Author Topic: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread  (Read 57125 times)

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
Re: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread
« Reply #625 on: February 03, 2012, 03:50:40 am »
First of all, I would like to sincerely say that I am very saddened to learn about all of the reactionary measures being taken against Derpy and the episode "The Last Roundup" by Hasbro.  For the most part I really liked Derpy, and her latest portrayal in the recent episode "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" re-secured her place amongst my favorite ponies, as I chuckled every time I saw her with hilarious googly-eyed expression happily hovering and singing in the background.  With that said, I am absolutely not surprised even in the slightest that this backlash against Derpy's portrayal in "The Last Roundup" happened.  I so called this!  If you remember, on January 21st, 13-days ago, I wrote in the "MLP:FiM Season 2 Discussion Thread:"

Even worse, I now have a bad feeling that Hasbro and Studio B just might have just set themselves up for some real backlash over this, because I am sure that if I interpreted Derpy as acting a little literally mentally challenged than I am probably not the only one who noticed.  While I am by no means a stickler for political correctness, there are a lot of people out there that may take some serious offense to that.  Because of this, I am interested to see what the public at large's reaction to Derpy's new speaking part is, and how everything ends up playing out in the fandom.

So as you can see, I absolutely positively knew that this crap-storm was going to happen, and everything has played out pretty much exactly how I expected it would.  Why did I see this coming?  How was I so sure that this maelstrom against Derpy was going to happen?  Because for a few years I was a professional newspaper comic strip cartoonist, and I have *personally* been through these kinds of situations before.  That's how I knew.

To explain, from 2002 until 2005 I was drawing two different comic strips professionally for two different newspapers.  One of my comic strips, "Tiggerman," was a comic strip about the daily mis-adventures of a hapless cartoon house cat named Tiggerman.  It was drawn for the newspaper of Illinois State University, The Daily Vidette, and had an average daily readership of about 30,000 students, faculty, and alumni.  Being a college newspaper with the vast majority of the readership being above the age of 18, and with this being the era of edgier adult shows such as Family Guy and South Park, there were some times where I tried to push the envelope of my humor a bit to help me cater to that audience.  Most of the time my own sensibilities of what I could and could not get away with in regards to the humor in my strip were in-line with what my editor would allow, but every once in a while I would push things a little bit to far, the editor would reject the strip and request changes, and I would have to re-work my strip to bring things into line.  However, despite the usual success of this system, every once in a while something in my comic strip would get approved by both myself and my editor and yet would still end up unexpectedly making readers upset.  Sometimes, what upset the readers were the most bizarre, unexpected, or unintentional things imaginable.  For example, I once had a comic strip where Tiggerman's girlfriend, a girl cat, accidentally sat on a spider.  When she was bitten by it she yelped and jumped into the air, landing on top of poor Tiggerman and knocking him over.

Now this comic strip was one of the tamer ones that I had ever drew at the newspaper.  Sometimes my Tiggerman comic strips contained double-entendre type humor in the text, making their text sometimes a bit edgy in the otherwise G-rated comic strips if you wanted to take it that way.  But this strip had none of that-- it was showing physical humor the likes of which you would see in any "Three Stooges" short or "Tom and Jerry" cartoon.  Even so, the reader complaints started coming in.  The readers saw the girl cat landing on top of the boy cat in the last panel and decided that they were seeing something sexual in nature and wrote in to complain about the "inappropriate artwork" that they were seeing in that morning's newspaper.  Obviously, that is not what I intended the readers to see at all-- I had wanted them to see a girl cat getting bit by a spider that she was sitting on, launch herself in the air through reflex, and accidentally flatten her boyfriend on the way down.  That is all.  But the problem is that when you have an audience as large as 30,000 people reading your comic strips each week some of them are bound to see things differently than you had intended.  People will see things that aren't really there.  People will misinterpret things.  People will see a comic strip, relate it to something negative that happened in their own personal lives, and then erroneously jump to the conclusion that you were somehow personally attacking them.  In the end it doesn't matter if you had actually intended the comic strip to be interpreted that way or not-- as a professional you are still always at fault, you still always need to apologize, and you always need to be far more careful about not repeating that mistake the next time.

Because of these hard lessons that I learned through experience as a professional cartoonist, I have been forced to become far more aware of what jokes might end up inadvertently offending people.  When I saw Derpy's speaking performance in the episode, "The Last Roundup," my red flags immediately went up.  Now, keep in mind that I was in no way personally offended by Derpy sounding, well, you know, "derpy" in that episode.  In general I enjoy politically incorrect humor, and I am not easily offended by such things.  But my professional cartoonist's sense, the one formed from three years of writing humor for a large audience, instantly *knew* that if I noticed something kind of unsavory about Derpy's speaking voice that other people would definitely be noticing something unsavory about it as well.  And since MLP:FiM has an audience that is far greater in size than my comic strip did, I knew that the backlash over Derpy was also going to be several times greater.  In fact, I knew that the backlash was going to be huge.

Well, we done screwed up. Bigtime.

Going along with what I said about how the professionals *always* have to take responsibility for incidents like this, it the pre-production staff at Hasbro Studios (and possibly the staff at Studio B and Voicebox Productions) that are the ones who screwed up big time here-- not the fans.  Don't blame the viewers for how they end up interpreting things-- different people interpret shows in different ways, and that is just a fact of life that all media producers must deal with.  Just like when I was writing my comic strips for the newspaper, Amy Keating Rogers needed to have a really good personal idea about what kind of humorous content she could and could not get away with in this episode, especially since this show has really strict "educational and informational" standards imposed on it by Hasbro, and she apparently slipped up here.  With that said, the situation is not all her fault as there should be an entire pre-production staff (the equivalent of my newspaper editor) that should go over her work before the script gets finalized.  The questionable Derpy scene should have been caught there if it hadn't been caught by Ms. Rogers herself.  Failing that, the Derpy scene could have also been flagged once Studio B sent the storyboards back to the staff at Hasbro Studios for final approval before the show was animated, or the scene could again been flagged once the dialog was recorded at Voicebox Productions and sent back to Hasbro Studios for final approval.  There was multiple missed opportunities for the staff to catch this particular potentially inflammatory scene and remove it, and to their discredit it somehow managed to slip through all of them.  You can bet that after this disaster Hasbro is going to be really tightening the reins on these guys quite a bit to make sure that something like this never slips through again.

With that said, the executives at Hasbro, Inc. also need to be taken to task for how they are handling this situation.  Referring back to my story about my "Tiggerman" newspaper comic strip, during cases where something slipped by both the scrutiny of myself *and* my editor, and somehow still ended up offending people unexpectedly and unintentionally, we still had to take full responsibility for it and apologize even during the times when we thought that the few complaining readers were being very unreasonable.  The readers were always right, after all.  My editor was usually pretty supportive of me during incidents like that and understood that sometimes there are oversensitive people out there that manage to get offended by the tiniest of things, but we still had to adjust how we did things to correct the situation and make sure that it never happened again.  Because of my good working relationship with my editor, my comic strip never got pulled or canceled from the newspaper in reaction to any backlash, and I never personally got in trouble.  We just worked harder at it and altered our course when we needed to.  Hasbro should be doing something along those same lines-- I could see them making a public apology saying that any offense was accidental and not intended, and I can see them removing the offending scene from further showings of that particular episode, but I am rather shocked that they are actually going as far as trying to stop the sale of Derpy merchandise from We Love Fine and possibly removing the adorable cross-eyed mare from the show altogether.  Considering how long Derpy has been around without catching the ire of anyone, Hasbro should have just taken this recent incident as one of those inevitable hiccups that every show with a really large fan base ultimately has and just kept on rolling with it, much like my editor did with me.

Now before people start getting upset with me, let me make it quite clear that I have never contacted Hasbro, Studio B, Amy Keating Rogers, or anyone else about Derpy.  In fact, so far I have never contacted anyone involved with Hasbro or anyone involved in the production of the show about anything, anytime, ever.  And the only place where I shared my own observations about Derpy in that episode was here, in the post quoted above, on Furtopia.  If you recall, later on in that same quoted post I even wrote:

I still love the character, but now I am going to have to say that I love my own personal take on the character more than the new canon one.  I have a whole bunch of Derpy fan art that I want to draw, and to keep myself enthusiastic about it I am just going to have to pretend that the scene where she is helping Rainbow Dash decorate the town hall just didn't happen for now!

So in other words, my own personal solution to the Derpy problem was to ignore it and keep on continuing on with my own Derpy fan-creation endeavors as if I had never seen her in "The Last Roundup," and that is exactly what I ended up doing.  This whole issue was barely even a small bump on the road for me as a MLP:FiM fan, and as far as I am concerned Derpy's later more typical appearance in "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" fixed everything for me.  For me personally this Derpy incident was definitely not something worth my time to actually write angry letters to people about-- believe me, if I ever feel the need to write a cross letter to someone I have plenty of bones to pick with recent bills being introduced by my local Illinois state legislators.  With that bunch of clowns constantly attracting my ire, Derpy is not even on my RADAR!

Hopefully Derpy will still be allowed to be a comic-relief background pony in future episodes, and that the decision to stop the sale of Derpy-related merchandise is reversed.  I have personally been particularly endeared to the little cross-eyed mare ever since I saw her accidentally drain the tub in "Luna Eclipsed," and I am hoping that I will be able to see her in new entertaining moments like that again in future episodes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:54:52 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline Foxxhoria

• Male
« Reply #626 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:58 am »
It truly is a sticky situation.

But, by some of the developments that have been happening on Ponychan, it seems like all parties involved could do with better communication.

We have no idea what is happening; apparently it had died down; positive emails sent to the writer, some to Hasbro and DHX media by the sound of it too, with encouraging replies; but then the episode is removed from iTunes, and makes it look like we did have an effect.  And then WeLoveFine tell us they're removing "Derpy" (as in the name) from their catalogue, and it makes the whole thing even more scary.

We have no idea why the episode is not currently available on iTunes, we have no idea why WeLoveFine have been asked to remove Derpy from their website and products, and it doesn't sound like the Studio B team had much of an idea what was happening either.

Tabitha St. Germain has apparently removed all instances of the word "Derpy" from her IMDB page (or something like that), though this is probably just to avoid further controversy.

With all these ominous things occurring, you can't really blame the fandom for how it's acting at the present time.

But in the end, by how things seemed to have evolved on Ponychan, it just seems like a huge shitstorm over nothing; exaggerated reports of complaint emails sent to the writer, supposedly causing her to apologise (which never apparently happened, at least not as significantly as it had made it sound), and apparently emails to Hasbro who apparently then said they were "looking into it" causing a load of fans to send emails expressing their delight at Derpy to the writer in response who then said she'd only had 5 or so emails complaining, compared to the 30+ that were sent in response.

Then everything starts happening, and it seems like our positive kerfuffle might have just appeared to have been any kerfuffle to Hasbro, who then react "accordingly".

It is however important to note that the episode is apparently still available to watch on their website and the DVD being released has the episode on too (which has by the way been confirmed to not be being edited or anything).

WeLoveFine also, so I can gather, don't have copyrighted names in their products (in, not necessarily on), so there is the smidgen possibility apparently that Hasbro might have asked them to remove it because they're planning to copyright it.

While that probably really is a long-shot, it really is unclear exactly what is happening.
Understanding leads to empathy,
Empathy leads to admiration,
Admiration leads to love

Optimism leads to disappointment,
Pessimism leads to joy,
although, with optimism you are happy almost all the time,
and pessimism you are sad almost all the time.

Where's the line between being bored and generally too lazy to do anything? :p

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #627 on: February 03, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »
We have no idea what is happening; apparently it had died down; positive emails sent to the writer, some to Hasbro and DHX media by the sound of it too, with encouraging replies; but then the episode is removed from iTunes, and makes it look like we did have an effect.  And then WeLoveFine tell us they're removing "Derpy" (as in the name) from their catalogue, and it makes the whole thing even more scary.

We have no idea why the episode is not currently available on iTunes, we have no idea why WeLoveFine have been asked to remove Derpy from their website and products, and it doesn't sound like the Studio B team had much of an idea what was happening either.

Tabitha St. Germain has apparently removed all instances of the word "Derpy" from her IMDB page (or something like that), though this is probably just to avoid further controversy.

Well, to add to the saga...

Derpy is still Derpy on WeLoveFine. Everything on that end seems safe. Still unsure about the iTunes episode (it's still down). No clue if this means it is being edited, or if iTunes pulled it on it's own accord. Last I heard, the episode was still on The Hub's website, with no modifications.

And the blanking out of all mentions of Derpy on Tabitha's blog seems (for now) to be simply in jest. I could agree with that, because I feel like Hasbro would have had her take down any posts that referenced Derpy. It's probably just her way of saying 'Calm down, guys. It'll all work itself out.'

It's a lot of drama over drama over nothing. But I still prefer that we, as a community, stay mostly off Hasbro's radar, unless it's for something positive.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #628 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:22 am »
Derpy is still Derpy on WeLoveFine. Everything on that end seems safe.

I can personally confirm that!  I just bought the brand new uber cool Derpy mail messenger bag and the Derpy "I just don't know what went wrong" t-shirt from WeLoveFine earlier tonight.  I really shouldn't be spending money on such things, but that Derpy mail messenger bag was so absolutely awesome that I just couldn't resist it!  Every once and a while you come across something that you absolutely must have, you know?

Since I was apparently in a real "I <3 Derpy" kind of mood tonight, to boost up my order total just high enough to qualify for the free shipping I also bought myself my very first Derpy t-shirt (every MLP:FiM t-shirt that I have owned up until now has featured Rainbow Dash in some way or another).  I went with the "I just don't know what went wrong" t-shirt because I find its double-entendre meaning absolutely hilarious-- on one hand it is a line taken straight from the show, but on the other hand it also refers to the whole debacle that occurred from Derpy's first speaking part.  I find that kind of humor to be priceless, and I am still literally chuckling out loud every time that I look at the shirt!

In any case, I suppose that in my own small way I just did my part to help save Derpy-- I am sure that Hasbro is going to get some kind of small royalty payment from the sale of that messenger bag and shirt, and with money being the only language that large corporations truly understand if there are a lot of other bronies out there that happen to be buying Derpy merchandise like I am then Hasbro might eventually take notice.  The change.org petition that I have seen to save Derpy is great and all and may help, but I have a feeling that the Derpy character generating income for Hasbro will ultimately mean a lot more to them than signatures.  Or it least I hope it does!

In other news, I ended up reading a few articles on Equestria Daily tonight, and one of them ended up catching my interest.  Did any of you know that there is a fan-made My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic dating-simulation video game that is in the works?  When I first learned about that tonight my jaw just dropped.  This is one of those things that I just *know* that I shouldn't be taking any kind of an interest in, but at the same time I just can't help but have my curiosity piqued!  Now, before you all start to get the wrong idea about me, to the best of my recollection I don't think I have ever played a dating sim game before.  I know of their existence thanks to articles in the press like this one, but they have never been anything that generated any interest for me.  But this upcoming "My Little Pony: Love is Magic" one is supposed to have first-rate fan voice-actors and everything, and be very polished and well-done.  Plus it's ponies.  Because of that, I can't help but be curious and want to play it for a laugh-- what will Rarity say when you aggravate her and tick her off?  Could the often annoying, always random, and sometimes 4th-wall-breaking Pinkie Pie ever be portrayed in a romantic light? Will Rainbow Dash take any interest in you if you're a dude?  ( :D )  How far is this game even planning to go with the so-called "dates?"  Inquiring minds would like to know!

So, has anybody else here heard about this project and/or raised an eyebrow about it like myself, or have I finally fallen into the deep end of the brony pool and drown with this one?  Once again, inquiring minds would like to know!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #629 on: February 10, 2012, 06:09:45 am »
Haven't heard of the game, but then again, I don't keep that up on fandom stuff.

Let us know if the shirt quality has improved any from when I reported on the one I got. In the latest Bronyville episode's We Love Fine spot, they mentioned something about them that eluded to a possible change in production.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #630 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:33 am »
Haven't heard of the game, but then again, I don't keep that up on fandom stuff.

For the most part I haven't done a very good job keeping up with the fandom stuff for the last couple of months either.  There was a time last Fall where I was reading every new article posted to Equestria Daily every single day, saving all of their posted "Drawfriends" images, saving all of the new MLP:FiM wallpapers images, etc.  Then Midwest Furfest came along.  Being an artist in the convention's art show, I had to do a ton of work before the convention to prepare for it.  That kept me from having enough time to check Equestria Daily every day, and that knocked me out of the daily habit of checking, and now I am so far behind on all of their new posts that I don't even know if I could ever possibly catch back up again.  I actually only went to Equestria Daily for the first time in quite some time last night to look up what their special "10% off" promotion code was for WeLoveFine orders (it's "EQUESTRIA10" by the way), and while I was there I happened to see the article about the "My Little Pony: Love is Magic" dating sim game on the front page.  Had I not been going shopping for Derpy stuff last night, I would have never have learned about the game!

Let us know if the shirt quality has improved any from when I reported on the one I got. In the latest Bronyville episode's We Love Fine spot, they mentioned something about them that eluded to a possible change in production.

I had thought for certain that I had posted my opinion of the two Rainbow Dash t-shirts that I had bought from WeLoveFine back in November here, but I looked back through the posts in this thread and to my surprise I hadn't.  Shame on me!  I literally received the t-shirts from my last order from UPS the day that I left for the Midwest Furfest hotel, so I will once again blame the overwhelming organized craziness that is Midwest Furfest for knocking me out of my routine and causing me to forget to write my review about them here.  My overall impression of my two previous WeLoveFine t-shirts that I had bought were that they were just "O.K."  Reading the overwhelmingly negative reviews of WeLoveFine's shirts here in this thread and hearing additional complaints about them from one of my buddies in the Lake Area Furry Friends (LAFF) group, I was absolutely terrified that I had just thrown my money away when I had bought my two t-shirts from them back then.  Luckily, things didn't turn out as bad as I was fearing it would.  As many have mentioned here before, the material of the t-shirts was a thin lightweight cotton.  Much thinner than any of the other t-shirts that I have, and definitely not a material that I would ever purposely seek out.  It wasn't quite as bad as you had personally made it sound, Narei, but then again you mentioned that your WeLoveFine t-shirts were labeled as being "Made in China."  Mine were labeled, "Made in USA, Assembled in Haiti," so perhaps I got some slightly better quality t-shirts than you did.  So on one hand I was slightly disappointed with how lightweight the t-shirts were because I very much prefer heavyweight cotton t-shirts and the thinner material wasn't as flattering-looking as a thicker material would be while being worn on such a large guy as myself, but at the same time the t-shirts are by no means unwearable.  If I had to give the quality of the material used with my t-shirts a letter grade, it would be a C-.  Not terrible, not great, just leaving something to be desired.

