Author Topic: V.O.I.D. (OOC) [Closed RP]  (Read 7782 times)

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
V.O.I.D. (OOC) [Closed RP]
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:29:31 pm »
Note: If you did not receive an invitation, then please, do not make a character application.

It’s been nearly a century since the planet was scorched. Perhaps that’s why some people want to go back up to the surface, because it’s “safe now”. Sure, it’s safe, it stopped being radioactive a long time ago. But there’s nothing there. It’s just an endless desert. Everything up there that had any worth was completely obliterated when the the universe decided to suckerpunch the Earth with a comet. Of course, it’s not paradise down here at the bottom of the ocean. Yes there are pirates and monsters, but we can keep them at bay. Plus the Poseidon Collective keeps riots and revolts… mostly under control. And we have food and clean water and, hell, LIFE down here.

Of course, things aren’t perfect in your home colony of Phi. The entire city is effectively a slum. You can’t walk five feet without witnessing a mugging or a back alley drug deal. The government is too powerful, and is closer to a dictatorship than it is to a democracy. And to top it all off, famine and disease are rampant as the paranoid law enforcement officers keep all the food and medical equipment to themselves. “It’s needed for the effective functioning of our officers” they say. What a load of crap.

You, along with the rest of the crew on the Hermes investigation and reconnaissance submarine, have been tasked with investigating the radio silence of a nearby colony, Omega, which is located past a notoriously dangerous stretch of ocean. The journey will be harrowing, and survival is not guaranteed. Luckily, the Poseidon Collective has pointed out a few smaller colonies in-between you and your goal, which will hopefully allow you places to dock and resupply, as you won't have enough resources to make the trip in one go.  Let's hope the pirates aren't too hungry this time.

Ok, here are some things to note about this RP:
  • Characters are almost certainly going to die. I’m not saying that EVERYONE is going to lose one of their characters, but you may end up being the poor sap whose character gets zapped. For this reason, I would recommend giving two character applications. Going over two would make this a bit crowded, but hey, it’s a free country!
  • As you read, throughout the story, the Hermes will be docking at colonies on the way to the final destination. When the submarine is docked at these stations, you can submit a new character application to replace someone you’ve lost.
  • During this RP, I may decided to interact with you guys via PM. By doing this, I’ll be able to give you guys information privately during certain parts of the story, in order to make it a bit more interesting. This may turn out awesomely or it may be a recipe for disaster, but hey, I have to at least try.

Rules:
No Godmodding or Metagaming.
If you feel that your character was killed unfairly, then please feel free to tell me so in a peaceful manner, and if you make good points, we’ll work something out. However, insults and general rudeness will get you nowhere, and I ultimately get the final say in who lives and who dies.
Any arguments with me or other players should be (peacefully) brought up in the OOC. Again, I will ultimately have the final word in all of this.
Just don’t be a jerk, okay?

Name:
Species:
Clothes:
Personality (as brief or as long as you like):
Specialization:

Specializations-
Gunner: Specializes in controlling the heavy weaponry attached to the Hermes, like machine guns and torpedo launchers.
Engineer: Specializes in keeping the Hermes in working order.
Security Officer: Specializes in protecting the crew of the ship, with training in small arms and hand to hand combat.
Medical Officer: Specializes in keeping the crew of the ship alive and well.
Navigator: Specializes in controlling where the Hermes goes, and, in combat situations, is in control of the ships evasive maneuvers.

And there we go. Go ahead and post your apps, and prepare for a traumatizing voyage.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:17:27 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: V.O.I.D. (OOC) [Closed RP]
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »
Looks pretty good. I'll probably get my card(s) up sometime tomorrow...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:55 am »
I think I might break from my norm and actually join this. I'll have a read and get a card drafted up as soon as possible (I'm going to lose net access for Saturday, so I might be a little slow to get it up).

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 11:42:14 am »
Name: Brute (Dexter Blair)
Species: Giant Salamander
Appearance: 6 foot and 300 lbs, built of solid muscle.  Pale blue skin, beady black eyes.
Clothes: Full-sleeve welding style leather jacket, thick denim pants, two sets of leather gloves, steel toed boots.
Here's an example for the jacket.
Personality: Dexter mostly keeps to himself and focuses on his job whenever possible.  In many ways he is like a janitor; always in the background, but actually still there most of the time.  He isn't often seen without his pipe wrench.  (And for those of you who remember him from way back when, NO, Dexter is not a replacement for Gnarko, despite the similarities!)
Backstory: Dexter has worked on Poseidon Collective ships since he was able to hold a wrench.  Not much is know about his life before he became an engineer, or even anything about his family.  Given that he seems to care more about the health of the ship than the health of his crewmates, it's possible he's just trying to distance himself from other people, perhaps due to a traumatic event in his past.  (Or not, it's entirely possible that he's just always been this way.)
Specialization: Engineer

Got a second character in the works.  I'll edit this post once i've got their card done.

