Author Topic: Operation Icebreaker - Sign up & OOC Discussion  (Read 7121 times)

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Operation Icebreaker - Sign up & OOC Discussion
« on: December 08, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »
4:30 AM - Somewhere by the Maryland coast...

The liberally painted, khaki green bricks of the far wall glare out at you, under the yellow light of harsh incandescent bulbs hanging in their tin frames from the ceiling. You squint to see one brick in particular. You love the brick, you have learned to love the brick, it is your brick. You keep your eyes trained on the brick as though your life depended on it, your comrade opposite you maintaining an identical pose, attention fixed on his own brick, somewhere above and behind your head.

"ATTENTION!", a drawn out cry reverberating around the near bare barracks, the clump of boots on polished floor impressively uniform. Your gaze does not move from your brick however.

You have all proved your worth to the services so far, mostly fresh faced and eager. A finally trained crew set to tame a new breed of cold alloy beast. You have been assigned to a new generation of nuclear submarine to be a functioning part of her maiden voyage. She is 560 feet long, Ohio class, and is rumoured to have a peculiar coating similar in resemblance to that of a cream pearl, but that one is just hearsay. This is all you know, most of the information you desire has been classified to you this far, and you are excited to nearly have your answers, but for now you must stay focused.

You resist the urge to peek curiously at the movement and quiet utterances in your peripheral vision, and before you know it the brick is gone, replaced with the kind eyes and serious face of a lean, black and white Laika dressed in the all too familiar khaki brown.

He extends a paw with what could be called a smile to accompany it, "My name Is Anton Kursk, I will be your Captain from this point" he states in a surprisingly calming voice, "Now, who are you?".

Character sheet:

Name - Self explanatory
Age - Ditto
Species & Physical appearance - A basic overview of height, build, etc. Describe any unique features you like. As long as they don't have two heads, I won't mind!
Personality type - Some short statements on the characters general demeanour, I want to keep personalities and backgrounds out of character sheets aside from basic information, as It should hopefully allow people to figure each other out as though they had only recently met.
Position - From Naval Nuclear Reactor Technician, to galley chef, you can choose a position within reason as you like, as long as you are not all a 2nd IC, and not the captain... >_>

...go! ^-^

The USS Skate, the first submarine to surface at the north pole. o.o

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:44:38 pm by Jackie »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Operation Icebreaker - Sign up & OOC Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:35:48 pm »
An empty character sheet for y'all:

Name -
Age -
Species & Physical appearance -
Personality type -
Position -

I trust that I shouldn't have to state general game rules. You guys know the score. Interesting posts and good behaviour. ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:41:34 pm by Jackie »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:41:31 pm »
Ooh... Making a comeback in the RP board are we? I'm interested... I'll get a card up when I figure out which character to use. Quick question: are hybrids allowed, or is that kinda like the two head thing?
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:07 pm »
Quick question: are hybrids allowed, or is that kinda like the two head thing?

As long as they are anthropomorphic, and not say....A dragon or something, yis of course! ^-^

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 12:55:55 am »
Hmm I'm interested. I may join later though if that's alright with you.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 03:38:25 am »
Name - Skye
Age - 22
Species & Physical appearance -Rabbit
Personality type -Fairly energetic, loves to talk, loves to be around people. He joined the military and his position because he has always been one of those that has a lot to prove.
Position -Nuclear Engineer
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 09:00:39 am »
Name - Skye
Age - 22
Species & Physical appearance -Rabbit
Personality type -Fairly energetic, loves to talk, loves to be around people. He joined the military and his position because he has always been one of those that has a lot to prove.
Position -Nuclear Engineer
Accepted of course. ;) Using your Fursona? O.o

Hmm I'm interested. I may join later though if that's alright with you.

Of course you can, I don't mind. ^_^

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 09:12:08 am »
So... I'll just throw up a card and see what you think of this particular hybrid...

Name: Myre Callista
Species and physical appearance: pit martin (diamondback rattlesnake and Martin hybrid.) small and harmless looking. Dark brown fur with lighter brown diamonds on her back and a light tan rattle. Has retractable fangs and golden snake eyes, as well as the heat sensing pits of a pit viper.
Personality type: almost cute looking and plays to it, though has wicked core motives. Joined the military as an excuse to kill legally.
Position: weapons officer

If my hybrid's still cool, I'll add more detail in.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:51:39 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 09:28:04 am »
If my hybrid's still cool, I'll add more detail in.

