Author Topic: User Card's  (Read 4582 times)

WhiteLion

User Card's
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:15:26 pm »
Hey again :)

I'm just wondering if its at all possible if you could script something.

The suggestion is that user's recieve "picture cards" in return for doing something on the forums.
These cards are furry related, and are given when a particular thing happenes that the user is achieved.

For example.

"Wise Owl , 5th anniversary Card"
"Description: Awarded when the user has been a member on the forums for 5 years"
Image:

These type of card's could be scripted to be awarded automatically when something is fufiffled.
It give's user's a mini goal, and makes being a member on furtopia a bit more funner and unique, also giving the user a trophy

Better yet when "Judge's"
Declare who is winner, they have the option to send that user a card, to vertify the user as a competition winner, and to let the winner have a souvanier ("Sue-vah-near" - I can't spell) for actually winning.

I would love if this is scripted, and it could be a great addition to the great Furtopia community.
Thanks for reading.

Offline Motor Mouth

• Your girlfriend's favorite cuddle buddy.
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity Page
Re: User Card's
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:26:12 pm »
Thats a cool idea Lion :), it reminds me of Xbox 360's Achievements or PlayStation 3's Trophies, would definetly spice up profiles a bit.
New fursona, new account, new hotness ----->http://www.furaffinity.net/user/TDK/

Offline Hyger

• The Idealist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »
That's cool, but postcount goals may cause people to post a lot of no (or low) content posts.

WhiteLion

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:45:25 pm »
That's cool, but postcount goals may cause people to post a lot of no (or low) content posts.
Postcount goals?

I don't think these should be made.
I just wanna add a cool new feature, where people recieve cards to keep as trophy's for being loyal to fandom, winning competitions, being a member for 5 years etc.

Just make things a lil more intresting.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:18:55 pm »
It's a nice idea, WhiteLion. But I'm not sure when or "IF" something like that would get implemented here at Furtopia. Right now, WS is pretty busy as it is with making sure the new servers are working correctly and upgrading Furtopia. I'll pass along your suggestion to the other staff, but you may not hear anything back till late next week after some staff get back from AC and we've had a chance to discuss this suggestion.

WhiteLion

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 05:25:40 pm »
It's a nice idea, WhiteLion. But I'm not sure when or "IF" something like that would get implemented here at Furtopia. Right now, WS is pretty busy as it is with making sure the new servers are working correctly and upgrading Furtopia. I'll pass along your suggestion to the other staff, but you may not hear anything back till late next week after some staff get back from AC and we've had a chance to discuss this suggestion.
I understand.
I'm at no rush with the idea.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:43:45 pm »
Why not do it yourself? I hand out Pringles and kit kats to new members as a greeting and when someone does something really cool that I witness I pass out a kit kat to them, or if it's really cool a couple of 5th Avenue bars.

If you can draw or use any kind of picture software like photoshop, you can make your own cards, host them on photobucket or anther such site (I use imageshack) and then when someone does something worthy of a card put it up. I would make them kind of small though so they load fast for dial up users. You could even gather a few other furtopians together to help you in case they see something worthy of a card you don't. Make up some rules and guidelines that deem what is worthy and what isn't.

Hope this helps. :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:47:13 pm by Kaloyan Alett »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

WhiteLion

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 05:00:57 am »
Why not do it yourself? I hand out Pringles and kit kats to new members as a greeting and when someone does something really cool that I witness I pass out a kit kat to them, or if it's really cool a couple of 5th Avenue bars.

If you can draw or use any kind of picture software like photoshop, you can make your own cards, host them on photobucket or anther such site (I use imageshack) and then when someone does something worthy of a card put it up. I would make them kind of small though so they load fast for dial up users. You could even gather a few other furtopians together to help you in case they see something worthy of a card you don't. Make up some rules and guidelines that deem what is worthy and what isn't.

Hope this helps. :)

Yeah ok. I'll get to work making some cards - but first, befor I or anyone else does anything.
I wanna discuss this with the staff.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:06:35 am by WhiteLion »

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 11:57:08 pm »
Then a PM to Kobuk or another admin or Mod would be best.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

WhiteLion

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 04:17:48 am »
Then a PM to Kobuk or another admin or Mod would be best.
Why exactly a pm?

I thought you get feed back of your suggestion in the SUGGESTION forum?

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 01:05:23 pm »
 :D Yeah thats true. My bad. lol. :D
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart