Author Topic: Horror stories  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
Horror stories
« on: June 24, 2015, 11:17:24 am »
Just for fun, here is a place to tell some spooky,  creepy, or downright scary stories that you know, dreamt, or experienced. They can be real or supernatural; long or short.

The camp fire is set and the story stick is ready to be passed around.

Let's start things off with this little gem:

(Didn't happen to me) I stayed the night at a friend's house during the summer break of my freshman year of high school. He is an only child and so the family doesn't have a spare bed at their apartment. So that night I crashed on their couch with the extra pillow and blanket. Now I know he lives in a sketchy part of town but wasn't ready for what happened around 4 am.
I woke up to the sound of someone just outside and when I looked out the nearby window there was someone staring back at me. It was spooky but I just figured it was one of the druggies that lived nearby. However, he disappeared from the window and then I heard the sound of a key slipping into the lock. The door opened and he strolled right in. He looked around and locked eyes with me. The man smiled darkly and walked to the kitchen and came back with a huge butcher knife, raising it as he came closer and closer. I screamed as loud as I could and my friend's Dad, who works for the police,  ran into the living room with a rifle of some sort. He commanded the man drop the weapon and get to his knees.
Instead he threw it at him and ran...he was never caught and to this day I can't sleep on couches even during the day.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
Re: Horror stories
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:21 pm »
 :o

That's the absolutely scariest story ever! Why did they have a key?!? That's crazy! :D :o
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »
Gah..That would keep you up at night.  Is odd he had a key. Perhaps the door
lock was subject to being opened by a master key. 

Your lucky the guy was more afraid of dieing than wanting kill or injure you.

Glad you weren't physically hurt..
oldrabbit.com

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »
Oh no, I put in parentheses that it did not happen to me. Lol
It's just a story I read years ago.
That's what this thread is for. To tell scary stories. 😁
Celebrate who you are.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 12:00:54 am »
The Greatest Ombute Horror Story Ever

I HAD A ROCK AND I DROPPED IT AND I NEVER FOUND IT AGAIN.

For those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, that's just as well, this story is translated from the Ombute language, and they don't have as many words available as most people.  (They also seem to worship rocks.  In the primitive minds of the Ombute, this is likely a very traumatic tale.)

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:52:20 am »
So this one did happen to me. It started off as a dream that became a nightmare, then prevented my ability to sleep that night.

It started off simple enough, at home helping the parents clean out the garage on some Saturday afternoon. When I noticed a Victorian era full body mirror leaning upward so I could see the rafters above some shelves. I don't know why but I felt uneasy about it even being there; I felt like it should have been covered up. However my thoughts were interrupted when a neighbor arrived, offering to help out. As she got closer to the mirror I felt my heart race. I took one step forward and saw it! There in the mirror was a black shadow creature with white eyes and long spider-like appendages. He-it was staring at the neighbor, hunger in his eyes. She was mere feet away when I shouted to get away from the mirror, but I was too late. The creature lunged from the roof at the mirror...no, not the mirror, but our neighbor on the other side of it. Its arms came out from the glass and pulled her in. It looked at me, smiled then bit down on her throat.

I woke up at that point and was staring directly at myself in the mirror opposite my bed. I stared unblinkingly at it and only one thought on my mind, "Don't you dare..."

Couldn't sleep the rest of the night...just stared at myself.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:18:59 am »
Are you hosting some evil demon spirit in you?! :o :D

That's seriously creepy! I dislike dreams like that, though my nightmares usually involve my computer crashing and displaying images of skulls. x_x
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 11:27:11 am »
Yes I missed the part about it not being you. Sorry about that.  :-[

