Author Topic: Monthly Poetry Contest Rules...  (Read 2622 times)

Offline silverfox

• I swear I will remember everything!
  • Male
    • SilverFox's Den
Monthly Poetry Contest Rules...
« on: January 16, 2009, 02:00:28 pm »
This last nomination period has raised a few questions about why the rules are so sketchy...

1.  Nominating period runs till the end of the of the current month.

A. Poems must be written by active members of Furtopia. Members who have not posted within the past 12 months are not considered active.
   B. Poems must be appropriate to have been posted on Furtopia.
Alright, this one makes sense, gotta keep it family friendly and limited to active participants.

2. You can nominate your own if you like.
Great idea, else many things would go unnominated.  ;)

3. Only one nomination per member.
Obviously to keep things civil...

4. If more than one is nominated by a member, only the last one will be considered valid.
...and to keep it limited to one nomination per member

5. Please include a link to your nomination.
We gotta be able to read it :3

Now, this is where things get confusing...

You can't nominate the same thing twice, and it must have been posted in the month of the nomination period.
*re-reads the rules* Didn't see that one in there... and I've nominated and had poems posted in previous months be accepted... I guess it's only fair to judge fresh poems though.

I am submitting a revised list of rules that will hopefully be slightly clearer.
  • 1. Poems must be written by active members of Furtopia (i.e. have posted in the last 12 months), contain no inappropriate content, and have been posted in the same month as the contest.
  • 2. Each member may nominate one poem per month.  If a member submits additional nominations, only the most recent will be considered valid.
  • 3. You may nominate your own poems.  Nominations must be unique (i.e. no duplicate entries).
  • 4. In order for a nomination to be valid, it must contain a link to the poem.

Signature by Drasune (the actual drawing)
morg: whats for lunch today?
SilverFox: Pasta Roni :)
morg: XD
morg: that can be your new nickname... silverdapastaronifox
Obligatory furry code

Offline Epsy

Re: Monthly Poetry Contest Rules...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 07:51:48 am »
Now, this is where things get confusing...

You can't nominate the same thing twice, and it must have been posted in the month of the nomination period.
*re-reads the rules* Didn't see that one in there... and I've nominated and had poems posted in previous months be accepted... I guess it's only fair to judge fresh poems though.

I am submitting a revised list of rules that will hopefully be slightly clearer.
  • 1. Poems must be written by active members of Furtopia (i.e. have posted in the last 12 months), contain no inappropriate content, and have been posted in the same month as the contest.
  • 2. Each member may nominate one poem per month.  If a member submits additional nominations, only the most recent will be considered valid.
  • 3. You may nominate your own poems.  Nominations must be unique (i.e. no duplicate entries).
  • 4. In order for a nomination to be valid, it must contain a link to the poem.

We aren't that strict on the "poem must be nominated in that month", we mainly go on an honor system assuming that every poem was posted in that month.

Your revised rules are being taken into consideration and will be decided upon by us judges.
Avatar credit goes to Sheeta, thanks!
http://www.textswell.com/read,4206682163599 = Epsy fursona description

Offline Epsy

Re: Monthly Poetry Contest Rules...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:14:21 pm »
Me and the other Judges have decided to use these rules.
Avatar credit goes to Sheeta, thanks!
http://www.textswell.com/read,4206682163599 = Epsy fursona description