Author Topic: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)  (Read 15628 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot-IC)
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 11:21:33 pm »
Artyom flinched hearing the click and let out a sigh of relief. "You're a sick person you know that?" He couldn't help but laugh. "If its finding and eliminating some one, then we can make a deal." His voice a bit more business like now "I've been out of work for a while." He tapped his claws on the table, "What did you have in mind?"
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 01:21:30 am »
"I haven't heard much, sir," Tasuneviir said, "but what I have heard is mostly garbage from people who tend to dislike any Shadow Corp personnel. What isn't garbage though is that you're intelligent and rich and lost an opportunity for a government job. That wouldn't have been very good, had you gotten that job because I would be against you." A pause. "I'm curious, Mr Faust. What have you heard about me?"
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 04:07:24 am »
Tava looked over the building and the ones around it, it wouldn't be easy to get in through the ground floor, fire escape? Basement? Service entrance? She could use her cloaking, but she didn't know the full extent of their sensors. She dialed up her contact back at Sunderland but his line was busy...again.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 07:21:25 pm »
The corgi chuckled, checking one of his many phones, before clicking it off and sticking it back in his pocket. "What I have heard, is that you are loyal, capable, and not an idiot. Thats all I need to know about you, because thats all I care. But by all means, tell me about yourself."

The security seemed fairly lax, and almost casual on the office building, with a few guards visible through the windows making their rounds on barely lit floors
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:03 pm »
Dakota sat back down and chuckled. "Really no more than you. Practicing with live ammo." He said leaning back in his chair far more relaxed than before. "I don't have anyone to. Take care of right now. But I do have someone giving info to a rival gang. I need that figured out and taken care of." He leaned forward again and gave a toothy smile. "What's it cost? To be a permanent addition?"

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 10:58:16 pm »
Artyom smirked "True, I guess we're pretty equal on that." He licked his lips and listened. "I'm good at recon, next time I'll make sure to bring a filter scope cover." He smiled "Ah Someone's snitching on you, and as for price ranges." He thought for a second "For a permanent spot with you? Hmm $230,000 a deal?" He held out his paw.

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 12:42:28 am »
"What you have heard is true," Tasuneviir said, "I lost one of my arms in the last major government mission I was assigned to. The rogue mech had killed most of my team as they were distracting it from me so I could disable it. It took a very long time to do so, but it was done. It fell over and pinched my arm off because of its weight and how hard it fell. It wasn't clean. A very, very messy event. After that, I never wanted to work for the government again. They could easily have sent a missile to destroy it, but no. They had to send us. Now they're dead and I faked my death after starving on the streets." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck with his mechanical hand.
 "Sorry, I'm still angry for what they caused. I don't know why they built us, really, but I hate them for it." He paused. "I'm only four years old, you know. Most my age would be starting their first day of school soon, and here I am discharged from the military, missing an arm and walking in a heavy suit of armor.
"I'm sorry I ranted a bit, I've only told this story once before, to my AI, Roland, and he was there!" He took a deep breath, gripping his rifle tighter, then loosening his grip.
"It was a horrible event," Roland said. "He won't say it, because it hurts him, but his team was his family. They grew up together, faced the same hardships together and usually came out stronger."
"Please don't say anymore, Roland."
"Ok." He fell silent.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 01:20:44 am »
Dakota chuckled and nodded. He watched the guy get excited and was rather amused at how quickly things had relaxed. Even he had sat back in the chair pretty deep. "Not snitching. Per say. But either way I don't agree with it and my word is the law. He's not abiding and needs to be an example." After a price was given out he sat there thought on it. Two-hundred thirty grand was a good amount. "If you don't mind payments over your time. I can't devote all of that to you right now. If you're okay with payments..." He said putting out his hand. "Careful: the claws are very sharp."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 01:35:57 am »
"Either way he's a problem that needs to be taught a lesson, or eliminated permanently?" Artyom smiled "I like how you run things." He shook his hand minding the claws. "It's a deal, payments are fine with me. Also if we are to working together, my name is Artyom...Artyom Mendeleev." He said it with pride.