Another problem that has been mentioned about WeLoveFine shirts, especially by my one LAFF friend in particular, is that they put their shirt artwork up way too high on the shirt, almost at the neckline.  Sadly, I too found this to be true with my t-shirts.  On my Rainbow Dash "20% Cooler" t-shirt this isn't too much of a problem since the logo is really long vertically and that kind of compensates for it, but on my "Mobile Dash" t-shirt the too-highly placed logo is much more apparent and it actually detracts from the appearance of the shirt.  I'm sorry, but I have to give WeLoveFine a letter grade of a D for that one.  A "D" is still a passing grade, but just barely.  Where the logo is placed on the shirt is such a simple thing for them to fix, and it kills me that they don't do it to make their t-shirts look better.

My experience with WeLoveFine wasn't all a disappointment, however.  There were two instances where they went out of their way to help me, and I have to say that I really appreciated that.  Firstly, I had found out a day or so before I went to order my "Mobile Dash" t-shirt from their website that the website suddenly indicated that the t-shirt was no longer available in my size.  I e-mailed WeLoveFine and told them how much I really wanted a silver-colored version of that t-shirt in my size, and they actually obliged me and made the shirt that I wanted available again on their website in my size.  Later, their customer service also helped me out was with shipping.  If I remember correctly, I had ordered my t-shirts from them about 13-days before the start of the Midwest Furfest convention with the hope that the t-shirts would make it to me before the convention so that I could wear them there.  I even left WeLoveFine a special note with my order telling them that I would really appreciate it if I could get the t-shirts shipped to me before the day that I left for the convention.  Well, as you know, they make your t-shirts for you custom, right after you order them... and it took 10-days before they even bothered to finally make them.  Since I had paid for UPS Ground shipping which would take a few days, it had looked like it would be absolutely impossible for me to get my t-shirts shipped to me by before I had to leave for the convention.  But then the people at WeLoveFine really stepped up and surprised me!  They must have read my note saying that I needed those t-shirts by before Midwest Furfest, because they actually shipped my t-shirts out to me via an upgraded UPS 2-Day Air at their expense just so that I would get them on time before the con!  I never asked them to do this-- they just went ahead and did it!  I was absolutely shocked by this and very grateful, especially since the t-shirts did arrive on time and I did get to wear them at Furfest!

So with that said I have to say that I can't really be upset with the company.  Are their t-shirts made from a nice premium heavyweight Jerzees-brand t-shirt or anything like them?  No, but they are wearable and not too bad.  Do the t-shirts look nice?  Definitely, if you have a long vertical logo placed on them.  If you have a small round logo placed on them, then they will only look O.K. because logo will be placed up too high.  But the company really did bend over backwards to please me by making the t-shirt that I wanted available for purchase again, and for getting my t-shirts shipped to me when I needed them.  They also included a bunch of neat little extras with my order, including a MLP:FiM "Steampunk" poster, some stickers, and even a free cloth bag, so that has got to count for something as well.

Now, the primary new product that I ordered from WeLoveFine last night was a thick cotton canvas Messenger Bag.  That makes all of my previous misgivings about the company a moot point because the bag is not made from t-shirt material and there is no t-shirt neck hole to place the design too close to.  With that said, I am also casting the die once again and buying yet another t-shirt from them with this latest order, this time around in the form of a Derpy "I just don't know what went wrong" t-shirt.  As I said above, the two t-shirts that I got last time, while not the best, were at least wearable, so I have made peace with the fact that I am going to likely just get another not so great but still wearable t-shirt.  If that is the price that I have to pay to have a hilarious and fun Derpy shirt to wear at the LAFF furry bowling meets each month then so be it, I guess.  As I mentioned in my last post to this thread, I needed to spend a little more than just the cost of the messenger bag to be able to qualify for WeLoveFine's free shipping, so the cool-looking Derpy t-shirt is what I used to get there.