EDIT: Got my second character done.  Looks like this little coyote girl is all grown up now.  I mean, it HAS been roughly three years since she was last featured in ANY story, RP, anything.  I wonder what she's been doing since her last appearance...

Name: Kyo Orkaat
Species: Coyote
Appearance: Kyo has a fairly unremarkable physical appearance, having a coat of fur reminiscent of a dusty wasteland, with some black streaks that lack any real specific order.  Her icy blue eyes do much to contrast with the dark and bleak world around her.  She isn't terribly tall, at 5 foot 6, but her attitude and actions help give her a noticeable presence nonetheless.  While not exactly brimming with muscle, she is fairly strong for someone of her size, and is quickfooted enough to keep her foes guessing.
Specialization: Medical Officer
Clothes: Kyo's usual outfit is a black hoodie and grey pants, with a red bandana she wears around the neck.  She also carries a large bowie knife that she claims to be skilled at fighting with, though there is no real proof to back up her claim.
Personality: Kyo will come off as insensitive and uncaring at first glance, but she's more than a snarling mass of grit and spite.  When she opens up to you (which is almost certainly a WHEN, not an IF) it is revealed that she is a surprisingly sensitive and emotional person who wears a fearless mask to keep strangers from looking too closely into who she REALLY is.
Backstory: Kyo has been purposely vague about her past, as if she herself doesn't remember the details.  What is known is that she lost her parents to pirates at a fairly young age, and she's been a drifter ever since.  She's gotten by on thievery, odd jobs and has even worked as a tracker for the Poseidon Collective a few times.  Kyo has somtimes spoken of an wolverine friend she had; the person that taught Kyo most of her medical knowledge, which ultimately lead to her signing onto the Hermes as a medic.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:23:27 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 01:57:57 pm »
Name: Marie Knight
Species: Cardinal
Appearance: Thin but fit, Stands 5'9", brownish-red feathers, blue eyes.
Clothes: Off-duty: Brown knee-length dress with a gold necklace and earrings with pumps. On-Duty: Dark blue button-up shirt with light armor vest, black pants with light armor plating built in, dark blue combat boots
Personality: A very determined and focused young woman, not one to mince words but knows when to cut loose. Prides herself on her work.
Specialization: Security Officer

Name:
Species:
Clothes:
Personality (as brief or as long as you like):
Specialization:

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 02:56:20 pm »
Tren, Yosh, both of your first characters are good to go. Yosh, you have a second character card left empty, so I'll assume that means that you have a second character in the works.

Also, do you guys want me to wait until most people have their apps up, or should I go ahead and put up the IC once we have one more guy ready?
GameMaster Status!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »
Name: Jula Kilian
Species: Jackal
Appearance: 5'10" 138 lbs. Jet black fur with light patches of brown on her chest and inner arms.
Clothes: Bright orange fire-proof jumpsuit, steel toed boots.
Personality: The typical know it all attitude, plus a little more. She thinks objectively and won't let others' stupidity stand in her way of completing a job.
Specialization: Engineer
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:32:34 pm »
Also, do you guys want me to wait until most people have their apps up, or should I go ahead and put up the IC once we have one more guy ready?
Now hold on there buckaroo, i'd like to get my second card up before we actually START this journey into hell!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 09:50:21 pm »
I'll go ahead and slap in a few of my own characters.

Name:Edgar Moore
Species: Orca/Aquatic Dragon
Appearance: Incredibly tall, standing at a whopping 7'1". However, despite his height, he is rather skinny. Basically what you'd expect an anthropomorphic orca to look like, except everything that would have been black is a dark blue instead, and his head his distinctly more dragon-like than orca-like. Thin pink folds of skin between fingers.
Clothes: On Duty - Dark blue fatigues.
Off Duty - White T-shirt and sweatpants.
Personality: Despite his somewhat threatening appearance, he's actually very timid and shy, sometimes even refusing to talk around people he doesn't feel comfortable around. However, when he trusts you, he can be quite friendly. But he always seems to be a bit on edge, always anxious about something.
Specialization: Medical Officer

