • a challice filled with purple wuskycoffee
  • Male
« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2015, 05:58:15 pm »
I used to wear a collar that looked something like this.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/053/0/6731659/il_570xN.762152256_iqtx.jpg

id tell you how I got it, but ah... this is a p-g forum, no?
got bass? drop it.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2015, 06:03:58 pm »
I used to wear a collar that looked something like this.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/053/0/6731659/il_570xN.762152256_iqtx.jpg

id tell you how I got it, but ah... this is a p-g forum, no?

Yeah, it's a PG forum. If you did anything "bad" to obtain the collar, then it's best you not tell. We don't want to know.

Offline Keayrin

• Male
« Reply #636 on: December 31, 2015, 06:23:19 pm »
oh, I didn't do anything 'bad' to get the collar. it was the person that gave it to me that was 'bad'.
got bass? drop it.

Offline Keayrin

• Male
« Reply #637 on: December 31, 2015, 06:54:11 pm »
I will however tell you how I lost it.

i refused to take it off at school, and at lunch, i felt a little tug on my collar, and i thought master was playing with me. then i felt something long, thin, and cold against my neck. it could only have been one thing, but my brain couldn't register what was happening fast enough, and the scissors went *snip* and i wanted to kill the idiot principle, i wanted to destroy the guy, to break him into as many small pieces as physically possible, but master held me back whispering calming words and cute things alternately in my ear. I still wanna kill that stupid principle.
got bass? drop it.

Offline phinox

• Species: Red Dragon (Venia)
  • Male
« Reply #638 on: January 02, 2016, 11:00:14 am »

i refused to take it off at school, and at lunch, i felt a little tug on my collar, and i thought master was playing with me. then i felt something long, thin, and cold against my neck. it could only have been one thing, but my brain couldn't register what was happening fast enough, and the scissors went *snip* and i wanted to kill the idiot principle, i wanted to destroy the guy, to break him into as many small pieces as physically possible, but master held me back whispering calming words and cute things alternately in my ear. I still wanna kill that stupid principle.
Should've taken it off then  ;) but I think he did take it too far.
Cyfarchion o Gymru - Greeting from Wales!

Picture of 'sona by Pix

Offline Alden the Fox

• Species: White Fox
  • Feldwebel
  • Male
« Reply #639 on: February 18, 2016, 03:32:56 am »

My god, that pisses me off :P I think I would've punched the guy. Jeez, now I want to.
A gay fox who also reenacts WWII Germany. :P

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #640 on: February 19, 2016, 12:05:27 pm »
Press charges. He did come at you with a weapon, after all.

Or snip the end of his tie off XD
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #641 on: February 19, 2016, 04:32:27 pm »
Press charges. He did come at you with a weapon, after all.

Or snip the end of his tie off XD

It's only a weapon, Varg, if the Principle had used the scissors to inflict bodily harm. But he didn't. Only the collar was cut off. Therefore, I don't think a charge would stick.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #642 on: February 21, 2016, 07:18:21 pm »

People like you scare me.

While i can firmly state that i DO NOT agree with what the principal did, (according to your account of the situation, at least) killing people isn't cool.  You should never WANT to end another man's life because that's wrong out of principle.  Check your tongue next time you get angry at someone who has done nothing to deserve DEATH.

~End Rant

Offline Alden the Fox

• Feldwebel
  • Male
« Reply #643 on: February 23, 2016, 01:47:23 am »
EHEM, on a happier note (I guess) I just wore my paracord one (that I made out of OD paracord and a grenade pin loop) to school today, and got mixed... well, either negative or NO responses (More positive than when I wore my tail. At least, less people making comments). Except my PE teacher. She thought it was the coolest thing ever. My father thinks it's dangerous and like wearing a noose. Apparently. I'll definitely wear this more often, like every day. It's not the cutest thing, but it's better than nothing. XD Maybe I'll make one with brighter colors. Any recommendations? I'm thinking maybe blue and yellow, or dark and light blue.

^this thing

Also. If someone tries to cut this off my neck, I will cut off their tie.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #644 on: February 23, 2016, 02:08:08 am »
Stylish AND practical.  I can get behind that line of thinking.  ;)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #645 on: February 23, 2016, 01:06:55 pm »
Also. If someone tries to cut this off my neck, I will cut off their tie.

How's about both you and Aanu both "cool your jets" so to speak.  >:(

I get the fact that some furries like to buy and wear collars. Fine. But I don't see the need to go getting all upset if the collar is cut off, forcibly removed, or something else. There's nothing that says a furry has to wear their collar 24/7/365. If the collar was cut off by the Principle, then I'm guessing it was because the school had a dress code or other code of conduct where wearing collars wasn't allowed. Or maybe the Principal/Teachers had given out enough warnings about taking the collar off and the warnings were ignored, so........*snip*. Either way, the school does have the right to enforce certain rules and conduct, etc.  Was it right? I don't know as I don't live in the city/state where this happened and am not familiar with the school itself and their policies and/or the School Board. And taking any sort of retaliation against authoritative figures will only just backfire and get you into more trouble. It's not worth it.
If people want to wear a collar, then fine. But there's plenty of other times to wear it. Wear it after school, or at home, or when out with friends at a park, concert or someplace else.

I understand why people choose to wear tails and collars. The main reason: Pride. Furries want to show their pride for being a furry. But showing too much pride or in the wrong way can backfire.

Offline Alden the Fox

• Feldwebel
  • Male
« Reply #646 on: February 23, 2016, 08:42:51 pm »
I wear it because I think it looks cute. And a dress code doesn't give anyone the right to destroy one's property. That's just wrong, and that story pisses me off every time I read it. Honestly puts me in a bad mood. There are other ways to enforce a dress code. Like detentions. That principal was definitely in the wrong, I don't care what the dress code is. I hate his guts and I haven't even met the guy.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #647 on: February 23, 2016, 09:10:22 pm »
I wear it because I think it looks cute. And a dress code doesn't give anyone the right to destroy one's property.

You're probably right. It doesn't. But what's done is done. It's all in the past now. Could there have been a better way to "restrict" wearing a collar at school? Maybe. But as I said, I don't know what the school policies and such are where Aanu lives.

That's just wrong, and that story pisses me off every time I read it. Honestly puts me in a bad mood. There are other ways to enforce a dress code. Like detentions. That principal was definitely in the wrong, I don't care what the dress code is. I hate his guts and I haven't even met the guy.

Yes, the Principal probably was wrong to do what he did. Perhaps a better way would have simply been to "confiscate" the collar for a period of time, then return it to the student at the end of the day after school is done or at a different time point. But this whole situation is not for you or anybody else to worry about. Only Aanu and/or his parents and/or the school faculty can resolve this issue.

Hate to say it, but if any school were to say NO COLLARS!, then that is their rule. Period.

Offline Alden the Fox

• Feldwebel
  • Male
« Reply #648 on: February 25, 2016, 12:09:29 am »
Well the thing is, you're just assuming that it's a dress code thing. We'll never know this for sure I guess. I still stand by my opinion. And just so I'm still on topic, here's another pic of mine.

A quote from Jaden Smith, the most intelligent person on this planet.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #649 on: February 25, 2016, 11:02:37 am »
Well the thing is, you're just assuming that it's a dress code thing.

No. Re-read my post # 645 again. I said I was "guessing".  Not assuming.