With that said, I also once bought a MLP:FiM t-shirt that actually wasn't from WeLoveFine in the past.  It was from the t-shirt company OffWorld Designs.  They are a pretty well known t-shirt company in the local Chicago-area fannish convention scene, as they are the company that produces the official t-shirts for Midwest Furfest, DucKon, Chicon, Gen Con, and probably some other conventions as well.  The MLP:FiM t-shirt that I bought from them features Rainbow Dash in a parody of the Ford Mustang emblem with the word "Brony" printed underneath.  If you are interested, you can buy the "Brony" t-shirt for yourself on their website here.  The actual t-shirt that they placed the logo onto was a Gildan Heavyweight 50-50 Cotton/Polyester Blend, "made in Honduras."  While this t-shirt material is not quite as nice as a Jerzees-brand t-shirt would have been, it is still an extremely nice t-shirt, and the material is way better than what WeLoveFine is using for their t-shirts.  At $20, the OffWorld Designs t-shirt is also a little bit less expensive than WeLoveFine's offerings too.  But unfortunately, that is where the party ends.  Where WeLoveFine has dozens upon dozens upon dozens of different MLP:FiM t-shirt designs to choose from, OffWorld Designs has only this one single design, so if you happen not to like it you're out of luck.

Anyway, enough about t-shirts.  If when I get my new WeLoveFine products they turn out to be of a significantly better or worse quality than what I got last time, then I will definitely let you know.  Hopefully the quality of the new WeLoveFine Derpy "I just don't know what went wrong" t-shirt will be of a better quality this time around like the Bronyville episode that you listened to hinted at-- that would be a very pleasant surprise indeed!

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #631 on: February 25, 2012, 04:24:59 am »
*GASP!*  Oh no!  Derpy's been un-derped!

It's horrible, but it's true!  According to an article that was posted on Equestria Daily earlier today, our poor hapless cross-eyed pegasus mare has had her eyes uncrossed, her voice changed, and her name "Derpy" removed from her speaking scene in the beginning of the episode, "The Last Roundup!"  That's right, she's been "politically corrected," in a manner that was probably similar to this:

That's right, I have a feeling that our beloved cross-eyed Derpy was seized by the scruff of her mane by one Judge Doom, Hasbo's Educational and Informational Programing Director, and forcibly held in a drum of Acetone, Turpentine, and Benzene (a.k.a. "The Dip") until the corporation was finally rid of her.  What you see in the new edited scene from the episode now is probably a brand new educational and informational Derpy-who-will-never-again-be-called-Derpy that they recently grew in a Mason jar to replace her.

Now it's no secret that I was not a fan of Derpy's original voice, that they had her speak at all, or even that entire scene from that episode.  This wasn't because I was offended in any way.  Instead, I have never been one of the bronies that clamored for Derpy to ever speak, and I personally felt that comedically she worked best as a pantomime character.  As I wrote in the Season 2 Discussion thread, I also foresaw the resulting crapstorm from her new voice coming a hundred miles away, so this fallout from Hasbro is anything but shocking to me.  However, with that said I still absolutely adored Derpy and her cross-eyed look, and because of this I am immensely saddened that Hasbro decided to un-cross her eyes in the revised scene.  I sincerely hope that this is a one-time deal, and that she will remain cross-eyed in all of the other episodes that she appears in, both past and future.

While I don't particularly mind her new voice in the revised scene (once you get by the fact that I never wanted her to talk at all, that is), as far as I am concerned this scene now works even less well comedically than it did before.  While initially I didn't like the scene to begin with (I originally wrote in the Season 2 Discussion thread that it was "shotgun comedic timing gone wrong"), now it's shotgun comedic timing gone wrong that doesn't make much sense.  To explain, we originally knew that Derpy was a klutzy hapless ditz of a character from her obliviously happy attitude and goofily cross-eyed expression.  As a result, just by looking at her you knew that when she was going to get involved in something that disaster was going to ensue.  If you take away all of that visual information, which is exactly what Hasbro made the animators do, apparently, then you lose all of those visual clues and you no longer know why Derpy is such a screw up scorching Rainbow Dash, destroying half of town hall, putting holes in the floor, etc.  She just looks like a regular pony now in that scene, so if you didn't know her already from past episodes you wouldn't have any idea why she is so different and such a screw up.  In other words, they took was was already a pretty underwhelming comedic scene and completely hobbled it.  They might as well just have ripped the entire scene out at this point.  *sigh*  Oh well, I wrote as early on as October 17th of last year in some of my comments on the episode "Lesson Zero" that I hoped that Studio B wouldn't cater to the Brony community too much because it could possibly lead to trouble.  Those people really ought to seek me out and start listening to me-- my sage-like wisdom would have saved them a lot of grief by now!  :D

