Author Topic: Being Rude On DeviantART  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Being Rude On DeviantART
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »
I recently wrote a "letter" to MagicalPockyUsagi based on a joke made in a video I was watching. In the video, the youtube user mentioned that MagicalPockyUsagi liked to lick trees. I wrote a letter based on that joke and posted it to DeviantART since I haven't written/posted anything there in a while. Someone commented on my "letter" and seemed a little rude. They also seemed as if my "letter" offended them somehow, but I don't know what could offend them... I'll post the "letter" below so you guys can read it. Please tell me if it is offensive, because I don't think it is. I even mentioned that the "letter" is stupid. And I sent the guy who made the video the "letter" and he liked it and said that it was funny. So I can't realize why this "letter" is so offensive to the other person. What should I do?

Here is my Deviation: http://fav.me/d6iuwry
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
Re: Being Rude On DeviantART
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:58:52 am »
I think you're overreacting. She doesn't seem at all rude or offended to me. Is it the casual swearing that's bothering you? Because that's generally considered normal and acceptable on DA.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Being Rude On DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:59 am »
Yes some people swear without even thinking about it. Your
letter looked fine. Nothing that should cause a rude response.
oldrabbit.com