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:13 pm »
Sid left the room after hearing his job. "Guard duty? Really? I'm better than that" He said angrily. "I Won't even get any action just guarding this place". Looking at his watch to see the time, he then sighed and went on with his job.
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:36 pm »
Tava squirmed inwardly. Her stomach growled at her as she snuck behind a dumpster and activated the cloak on her exoskeleton before heading in through the front door, waiting for someone to open it so she could slip in. Her skipping breakfast wasn't the only thing bothering her, it was that time of the month, and while the suits scent suppression would cover her up to normal furs, it hadn't been extensively tested against ferals.  She looked over a fire escape plan on the wall, studying the floor she was on for a moment before looking for any information that might lead her to the floor she needed
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 09:18:22 pm »
Killswitch walked slowly through the halls of the building, allowing time for the other agents to catch up, but then paused as a scent caught his attention. It was faint, but intoxicating all the same, and almost caused his instinct to overpower his processor. After a moment of searching with his base senses revealed nothing more, he began flipping through his overlays to determine the source of the aroma, the fact that it was in the area and yet not from anyone in the area puzzling him.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:01 pm »
Tava crept through the halls, padding silently towards a stairwell. It would certainly be less occupied than the elevator, and less likely to get her discovered. She rounded a corner just as killswitch was flipping through his optics.
As he transitioned filters there was the vague shape of a body, not easy to see, and wavering, but most certainly there. It froze as it spotted him, bot moving, not aware that it could be seen.
Tava stood still, her breathing went shallow and the blades on her gauntlets unfolded silently. There was no way he could see her.
Right?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 09:54:38 pm »
Killswitch locked onto Tava's outline and started slowly towards her, crouching as a cat would when stalking its prey, as he pulled up the specs on the suit. "Wunderland operative, decloak immediately. Place your hands over your head."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2016, 12:42:39 am »
The tigress unleashed her grip on the soldier and smiled. "Very well. Now, both of you. Get to work. I want to see results, and I want to see them soon."

The corgi chuckled, turning around in his chair and unbuttoning his shirt, slowly slipping the buisness suit off of his shoulders. In most cases, this might have been seen as an odd, and perhaps disturbing action, until Tasuneviir was able to see what his employer had been showing him. The corgi's chest was laced with surgical scars, and despite obviously being alive, he didnt appear to breath. "You are not alone. I was involved in a rather horrible accident. It left my chest cavity and both arms completely destroyed. Even with modern medicine, I barely made it." He chuckled darkly.

After a while, a small detatchment of basic guards reported to Sid, ready for orders. Working personally for such high ranking personel did in fact have its perks.

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2016, 01:44:42 am »
Tasuneviir took a step towards the breathless corgi to see the scars better. After a moment of looking at the scars criss crossing his chest, he asked, "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2016, 04:40:22 am »
Dakota nodded and shook with Artyom. Once that was settled he leaned back and shrugged. "You have access to the penthouse whenever. Keep the card for the elevator." He sighed then and shook his head. "No. He needs to be alive." He added. "Dakota. By the way."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2016, 07:03:55 am »
" @#%$ " she sheathed her blades "but if I do that, you'll detain me" she checked the stats on her suit, everything checked out fine, so how could he see her?  "I"m much too busy to be detained"  she shifted her weight on to the balls of her feet and launched herself fowards aiming to run past the feral

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2016, 07:47:15 am »
"Noncompliance will result in lethal force. Decloak immediately." Killswitch repeated, snarling And leaping at Tava as she started last him, swinging a large, metal clawed paw at her chest in an attempt to bring her down without too much pursuit. He knew better than to use his firearms here, as he might hit another officer, but his claws were much more accurate and still very much lethal.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2016, 10:25:10 am »
Artyom smirked as he shook. He tapped his claws once more on the table intently listening. "Thank you...Dakota." He sighed and said "Less fun for me, were does this little runt usually hide?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2016, 10:33:28 am »
She brought her gauntlet up to block, stopping her from getting slashed, but the larger beasts force still knocked her to the floor. She rolled away, hopping back to her feet and unsheathing her blades again " I don't suppose you'd just let me go if I asked nicely"

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2016, 12:36:34 pm »
Romeo smirked, leaning back in his chair. "I had recently been fired from a rather high ranking government job. A friend and I were driving along one of the elevated highways through the tower district, when I was sideswipped off of the road by a "Drunk driver". I fell somewhere around 60ft, and fell out of the car. As I was laying there, paralyzed in pain, the railing of the elevated roadway fell on us. I was the lucky one. It only caved in my torso and arms. My friend, not so lucky."

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2016, 01:33:53 pm »
Killswitch turned to face Tava once more as he landed, dropping into a crouch and giving a deafening roar; her scent was overwhelming, and he was clearing his head before activating his emotional dampeners. The intimidation factor was simply a bonus. Once his head was cleared again and his dampeners were on, he leapt at her again, bringing both of his paws down at her; he'd given her a chance to comply, now he was in for the kill.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2016, 01:55:42 pm »
Tava dodged left narrowly avoiding his pounce. She shut off the cloak and the scent supression as well as a few other things. She couldn't waste power on them now, and she wasn't sure if she could outrun the feral. Full on combat it is. She leaped at the feral, aiming to land on his back.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2016, 09:24:50 pm »
Killswitch turned his current visual overlay off when Tava uncloaked, and began to whip around to face her again, pausing as the full feminine scent of her washed over him; his emotional dampeners were just that, not completely overriding his emotions, and his instincts were effected even less so. She landed easily enough on his back, but didn't have much of an effect on him other than to startle him out of his pause; he was stoutly built, his reinforced bones and muscles taking the impact easily. He twisted around too late to prevent her landing, his powerful jaws snapping at anything he could reach, though his weapon mounts could easily get in the way.