Poll

What are your reasons for not achieving your goals?

Creating vague goals.
0 (0%)
Lacking a higher purpose.
0 (0%)
Procrastinating
12 (16.9%)
Not taking responsibility.
3 (4.2%)
No motivation.
7 (9.9%)
Listening to people who discourage you.
2 (2.8%)
Starting too many projects.
4 (5.6%)
Being negative/pessimistic.
5 (7%)
Being selfish.
1 (1.4%)
Undecided on what to do in life.
4 (5.6%)
Surrounding yourself with people who don't reach their goals.
0 (0%)
Watching too much TV and/or playing video games.
3 (4.2%)
Lack of self esteem.
7 (9.9%)
No money.
11 (15.5%)
Lack of skills/experience.
6 (8.5%)
Other reason. Please explain.
2 (2.8%)
All of the above.
0 (0%)
Health reasons. (Disability, Learning disorder, Amputee, etc.)
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Not achieving your goals.  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Not achieving your goals.
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »
We all have goals in life. Things we want to do, see, make, or something else. But for various reasons, we never achieve our goals because of something we ourselves did or because of something that somebody or something else did.

What are your reasons for not achieving your goals?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Not achieving your goals.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 05:43:39 pm »
Health reasons. Lack of money. People blocking my progress.

Still working towards my goals anyway. It's just taking a little bit longer than I would like. But I'm getting there.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:11 pm »
i put

no motivation
Lack of self esteem.
(only to a slight extent but i can easily get past things once i start doing something)
No money.
- reason i might be getting a job soon. need more money to get a working holiday visa to be with sciex (keitsu), and to help give both of us better life quality.
Lack of skills/experience.
 -if i had the skills/experience then i'd be developing a game right now
Other reason. Please explain.
- social anxiety, family, society makes things far more difficult. social anxiety since well.. im just awkward around other people, though i can get past this with some practice just leads to the next issue -->family because usually if someone wanted to sell something to people around them they would just post it online and say come to my house if you want to buy it, and done. my dad doesnt want people coming here so im going to need to meet up with them or mail the stuff? another reason family makes it difficult since its just awkward dealing with them when i want to do something (for example leaving the house, never really something i did so its going to catch unwanted attention from my dad event though he's fine with it) and then the final issue society which includes school, government/what ever. without school i could be working alot more when i do start, and i could stop worrying about the distress that place causes me plus i will have that diploma to get a working holiday visa. another issue would be back to the whole thing about sciex getting denied entry, if that didnt happen then things would be far simpler. then there is the thing with college and general ed. if general ed wasnt a thing i could just go take a game design course, but no they want me to go through all that stuff again..

i still feel i could have a bright future ahead of me, its just that i need to get out the the current mess that i am (this house, school, sorta social anxiety), and actually have someone to rely on in case my attempt to succeed makes me fall right on my face (not doing too well at this either sadly)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »
Not enough money, time, motivation, self-esteem, etc., etc.
...Probably throw pessimistic in there too.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 07:26:39 am »
- Getting bored and distracted easily
- Poor time management
- Boring day job with erratic schedule takes up huge chunks of time
- Started last attempt at an illustrated storybook project during a change in art styles. Now I don't want to draw in the halfway-in-between style the previous illustrations were in, so it's unfinished.
- Have things I want done, but fantasize about being able to afford a staff of other writers and artists that I could delegate some of it to.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:29:45 am by animagusurreal »

DA         FA

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 12:54:45 am »
I tend to take on too many projects at once and I get overwhelmed. I then procrastinate on said projects, or do only part of one, and stop. I tend to listen to my inner and outer critics too much, which discourages me...and I procrastinate further. I fear failure and rejection, so I avoid completing some projects or working on an idea. I also lack my own funds to see some of my goals get to completion.

The good news is, I have managed to achieve two college degrees and I am working constantly. The bad news is, my creative projects and dream career are put on the back burner, largely due to the above reasons. I don't know if I will ever get to finishing those goals.  :'(

There's a big difference between being a starry eyed kid and a more realistic adult.  :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such