not-so-furry discussion > news forum

Biden, Democrats, GOP, and the Pandemic.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Old Rabbit:

In the U S infections have slowed, but still over 25.1 million, and nearly 420,000 deaths due to covid19.

Injections for covid19 are up around a million a day, This would be good, but
only if enough injections are available. The Biden administration has created a national
agenda , and is pushing to get more shots in arms. There should be more companies
with emergency approval in the next few weeks which will help quite a lot.

President Biden has signed 30 executive orders in the first 3 days.  And of course
the GOP is complaining, wanting to allow oil, mining, and the cutting of trees on federal
lands to continue. They don't want to see Trump's executive orders undone, no matter
the damage they are doing to the environment. The GOP as usual continues their
desire to protect their rich supporters.

Their big excuse is job protection, but in reality is big business protection. While it is
true protecting big business protects jobs, it's small businesses that generate most
of the nations jobs. Jobs the GOP have little interest in. Also the GOP has been
working to get rid of Unions for many years, because Union members tend to support
Democrats over the GOP.

Another thing with their protection of big business, they do little to protect the worker.
Because big business doesn't want the expense of giving workers proper protection
in the work place. It's all about bottom line profits, and the GOP is glad to help
big businesses make more money.

As I expected GOP members only want unity on their terms. I think it's interesting that
when the GOP controlled the senate, it was their way or no way and they still want it
that way. If president Biden and the Democrats wish to stay in control, they best get
tough with the GOP. Because if they don't the GOP is going to do what ever it takes to
regain control of the government. Because they want to make government as small as
possible, mostly so they can hold power with minimal expense for themselves and
their rich supporters. Everyone else will have to manage the best they can, because
the GOP leadership could care less how the  rest of us ,must live, no matter what they
claim.

People have to understand human nature loves power and money. It's unfortunate, but
the GOP membership has been filled with millionaires who plan to help themselves
and their billionaire supporters. They play on public greed and their base desires to
hold and gain power, and glad  to lie to mislead the public if needed or not.

I fear the public will fail to fire greedy GOP members until it's too late. Then we will end
up with a autocracy run by the billionaire class. This is much how Russia is run, and
you can see in the news how the public there is treated when they want change in
leadership. They are attacked and jailed by the police, and if needed by the military.
Because Putin and his billionaire friends fear the loss of control would mean
imprisonment or death for themselves.

Old Rabbit:

The GOP appears to be opposed to aid cities and states to help pay to vaccinate
their population against covid19. Also against helping schools pay for protection as
well. President Biden's relief bill includes aid to small businesses and several other
things that will improve the economy and public health. The GOP always has plenty
of money to help big business, and their rich supporters, but not for the public need.
It's time Democrats prove this to American voters.

I did hear the Democrat leader of the senate say he wasn't going to let the GOP get
by with stalling tactics like they did during the Obama administration. I hope this is
true, because Moscow Mitch has already tried to prevent control by the democrats in
the senate. Even though the Democrats have that right.  It was reported that Moscow
Mitch has backed down, but the Democrats best keep close watch, because the GOP
will do all they can to keep the Democrats from gaining power.

President Biden signed an executive order for the government to buy  from American
companies when possible. Trump signed a similar order, but it was more claim than
real change. So time will tell if president Biden's order does more or not.

The senate approved a black  American for the secretary of defense and was given
the oath by Vice president Harris today. This is the first time a black American has
held this office, President Biden ran saying he would make his cabinet more
diverse, to look much like the population, and appears to be doing so. Under Trump
almost everyone in his administration was lily white to please his racist supporters.

Old Rabbit:

Since president Biden was sworn into office he is working hard  to undo the 
bad things done by Trump. Also working to slow the Pandemic, and provide relief to
those affected by it. Unfortunately the GOP is doing little to help. The president wants
the GOP to work with him, but I fear the Democrats will have to ignore the GOP's
attempts to gum up the works. If they don't , little will get done, because the GOP hopes
to regain both the House and Senate in 2022 with their stalling tactics.