Go for it! :)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 09:40:02 am »

Accepted of course. ;) Using your Fursona? O.o

Naturally
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 10:52:12 am »
I added the details, so it's ready for you to check it over.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »
I added the details, so it's ready for you to check it over.

Don't worry, you're golden. ^_^

I was just a little conscientious of some people who might like to play as an ant or something, but then again who am i to dictate someone's imagination? ^^

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 01:55:30 pm »
As long as they are anthropomorphic, and not say....A dragon or something, yis of course! ^-^

Would "or something" include maybe a raptor?

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 03:11:49 pm »

Raptors are fine, dragons too, I was thinking more about really peculiar things like anthro spiders and such ^_^

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 04:09:15 pm »
(Mmkay then!)

Name - Harvey "Wild" Coltrice (hates the nickname for what it was for. Now he can't get rid of it.)
Age - 28
Species & Physical appearance - Raptor. His colouration and pattern is similar to a black tailed rattlesnake.
Personality type - Calm usually, short tempered but can control his anger. Loyal to who or what he enjoys. Dangerous, he's a chef for a reason which may come up later or something.(I might add some more as it comes along)
Position - Chef
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:30:37 pm by Kalam »

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »
Name - Kyril Maximovich Kursk
Age - 32
Species & Physical appearance - A 5 and a half foot anthro Laika dog, with black and white fur in large blotches, and dark brown eyes.
Personality type - Very to the point, a blend of serious professional, and warm comrade. If he gets angry, then it means he is extremely angry. He's not one for avoiding those under him.
Position - Captain.

Name - Westley Dunkirk
Age - 26
Species & Physical appearance - A 5 foot 3 Inches snow fox with brown eyes, well groomed fur, and fur clumps behind his ears.
Personality type - Kind and polite, and likes to be helpful, but usually comes off as a rigid and obedient, job oriented person. He is strict in the sense that he expects everyone to be working as hard as he feels he is, or actually is.
Position - Petty Officer 1st Class, Navigator.

That's okie Kalam. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:11:14 pm by Jackie »

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 06:22:54 pm »

Raptors are fine, dragons too, I was thinking more about really peculiar things like anthro spiders and such ^_^
Awww no  spiders? Eh this seems cool. What exactly do we do?
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 06:32:57 pm »
Thank you! Thankfully the semester is over! I can invest lots of time to this. :D

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »
Awww no  spiders? Eh this seems cool. What exactly do we do?

You role play as a character through the game as the story unfolds, and after a while your characters find a personality naturally, it's like a game but using your imagination. A cross between book and game.

Don't forget, how many times did you "Pretend" as a kid? It was and still is fun! ^_^

Have a go ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:49:28 pm by Jackie »

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 07:28:45 pm »
Name- Cusif
Age-20(I guess that's ok right?)
Species and physical appearance-Malinois (Belgian Shepherd Dog) Mostly black with a little brown mixed in with his fur. Oh and he walks on two legs.
Personality-Mostly serious about things never jokes or finds humor in things. He comes off as mean but he can be nice.( really sorry if the personality is similar to anybody else's as im trying for it not to be. I like my characters to be serious though)   
Position-medic( Do they have those in the navy or what were doing now? I had to come back and edit the position as earlier I didn't know what to put. Is the medic thing ok?)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:13:29 pm by Arachnid »
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 08:25:56 pm »
^yes they do I believe they're called independent duty corpsman (IDC or HM/Hospital Corpsman). They also keep track and record of radiation dosage of each member of the crew.

Also I may put my card up soon would a Navy Missile Technician be a playable role?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:30:05 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 12:10:18 pm »
Is tis a solo thing? or do our characters all meet? I apologize for the questions as I have never done anything like this.

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 09:43:54 pm »
I'll take a swing at this.

Name - Alexander
Age - 21
Species & Physical appearance - Red fox, green eyes, and jet black hair
Personality type - Serious a majority of the time, and often speaks when he shouldnt.
Position - Mechanic(If this is available
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:00 pm »
Hiya guys, sorry I've had a lot of end of semester assignments, i'm all finished now though. ^-^

All of the characters are in the barracks being briefed at the moment Arachnid, as in my introduction, everyone will meet at the start. ;)

Everyone is accepted by the bye.

I'm ready if you are ^-^

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 10:48:42 pm »
Ready when you are.