Your nightmare certainly was creepy. Mirrors have a magical quality about
them anyway. Especially full length ones.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 01:05:50 pm »
Haven't had any nightmares in a long while. That dream was while I was still in college.
I absolutely love reading & telling horror stories. The main reason is that the reader puts him/her self in the situation and uses places they have been or are currently at as the setting. It makes it feel more relatable and when the scary starts, they feel that cold chill and a sense of unease. Looking around to make sure the horror isn't watching
To me, that is much better than any horror movie or game where everything is plopped in front of them. There is no real way to add themselves to the narrative. The music and overall atmosphere feels forced and becomes more of a haunted house event. Not fun in my opinion.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:02 pm »
Yes all good stories drag the reader in emotionally. I agree the minds eye can make a
better show than any movie, or video. Which is someone elses vision of what the scene
should look like.  I have found if you turn the sound off they totally loose the effect anyway.  :P

Keep writing. I like scary stories, along with science fiction. :orbunny:

Let's try to keep the stories mostly furry related everyone. If we see there is enough
interest we can start a non furry story thread in the future.  :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:42:32 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 12:54:49 pm »
Well I so have one that happened on new year's of 2014/2015.
My wife, brother-in-law,  and I were visiting their grandparents in Nevada. It's a very small town where there might be four homes to every mile. We arrived in time for Christmas and had a lovely time.
New Year's eve, around 8:00, the grandparents decided to turn in early. My brother-in-law went to bed around 10:00. It was just my wife and I at this point. Midnight, we quietly wished each other a happy new year,  kissed and started to shut everything down. All that was left were the lights when there was a knock at the door. We stopped,  frozen in both fear and confusion.  As I mentioned before, the homes in this area are far and few between. Another knock, my wife placed herself against a wall with the phone in her hands, 911 already dialed and ready to call. Suddenly the handle started to jiggle and the person, who never said a word, tried to push the door open.

We don't know what caused the stranger to leave, maybe a nearby cyote scared him off or something. We didn't sleep easily that night and didn't tell our grandparents either. It hasn't happened since that night but I do wonder and worry about who that person might have been and what they wanted.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 02:04:14 pm »
Creepy! :o

Maybe it was some scared dog or animal trying to get indoors, away from the fireworks?
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 03:18:01 pm »
Nope, knuckle on door knocking.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 05:21:56 pm »
When I was backpacking we set up our tents and went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to a dog barking out in the distance I thought nothing of it till it stopped mid-bark and just silence. It freaked me out a little since we met some other hikers with a dog. Another time I was scouting for game(we were deer hunting at the time) when I heard something running fast towards me(twigs snapping bushes being pushed down). Since their were bears in the area and they wander through sometimes, I grabbed my rifle(Merlin 30-30) as fast as I could and raised it up to meet the threat. I heard it stop then turn around and it left, my heart was pounding it didn't know if it was a bear or not but that sure scared the crap out of me!

Kinda horror story I don't know just some stuff that happened. I've had weird things happen before while camping or driving up the mountain.(I DON'T believe in Bigfoot so it was probably a bear)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:40:35 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »
Supernatural or not, I'd nope out.

Kind of reminds me of a story on youtube.
Some guys went camping out in some really deep woods. One night around the campfire they decided to tell some stories.  Nothing spooky or anything just things that happen on their daily lives. Suddenly one of them looks up and says loudly, "Who the f*** are you?"
They all got up pulling out their knives. Standing there,  just beyond the tree line and behind a set of bushes stood a ragged look man with a large rock raised above his head.
The man said nothing, he dropped the rock and walked away.  They hardly slept that night and called off the rest of the trip.