Over the last 10 days, the White House has held several press conferences. The
president is doing all he can to keep the public informed of work by the administration
and work against the pandemic.  These conferences are designed to give the facts,
unlike the previous administration which spread lies trying to show good work that in
reality did little, but make Trump look good.

Supporters of Trump and the GOP should be proud, 2020 had the worst economy
since WWII,  Down over 3.5%. The previous year was almost as bad.  The GOP complain
about spending by the Democrats, but it seems the deficit always increases  when
the GOP is in power. Even without a pandemic.

The minority leader of the House, instead of working for the good of the country has
left the capital for Florida, so he can kiss Trump's backside, apparently wanting him to
forgive the GOP for helping Biden and not him. The GOP should be ashamed of this,
but no. They seem to think their future is with Trump and not the American people.
Denying the fact this country is losing it's white majority will only cause the destruction
of the GOP. They should be working to accept more people into the party, and to kick
the radicals out. Those who look to the far right are living a fantasy that ignores  the
fact that the majority of Americans want equality for all.

The Biden administration is working for clean energy that will help slow global
warming. Yes this will cost more now, but have big savings in the future. Also this will
create millions of good paying jobs. Unfortunately the GOP is pandering to big business
and will try to support coal, gas, and oil as long as possible. Even if they must lie to the
American public to accomplish it.

Expect to see the energy industry working to stop the Democrats from passing laws
that will harm their profits. They want to keep people dependent on oil, gas, and coal.
no matter what it does to the environment or the planet our lives depend on.

President Biden is continuing to sign executive orders,  I do believe he is making
a lot of good changes. I hope the Democrats use their majority to put many of
these orders into law. Because when the GOP  regains the white house, most of 
Biden's orders will be undone. The Democrats must not worry about creating bad
feelings among the GOP. The  public is more likely to punish the Democrats for
failures, than laws they may not like. Because for years little has been done due to the
GOP who work to  stay in power with their lies. Voters want to see their lives improve,
and will vote for the party that does the work.

45 GOP senators voted to not have a trial for ex-president Trump. We must wonder
why they wanted to ignore the lies, and incitement Trump did on January 6.  Are they
afraid? If so they should resign, if they don't mind that the capital was invaded by
a mob, they should resign. Because in either case they have no business doing the
work of government for the United States of America, by breaking their oath to protect
the constitution. 

55 senators voted to have a trial, I am sure there won't be enough votes to convict, but
at least  there will be a public record to show who voted for themselves, and not
for the good of the country.

The senators, and house members who are failing to stand and protect this country
should be removed from office, and yes, even some should  face a court of law for
their collaboration with the rioters, and Trump.

Failing to hold these people accountable puts our country at great risk, because
these people care nothing for their oath to protect the law, the constitution or our
democratic form of government.

We may have to look to voters to remove these greedy cowards from office, but I fear\
many voters will believe their lies and those of Trump. The millionaires and billionaires
want complete control of the country, and will lie to mislead  the  public to do so. Once they
have control the misled will find they no longer  have any  rights, and only
the  wealthy will have a decent lifestyle. Much like the people who live in  Russia and  China. I am
sure most want to think these people are good, and only wish to get rid of
abortion, homosexuals , and put minorities in their place. Oh yes, and keep immigrants
from taking jobs from so called good white Americans.  Those  that believe this is what the
country needs, will soon find the country will be nothing  like what they want, and
turned upside   down with the possibility of armed groups invading  small

communities and cities being set  on fire.

Basically a nation wide version of what happened to our capital. Because these people
misled by greedy rich men, are being fooled into  creating, a future that will be good
for the wealthy, but  terrible  for themselves and their children.

Old Rabbit:

Over 25 million have been vaccinated for covid19so far, and over a million more each day.
In the U S infections are over 26.1 million  and over 441,000  deaths by covid19.

