1 (2.6%)
Autism
6 (15.8%)
Language
0 (0%)
Other disability/handicap.
17 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: What's your disability/handicap?  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
Re: What's your disability/handicap?
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 02:32:30 am »
ADHD and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 07:59:24 am »
anxiety, and depression are the only disabilities that i am aware of.

as for what im doing to fix it/overcome it, there isn't really much i can do. im friendless offline so there isnt much i can do outside (so i remain in my room almost all day) i try to play games to forget about it, but most games i have noticed are lacking features and it just gets boring. i used to try to learn how to become a indie game designer/creator, but i have not been able to find any good information online about that so until i get a high school diploma i cant do anything about that.

most of the time i just spend sleeping, and the little time i am away i might just spend on random stuff that passes time. so pretty much all i can do is wait...
 there is always the thing with seeking professional help but i have no idea how to even get something like that (and i also dont see how something like a counselor would help) i did see the school counselor but he didnt really help that much (besides getting me out of class for like 40 minutes, so im happy about that) he just kept asking questions, but didnt really have any responses/helpful answers.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 09:41:38 pm »
I used to be legally blind in both eyes (about 20/200 without glasses) and with glasses it was about (20/40).  That was since birth.  Had to have retina surgery to repair one eye, and they used an air bubble which might have been new at the time, but it worked.  Just had cataract surgery to take out both lenses and replace them one year ago, so 30+ years of my life I didn't have good vision and only now can enjoy good vision, without glasses most of the time.  Reading on the computer, I have $4 readers with a 1.5 magnification.  When I couldn't see well, I always needed to hold books close to me because I was nearsighted, barely could get a driver's license because I couldn't read the chart at the DMV and had to get a doctor approval that I could see well enough in at least one eye to drive.  I didn't have to adjust a lot because 20/40 with glasses wasn't terrible.

Outside of vision, I didn't have any diagnosed disability.
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 11:47:02 pm »
I lacked full use of a limb since birth. It's improved quite a bit over the years as I've been making more and more use of it. The affected limb is slightly shorter than the "good" limb. It wasn't easy growing up like that--being mocked and taunted. I was usually last picked when choosing up sides for games in the school yard. After-school jobs and dating were not options to be explored either.

Since becoming more confident and having developed other skills and talents, I find myself a bit more in demand, even appreciated.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 12:06:25 am »
Gender Dysphoria, Pure Obsessional OCD, ADHD, Depression, and a not very debilitating, more annoying, learning disability.
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Fleeyock

• Species: Sheep
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 02:46:29 am »
Just a slight burning of the hands and feet whenever I touch anything too long. Only theory I have is that it's misfiring nerve pain from very minor brain damage. I got it after working on a house some years back, most likely from inhaling microscopic particles of ancient carpet adhesive. Woke up with the next day with it, never went away.