not-so-furry discussion > news forum

More California Quakes

(1/2) > >>

Rocket T. Coyote:
Quake

Iara Warriorfeather:
The magnitude was intense--a 7.1! We haven't had a shaker like that in over 20 years! Thankfully, I am okay, and I hope residents of Ridgecrest are recovering okay...

Jade Sinapu:
Does it cause ancient tar beds to bubble up more bones?
That would be a plus for anyone studying such things.

FarFar:

--- Quote from: Iara Warriorfeather on July 11, 2019, 10:20:19 pm ---The magnitude was intense--a 7.1! We haven't had a shaker like that in over 20 years! Thankfully, I am okay, and I hope residents of Ridgecrest are recovering okay...

--- End quote ---

Glad you are ok!

Iara Warriorfeather:

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on July 12, 2019, 01:04:24 am ---Does it cause ancient tar beds to bubble up more bones?
That would be a plus for anyone studying such things.

--- End quote ---

It might, although the Ridgecrest fault zone is quite a distance from LA--maybe 100 miles or so. Faults and fracture zones are excellent for mining ores, precious metals, coal, oil and natural gas....as well as some fossils, those can be brought to the surface in the event of a reverse fault.

--- Quote from: FarFar on July 12, 2019, 09:17:45 am ---
--- Quote from: Iara Warriorfeather on July 11, 2019, 10:20:19 pm ---The magnitude was intense--a 7.1! We haven't had a shaker like that in over 20 years! Thankfully, I am okay, and I hope residents of Ridgecrest are recovering okay...

--- End quote ---

Glad you are ok!

--- End quote ---

Thank you, FarFar!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version