If you're interested in more of these look up mr.nightmare on youtube. Some of his stories are really good and I planned to add some on this thread.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 11:44:44 pm »
Wow that would be incredibly scary! :o
I'm surprised they spent the first night at all!
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 02:11:11 am »
Oldie but a goodie:

A girl moves in to an apartment for her college classes.  Four months later she gets paired up with a classmate who is notorious for arriving late and appearing as though he has been up all night at some party.
During a study session,  her partner notices the time and asks if he can stay the night as he lives on the other side of town. It's a one room apartment and she is very much against the idea. However,  she doesn't like the idea of him having to walk across town. So she sets up a makeshift bed for him on the floor and they go to sleep.
Suddenly she wakes up to him standing next to her bed. He looks as though he's fighting to stay balanced. Before she screams he says, "I'm hungry,  can we go somewhere?"
"At 4am? No way, there's Ramen in the kitchen."
"I don't want ramen. Can we go somewhere to eat?"
Finally she gives in and gets up. The two get in the car and make there way to a McDonald's.
"I wasn't hungry. There was someone else under your bed."
They call the cops and find out he was a homeless man who has been living there for months.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:52 pm »
The homeless man was lucky she didn't weigh about 400 pounds.

Then the horror story would have been his.  :o
oldrabbit.com

Offline Timberwuff

• Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 02:26:23 pm »
Lol, Old Rabbit, that's too funny! :D
'      !
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 /   |'-' |  \   

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 02:36:35 pm »
Lol nice!
Celebrate who you are.

Offline photalysis

• Species: SynthServal
  • L·I·A·R
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 05:54:36 pm »
Nightmares, you say?

This one's a gem, I had it a few months ago. I'll try to do it some justice and tell a good story. This dream has the distinction of having been vivid enough that it was barely distinguishable from reality, even in hindsight. I'm not sure I've ever experienced a dream so vivid before.

In my dream, it's late at night and I'm alone in the house. It is completely silent save for a loud ringing in my head, even the constant roar of the nearby ocean is absent. I can't possibly describe the feeling, but something about it is unnatural in a way that makes me feel ill. The emptiness seems to have an almost life-like quality to it and I feel like I'm being watched, and that something dire and inescapable is going to happen. But I don't know what.

Out of the emptiness I hear a clunk and the chime of a grandfather clock. There is and has never been such a thing in the house. The sound seems to come from no direction in particular, its acoustic qualities are at odds with the shape of the room. Like the silence before it, it is entirely out of place. It seems to announce the arrival of whatever inevitability it is that stalks me. I can say without any doubt that it is the worst sound I have ever heard. It's such a simple thing, but hearing it fills me with a kind of paralytic dread.

I hear a loud, rhythmic banging on the door, like someone is half-heartedly trying to force their way in. In any other circumstance it would be threatening, but I'm just glad to hear something other than silence or that awful clock. It's a natural sound, something that can be understood. Hearing it actually comes as a relief. The ringing in my head has stopped by now and I can hear the ocean again, which is doubly re-assuring.

I open the door and I'm nearly bowled over by my dad, who has for some reason stopped by in the middle of the night. I notice immediately that something is wrong with him. He's swaying on his feet as if he could collapse at any minute and foaming slightly at the mouth. He's carrying an enormous dripping paper bag that's completely soaked through, which suddenly rips open. Out onto the floor spills a slippery pile of raw meat and sausages in every variety you can imagine. It's more than anyone can possibly eat and it's clearly long since thawed in its entirety, is looks as if he has gathered it out of compulsion. He seems incredibly weak and sickly. He clutches his head and tries to say something but it only comes out as a series of unintelligible moans and wails. By this point I gather that he's suffering some sort of disease. I try to step forward and help him somehow, but he snarls as if he's going to attack me and then breaks down crying. He's obviously not in control of his actions and it's incredibly disturbing to witness.

The dream skips ahead. I'm informed automatically and intuitively that I'm in a hospital searching for a cure for his disease, in that way that dreams do. It's more than that though, I know with complete certainty that the hospital is responsible for the disease in some way. The hospital seems to be have been abandoned for some time now. The silence is back, and with it comes the feeling of being watched again. I'm on an upper floor and it feels like I have been running through its corridors for hours. (I can't remember much about how it looked except that it was incredibly grimy and decrepit, only about half the fluorescent lights hanging above were working and those that did work flickered unevenly.)