Name: Kieran Noxis
Species: Gold Dust Day Gecko
Appearance: Bright green scales, with a few orange bands going across his nose. 6 feet tall, with a slightly skinny build. Has a long tail that tends to drag on the ground behind him. His underbelly has a slightly lighter color.
Clothes: Light grey shirt with jeans and blue sneakers.
Personality: Not exactly outgoing, but isn't really shy either. Characterized by his seeming inability to take "no" for an answer.
Specialization: Gunner

Name: Captain Baxter
Species: Bull
Appearance: Stands at around 6'4" (not including his horns), with a seemingly muscular build (although upon closer inspection his is a bit chubby around the belly area). Tail goes down to about knee-height. Horns curve upwards, and adds about 6 inches to his height.
Clothes: A white cotton shirt underneath a black leather jacket. Blue fatigue pants.
Personality: Generally a fatherly sort of person. Cares greatly about his crew, but also demands their respect. Generally, it's not pretty when he's angry. Somewhat quiet and down to earth.
Specialization: Captain (Technically a Navigator)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:52:15 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 11:02:34 am »
Now hold on there buckaroo, i'd like to get my second card up before we actually START this journey into hell!

Well, what I was hoping we could do is get an RP going in a dock or something like it, that way the RP could start for those who are ready, but people would still have time to submit characters and such.
GameMaster Status!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 11:07:43 am »

Well, what I was hoping we could do is get an RP going in a dock or something like it, that way the RP could start for those who are ready, but people would still have time to submit characters and such.

I like that idea.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 01:47:14 pm »

Not a huge fan of starting before everyone is ready, but hey, your RP, your rules.  I'll do my best to keep up i suppose.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 01:52:55 pm »
Update: My three characters are up.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 06:13:36 pm »
Tren, your second character is good to go.

As of right now, I'm just waiting for everyone to get at least one character up (Minus Furenzied, who I know is rather scarce on the forums as of late. If everyone except him has a character up, I'll go ahead and start it, and just squeeze him in later).

However, as much as a hate to say this, I MAY have to put this on hold for a little while. My laptop is completely broken, and I'll probably have to get a new one.  :(   I'm currently typing this from my mom's desktop computer. I transit from my mom's house to my Dad's house every week or so, and my dad doesn't have a dependable desktop computer. So, I really don't think I should start this until I have a way of monitoring it that does not involve putting the RP on hold every other week.
GameMaster Status!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 07:50:22 pm »
Don't worry about it bro, i'll wait as long as it takes; whenever that may be, you can count on me being here.  ;)

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
WOO I GOT A NEW LAPTOP!

It's kinda crappy, but hey, it works.

Anyway, we're back in business. I'm gonna wait until everyone gets a card up, and then we can FINALLY start this thing. If my calculations are correct, we're still waiting on Loc, Sledge, and possibly Furenzied.
GameMaster Status!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 03:37:39 am »
Anyway, we're back in business. I'm gonna wait until everyone gets a card up, and then we can FINALLY start this thing. If my calculations are correct, we're still waiting on Loc, Sledge, and possibly Furenzied.

Question 1: Did anybody send reminder PMs to the players in question?

Question 2: Was that my job, and if it was, are there severe repercussions for me failing to do it on time?  :P

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 03:01:12 pm »

Question 1: Did anybody send reminder PMs to the players in question?

Question 2: Was that my job, and if it was, are there severe repercussions for me failing to do it on time?  :P

No (as far as I know), and no.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Loc

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:20:44 am »
Due to an ongoing medical problem, I haven't been able to start work on this yet. I'll begin a daft tonight.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 05:51:28 pm »
The IC is up.

I know that Wise is not going to be able to participate in this, and after talking with Loc, I know that she's not quite ready to participate at this moment in time either. So I thought I'd notify... um... both of you... that I've invited ColonelMustang to the RP. Hopefully that will suffice, until we can get more people.

Like I said in the IC, I will be keeping the RP in the dock for a little bit, but not too long, so if you have a character that you want to intro, or apps that you want to make, NOW'S THE TIME!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:53:22 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
So uh, what are your thoughts about me adding a third character?

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 06:30:15 pm »
Go for it. The more the merrier!
GameMaster Status!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »
Go for it. The more the merrier!
Sure... suuuuuuuure....

I'll get the card up when i get it up.

Offline Loc

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 07:05:17 pm »
As Aryd said, I am currently going through some medical problems resulting in high stress and anxiety. I don't have the focus to put into an RP at this time.

If there is an opportunity for me to jump in later on, I will do, but I do not want to hold things up.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »
If there is an opportunity for me to jump in later on, I will do, but I do not want to hold things up.

Don't worry Loc, there'll be opportunities. Just go ahead and tell me when you're ready to go!  :D
GameMaster Status!