The Democrats need to tell the GOP publicly that Unity is for the good of the people,
not for either party, and give them a deadline. So the people can see who really cares
about them. Otherwise the GOP will continue to stall, and put the blame on the
Democrats.

The plan by the GOP to reduce the size of the relief bill will only extend the suffering
of Americans across the nation, and increase the cost later. It's time the GOP stands

up for the people of this country over their rich supporters, and Trump.  They should
take advantage of the offer of  unity from president Biden and the Democrats, and help
them bring the nation together by denying the lies of Trump and his supporters.  This
is something Moscow Mitch could do as the leader of the party, but does he have the
courage to stand up to the radicals or not? Only time will tell.

It appears Trump may not have a legal defense team ready, I hope the trial goes
ahead anyway. Because Trump probably can't get high profile attorneys to go along
with his lies. Already several have decided they can't defend him, and I bet that is
the reason.  It appears over the weekend Trump found a couple of lawyers to defend
him. Reports are Trump's plan is to claim the impeachment trial is unconstitutional,
figuring this would  make it easier for GOP members to vote in Trump's  favor.

The GOP is loosing thousands of moderate Republicans due to their support of radicals
in the party, radicals who supported the invasion of the capital on January 6.  Also
many are realizing the GOP is the party of big corporations and the super rich, and not
of hard working Americans.  If this trend continues, the GOP will lose control all across
the nation. Especially if Trump supporters start leaving as well. This puts the GOP
in a tightening box. If they continue to support Trump and his radical supporters, the
party will lose even more moderates. So I am sure they will have to decide which way
to go, to save the GOP.  A party once proud in their support of a strong nation, and
conservative values, not a fantasy of conspiracies and lies.

Old Rabbit:

I fear president Biden's desire to deal with the GOP will do nothing but hurt Americans
and the Democrats. The GOP knows exactly how to manipulate the Democrats for their
benefit. They have been doing it for the last 40 years, and president Biden should know
this.

The impeachment trial in the senate is going to do  nothing, but slow legislation in the
senate. Though the trial will likely only help Trump politically,  It seems it must be done.
Hopefully it will be short, but I have a hunch the GOP may want to drag it out as a
stalling tactic against the Democrats. The GOP feel they can regain the House or the
Senate in the 2022 election, an keep the Biden administration from winning in 2024.

The one group of people the GOP fears most, is people of color. Their manipulations
often don't work on them. So since they can't fool them, the GOP works to keep them
from voting, and during the last election they tried to claim their votes shouldn't even count.

In fact without the votes from people of color, Trump and the GOP would still have full
control of the government. So now GOP control ed state legislators are trying to make it
even more difficult for people of color to vote. I  hope even more people of color run
for office. It's the only way to keep the dirty work of the GOP from succeeding.  I am
not saying people of color should all be Democrats, because the GOP needs more
moderates, and I think people of color and most women would be good to moderate 
the GOP.

It would be a big mistake to only have one party alone controlling the government.
Because the left leaning policies by many Democrats could be harmful to the economy,
and the right leaning policies of the GOP would be just as bad if not worse due to their
racist tendencies.  A single  party tried to run the country in the 19th century and was
a dismal failure witch led to the civil war, and could do the same again.

The GOP continues to fight immigration. I think it's mostly because many people in
this country fail to understand this country was built on immigration, and some want
to blame immigrants for their own failure to succeed. So they will vote for those who are
willing to stop all immigration, especially immigrants of color, because many see 
immigrants of color as a drain on the economy. The GOP should work to educate
Americans, to understand why this country needs immigrants,  instead of just using
their ignorance  to win election.

If the GOP continues to slide farther toward far right supremacism, they will lose more
and more moderates. Perhaps not to the Democrats, but toward being independents
who aren't likely to support the GOP at all. I think this is why Moscow Mitch is pushing
against this radical movement Trump is still trying to push. even though he is no longer
the official  head of the party.  I am not sure even Moscow Mitch can over come Trump,
and his threats to primary GOP members that fail to do his bidding. If he can't, it may
mean the end  of the GOP as we know it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version