Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
the polling booth / Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on December 02, 2021, 11:09:32 am »
I do worry about Omicron.  Sounds like a lot of mutations at once.  The virus is adaptable. 
People let it mutate, they will now think vaccines do nothing, people will give up and it will mutate more.
I see a potential for acceleration due to people's stupidity.
The virus takes advantage of our social and political weaknesses.
The virus is putting up more of a united front against humanity than we are against it.  And it has no intelligence.
« Last post by cause the rat on December 02, 2021, 12:48:52 am »
Another murder has died of Covid. Unfortunately his wife is continuing with his message. Making it sound as if it wasn't covid that killed him. "His heart just gave out."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/media/marcus-lamb-covid-death/index.html
furry greetings / Re: UPDATES ON ME
« Last post by Amducious on November 29, 2021, 02:13:40 am »
I've been to Slab City a couple of times I went there when Cornelius was still running The Libarary. Met a guy named Orlando, it's funny we didn't see him for awhile my dad and I came back to the slabs during the winter to just see what's up and going on there. Low and behold we spot him and he still recognized us. We met some people passing through with some vans and staying there. Funny you mentioning living there brings back all the memories of going out there to just check it out and talk with people.

Just be smart about things with anything and it's already good you're with other people. I'm in Temecula which is only about a 2 hour drive out there towards Anza-Borrego State Park. Just be glad you're there when it's cool because in the summer time it's brutal out there easy triple digits.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Donald Trump beats Chuck Norris.
« Last post by cause the rat on November 27, 2021, 11:23:37 pm »
Benjamin. People get honorary degrees for contributing to what every the art or sport is. Herbie Hancock received one from Juilliard. Because if his contribution to jazz music. Other's who have received honorary degrees. J.K. Rowling. Albert Einstein, Walt Disney, Stephen W. Hawking. It's obvious those giving the degrees wanted to be associated with the recipients. Trumps honorary black belt is both disgusting and disgraceful. I really home those who have actually earned their degrees from that dojo return them and seek other dojos to re earn them back.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Donald Trump beats Chuck Norris.
« Last post by Benjamin on November 27, 2021, 12:37:27 pm »
I've heard of people getting honorary degrees from universities and such, but a black belt in a martial art?

The big problem for Chuck Norris kicking Trump's butt would be that he'd risk never seeing his foot again. It'd mysteriously become lost and consumed by said cushy (flabby) butt when dealing that much-needed kicking...

Benjamin
furry greetings / Re: Its been a while..
« Last post by Benjamin on November 27, 2021, 12:32:49 pm »
Definitely an improvement over death. It's not quite a situation for a merciful demise quite yet. LoL

Maybe the biggest problem for forums like these is that they're not the most smartphone-friendly in design, though I find it looks alright on my phone when I set the phone sideways.
I dunno. Furry forums, in general, aren't so popular anymore. At least from what I've noticed. Not sure what's up with that.

Benjamin
« Last post by Kobuk on November 27, 2021, 11:59:54 am »
There's a new variant. B.1.1. 526. It's significant enough to have been named. Omicron. It has 30 variants in it's protein. This makes it even more contagious. However it's not known if it's deadlier. It is prompting travel bans to South Africa and surrounding countries.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/new-covid-variant-south-africa-11-26-21

Yep, it's all over the news. But am I worried about another variant? Sort of. I mean, yeah, it is concerning. But people have to realise that this is what viruses do all the time: they mutate. They don't stand still. Anybody who has ever taken Biology (or other science) in school should understand this. Will Omicron be the last variant of the coronavirus? Nope. Will the coronavirus ever go away or be beaten? Nope. Not as long as this virus keeps mutating. This is what nature does, folks.
Will travel bans work? Not likely. It's like closing the barn doors after the cows have already left the barn. People are going to travel in one way or another. We humans are a "migratory species". We are constantly going from one place on this planet to another for various reasons. We can't sit still.
Viruses don't sleep. They are everywhere. Other than the scientists and medical professionals trying to combat this virus, it also falls on the ordinary citizens to do their part as well by maintaining social distancing, washing hands, covering mouth when sneezing or coughing, and the most important thing of all: getting vaccinated. Until scientists are able to come up with a 100% effective vaccine against this virus, I'll continue with the Phizer or Moderna ones that are 90%+ effective. I'd rather have "something" to help protect me than "nothing".

Lies, conspiracies, half truths, and fake news will not protect you.

Science, listening to your doctor, and getting vaccinated will! ;)
foodie furs / Re: Mde my first desert from the midle agea.
« Last post by cause the rat on November 26, 2021, 05:06:15 pm »
I don't believe in luck or fate. However something happened last night that has never happened before. I've had this antique cake and pie carrier for years. For the first time every it popped open as I was carrying it from the car. The pie ended up meat side down on the sidewalk. I'm going to call it a stroke of good luck. :) Now i don't have to eat it.
« Last post by cause the rat on November 26, 2021, 05:01:01 pm »
There's a new variant. B.1.1. 526. It's significant enough to have been named. Omicron. It has 30 variants in it's protein. This makes it even more contagious. However it's not known if it's deadlier. It is prompting travel bans to South Africa and surrounding countries.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/new-covid-variant-south-africa-11-26-21
furry greetings / Re: Its been a while..
« Last post by Alex on November 26, 2021, 08:59:09 am »
Thanks!

I see what you mean, yeah.. Its definitely quieter here than it used to be.

I guess its better than it being dead. x_x
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10