Author Topic: The Dark Infinite (IC)  (Read 11804 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
The Dark Infinite (IC)
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:20:43 pm »
Jack's hand fell away from the Intercom as he looked around his room for his clothes. He sighed heavily, wrestling with the decision to tell his crew the truth of this rescue mission. He meandered around his room putting his clothes on then sat down on his bed to lace up his boots, talking under his breath a little as he did so. "Doesn't matter the decision they'll still need to be informed on part of the situation." He sighed as he pushed himself off his bed and began to walk out of his room towards the helm.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline evolve42

• Male
Re: The Dark Infinite (IC)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 02:47:30 pm »
Mendel heard the intercom as he finished up with the last electrical pannel in the level. He stood and proceeded to the helm of the ship watching the hull for any irregularities along the way. " Wonder what's the mission." He spoke softly to himself. " Hmmm hope they don't scratch ya up too much babe" he says patting the side of the hall. His mind wandered breifly on the interview before arriving /"you got quite the commendation, and these... uh special skills?" A strange man asked with a huge grin as Mendel picks up a steel pen and melts it into a hot pool in his hands/
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »
Luci groaned and sat up in her bunk, rubbing her temples. these damn headaches keep getting worse... They always follow those dreams...I was... I... Huh. What was happening in my dream? they were the kind of dreams one can never recall when awake, but that seem so vivid at the time. She dropped her hands from her temples and pulled her boots on; she'd slept in her uniform pants and a tank top. She then stood and started to the helm, a scowl set as her expression.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:28:49 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:25:39 pm »
Skye paced around engineering, making sure everyone was doing their jobs correctly before getting to work himself. He should just be supervising since he was higher up, but he enjoyed the work and the men liked having a boss not afraid to help out and get their hands dirty. He squeezed in between a few large capacitor  banks back to one of the darker sections. After all, she glowed.  Skye was heading back to make sure the back up generators and the artificial gravity generators were not in need of work.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:34:10 pm »
As Mendel snapped back he realized that the crew needed their meal. "Oh dear... breakfast time... tee minuse= twenty-nine minutes" He whispered as he rushed and changed his path to the galley. He then proceeded to grab a bar from his pouch and eat it with haste. "Mmmmm freezedried icecream flavor... suppose I should whip something up for everyone else too." He said aloud as he passed crew quarters. "soy eggs and pancakes with our favorite green shake today everyone! ... warming up now, food in ten boys" he yelled out as he smacked the hardened tip of his tail, repeatedly against the closed doors of the crew. (is it alright if i just skip my guy to the galley? just wanna know)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:38:52 pm »
Luci stopped dead in her tracks beside Mendel at the mention of soy eggs. "There's a reason we have real meat and eggs aboard... If I get that fake crap again, instead of the good stuff, I'm going to be incredibly unhappy with you. Is that clear?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 12:49:40 am »
Skye wiggled into the chamber that housed the gravity generator. the alien carefully inspected the generator before discovering a burned out voltage regulation module. This was one of 20 generators on the ship, he'd have to cut it off to work on it, unfortunate considering this one stabilized the kitchen area. She sighed, paging the department head before going to fetch a replacement unit.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:50 am »
Mendel chuckled at lucis threat and gave a reaferming  "aye aye " upon entering the kitchen he noticed the gravity was acting up. "One thing after another today" he stated grabbing the eggs and bacon from the cooler. In no time Mendel is mixing up the ingredients for pancakes proceeding to throw some diced bananas into the mix. "And now for you, my sizzeling friends" he stated with a malicious tone. As he let the mixing bowl float in place as he tore into the huge bag of bacon and set them in mid air in front of him. "OK OK flash fry time..." he said to himself as he extended his right arm at the bacon and focused. He could hear the fat popping and sizzling out of the tasty strips. Soon enough the bacon is done and Mendel gathers them in a bowl leaving the oil floating freely. Immediately Mendel cracked two dozen eggs mid air and began whisking them with a fork and adding spices. After using the bacon grease to help fry the scrambled eggs (which looked like a twister mid air),Mendel poured a nice sized bubble of oil and began heating it with his hands. Spoon by spoon Mendel dropped dough ball after doughball into the frying oil . After all the work he quickly gets the mess out of the way and the food ready to serve shakes included.  "Now lets get you to the others." He says pushing the cart out of the gally, filled with the decadent breakfast he was taught (for the most part) to make. " Come and get it!" He yelled down the corridor " banana pancake balls, bacon, scrambled eggs, and of course our favorite drink of the day, oh and I have some soy eggs too." He stated with a smile.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 03:32:29 pm »
Jack walked through the mess hall eyeing his crew. "Don't forget meeting in 15 minutes. I've moved the location to the bridge" He Walked over to Mendel and just gave him a look of give me my usual. The Captain's usual was not hard to remember seeing as it consisted of bacon, eggs, and coffee. "I swear to the Great Beyond i'll strangle Skye lest this problem get's fixed." It quickly dawned on that the ship never had intercomms installed in the Engineering department due to the noise being generated would drowned out any PA. "Stupid ship...should have intercomms every where..." Jack grabbed on of the crew members and sent her running to deliver the message about the meeting in 15 minutes.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 03:44:56 pm »