I begin to slow down as I sense that I'm closing in on the answer. I stop in the middle of the hall almost involuntarily as if I had reached the edge of an invisible cliff and look to my left. I see a large, transparent wall built out of something that looks bulletproof with two sliding double doors of the same material standing agape. Inside is a dim, blinking red light on the far wall but it's too dark to see anything inside. I enter despite being unnerved by everything that has happened so far.

The second I pass through the doorway, the red light shuts off and bright white fluorescent lighting switches on from the ceiling. The doors slide closed behind me with a heavy locking sound. In the middle of the room I can see about a dozen or little boxes I can't see into completely, and I realize I'm in one of those maternity wards. The sound of shrieking infants fills the room as tiny, bloated and black arms rise vertically into the air from out of the box-beds. I can't convey the subtleties of the exact motion used, but the way in which they moved was sickening. I panic. I try to break through one of the transparent doors but as I suspected it's made from a highly durable material. What can only be described as black, writhing tendrils creep out of the beds and spread over the floor, feeling around the room.

I woke up at that point sweating profusely and didn't sleep until dawn. If you read all of that, congratulations! I hope it was worth the read to you. It sure scared the heck out of me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:09:23 pm by photalysis »
a.k.a. Tuvoi ->◊<-

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 10:19:31 pm »
The closest thing to a horror story that truly frightened the begeezus out of me happened probably 20 years ago. But if I were to tell it, you probably wouldn't believe me or you'd think I was nuts, or I'd be laughed at. Therefor, I'm not telling it. I'll only say it was at night while I was sleeping. And it was quieter than hell. Damn quiet. Not a single noise or sound could be heard. Not even outside.  :o I had trouble getting to sleep. I kept "on my guard" for anything unusual. Eventually, I did fall asleep, but when I woke up the next morning, I was scared and a nervous wreck.  x_x  That's about as much as I'll tell. Nothing more.

Offline Tanu

• Male
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »
Sorry for late post I'very been busy with my new job and trying to fix my brother-in-law's car.

Here's one that I just kind of thought up.

Everyday I go for a morning walk and each time I pass by the back of  a two story aprtment building. I've always disliked that building. I always felt as though I were being watched.
One day I stopped back there to tie my shoes back up, the left one always came undone. Once tied, I took a drink from my water bottle and I saw him!
Standing at a dark, second floor window was a man, just staring, skin pale, eyes wide, and mouth slightly open.  I didn't think, I just ran!
Once I was home I called the local police line and told them everything.  They didn't think it was anything but sent a patrol car. Suddenly I get a call from the police and they informed me that the person was still t he re and that the person never answered the door. They called for backup and came in. The person at the window was a man who had hung himself nearly a month ago.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »
When we were at our grandparent's river house in Blyth(they sold it and moved to Florida), we where sleeping. It was the dove hunting opener, so we went to bed early. We where going to get up at 2:00am to get a spot to set up. Our friend Don,his son, Mitchell(he no longer has them, he's now in the U.S Army) has night terrors so he starts screaming, I wake up not knowing what was happening. So I was shaky for about an hour still in shock in what just happened. Not really a horror story but still scared the living daylights out of me!! Apparently he said, he was dreaming that someone tied him up and threw him off a 20 story building.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 12:01:40 pm »
Interesting dreams and stories all..  I often thought it would be cool to have a nightmare and
know it was a dream. Perhaps one could scare the dickens out of the others in the
dream.  :D

I used to have nightmarish dreams where I was on a roof trying to fix water leaks. But
each time I tried the roof leaks became worse. To the point of falling apart under me.  Then
the dream would start again with me in the building setting out buckets to catch the leaks.
So back on the roof I would go again. The roofs were often very high, so climbing the ladder
to and off the roof became very scary.

I haven't had any dreams like that for some time. I am rather glad. I guess it was related
to the kind of work I did back in the 1970's.. I never did care much for roof work. Seems
like the leaks were always hard to fix.  :P
oldrabbit.com