The artificial gravity generator was repaired withing 30 minutes, a fairly uneventful job for Skye, even if it wouldn't be so for the people experiencing heavier and lighter gravity fluctuations. He made a note in the repair logs before doing a few tests on the backup generators, she marked those down in the logs as well, which instantly uploaded to the engineering departments master maintenance logs so that  everyone could see where maintenance was and was not needed. Skye headed back to the capacitor bank she had squeezed through, when there he was met by a fur who had come to deliver a message...and was stuck "You look like you could use some help"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 03:53:38 pm »
"Just a little..but more importantly Captain Jack Quintus wanted me to let you know that there is a meeting on the bridge in...15 minutes i think it was." The Fox girl began wiggling to try and get unstuck, after a few unsuccessful tries she looked at Sky. "Would you mind lending me a hand?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 04:13:31 pm »
"Well damn, it'll take me eight minutes just to get up there!" he sighed "You shouldn't be wiggling first of all, those capacitors dump their power to the tertiary rail turrets, it you touch two of the terminals you'll turn into a pile of ash" She slid into the gap, climbing over the fox to get to the other side "Okay, I need you to do three things, First lock up your legs, then let your spine go as limp as you can, after that I need you to take a deep breath in, and breath out until your chest hurts"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »
She went rigid at hearing she could turn. "Alright.." She tensed up her legs locking them as tight as she could. He took in a few deep breaths before letting all the air out of her lungs and let her spine go limp.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 04:41:34 pm »
Skye tugged on Her arm, sliding her out relatively easy "There ya go, be careful around here, the engineering sector is dangerous at ALL times, and doubly so if the ship is under attack" she Started walking to her room, making to clean herself up and put on a fresh pair of clothes. before making the walk from engineering to the bridge.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 08:21:29 pm »
Luci made her way to the bridge and sat in her chair, crossing her legs and rubbing her temples once more as she waited for her breakfast, and for everyone else to arrive. She spread her wings out to the sides, attempting to relax.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 10:19:45 pm »
Mendel rounds the corner to the bridge. "Morning luci" he said in a light voice as he pushed the breakfast cart towards her.  Breakfast of champs today " he stated as  he began setting the table making sure to heat each plate before setting them down. He then put down the glasses as he heated the coffee  with his spare hand.  After he set  the coffee down  he then set out the food( serving spoon and tongs included.. "oh and let's not forget this!" He said as he lifted a large pitcher of health shake and set it down in front of luci. "You first deary" the slight feminine tone in his voice quite apparent. "And drink the whole cup this time" he said patting her shoulder,his hand cold as the metal table in front of him.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 04:06:21 pm »
Jack made his way to the bridge. "Thought i smelled some bacon and eggs up here. Well if it isn't my most two people ever." As he walked over to his chair he patted Mendel on the back and gripped Luci's shoulder
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 04:25:25 pm »
"I am going to kill you..." Luci muttered, glaring at Mendel, then glancing up to Jack. "I'm going to kill him, Captain."

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 05:23:41 pm »
" Good luck honey" mendel said sarcastically as he  pulled out another pitcher and mug "here ya go captain. Hot and strong  just as you like. Cream and sugar on the  table" he stated handing jack the mug of  coffee. He then turn back to luci " girl i am not about catch frac from cap about his crew not being 100%. So drink up. And enjoy the yummy food. Goodness knows I can't." Mendel finally settled down into his favorite chair after leaving the empty cart in the corner. He scanned back and forth  taking everything in. His bare feet picking up the light  vibrations of the hull and the hum of the engines.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 05:45:06 pm »
"Watch yourself. I'm your commander, not your honey, understood?" Luci practically growled, nudging the health drink to the side and "accidently" knocking it to the floor, then picking up a piece of bacon instead.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 06:16:06 pm »
Jack snickered as he sipped his coffee. "Now now, you two need to at least tolerate eachother seeing as most of us will be going on the rescue mission." Jack looked at his watch. "Just a bit longer then we can get started"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »
"No disrespect, but I don't care if you are the queen of England. Captain's and corporate  orders overrule your rank. Now drink it!" Mendel stated his tone growing colder and more agrivated, as he pours another glass and slides it a cross the table. " I'll remind you that I am not another military grunt you can just throw around, and while I take orders I don't take weight throwing.!" His  hands visibly radiating waves of heat at this point.  He proceeded to unclench his hands and take a deep breath letting the heat dissipate. "So cap what is the story on our mission, any survivors? Or are they just stranded?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »
"That bloody health drink does nothing, and it tastes like hell to boot." Luci said, popping the bacon into her mouth nd rubbing her temples once more. "I will not touch it."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:14 pm »
Skye knew she might be a little late but she smelled bacon and her stomach growled at her. He stepped into the Dining room area to grab some food.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 07:23:37 pm »
Mendel stood and walked to the intercom. He pressed the button and began to speak. "Attention crew... Attention crew, this is your favorite cook speaking for those not aware muster and breakfast are taking place on the bridge now... I repeat on the bridge." He then  sat back down giving luci a little glare. Before returning his attention to the captain.