Anyway, at least I also have some more pleasant 'Pony-related news to share!  First of all, I was at Wal*Mart earlier tonight on a mission to get myself some Kitty Softpaws when I came across a copy of this: the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic "Adventures in Ponyville" DVD!  Now I already have every Season 1 episode of MLP:FiM safely stored away in .mkv format on my HP MediaVault, so I definitely didn't need to buy a DVD which featured the three episodes "Swarm of the Century," "Sonic Rainboom," and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" on it, but since the DVD only cost $3.97 I decided what the heck, I could never have enough copies of Ponies!   :)  My only complaint is with the DVD's packaging-- it is absolutely loaded with huge amounts of pink, magenta, and purple all over it!  So much so in fact that when I handed it over to the Wal*Mart cashier in the Electronics Department I actually felt a little embarrassed, as if I was buying a DVD of a little girls' cartoon show or something!  Can you imagine!?  It just doesn't make any sense, right?   :D

I also got an e-mail from the WeLoveFine shop last Wednesday that my order containing the Derpy mail messenger bag and the Derpy "I just don't know what went wrong" t-shirt that I mentioned that I had bought from them in an earlier post had shipped.  I haven't received the two items yet, but according to their UPS tracking number, I should be receiving them on next Tuesday, the 28th.  I absolutely can't wait to receive these two things!  I have been wanting to rock my favorite cross-eyed pegasus mare on a t-shirt so bad, and this Tuesday I will finally get to!  I also wonder what all of the other programmers at my upcoming SQL Connections Chicago Suburban Users Group and Chicago .NET User Group meetings are going to say when they see my brand new stylish Derpy netbook computer bag!  I bet everypony there will be soooo jealous of me!  *squee!*  :D  I am definitely going to be counting down the minutes until these two things arrive!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:47:36 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2012, 10:54:45 am »
I wonder if given time for the obvious pro-Derpy mega push that's bound to happen passes, things settle back down, and Hasbro realizes that she will always be Derpy to us even after this "blows over", they'll realize that their attempts at modifying her will fail and that the fandom still sees her as that beloved klutz of an ANIMATION ERROR and not making fun of retarded people. To paraphrase a definition I saw earlier, the term "derp" has never refered to someone's mental capacity, but to someone's klutzy action. I love when political correctness runs amuck and people push to change something they percieve is wrong when the real meaning is nothing of the sort.

Like others have said, I too love the new voice. It will never make up for those adorable mis-aligned eyes and her fannon/semi-cannon name, though.  :goldbloody:

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #633 on: February 25, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »
I won't be surprised if it eventually goes back to normal :o.

Offline Foxxhoria

• Male
« Reply #634 on: February 25, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »
To paraphrase a definition I saw earlier, the term "derp" has never refered to someone's mental capacity, but to someone's klutzy action. I love when political correctness runs amuck and people push to change something they percieve is wrong when the real meaning is nothing of the sort.

This video strangely accurately describes this situation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9xoskcss_g
Understanding leads to empathy,
Empathy leads to admiration,
Admiration leads to love

Optimism leads to disappointment,
Pessimism leads to joy,
although, with optimism you are happy almost all the time,
and pessimism you are sad almost all the time.

Where's the line between being bored and generally too lazy to do anything? :p

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:43 pm »
Ok folks I am just lurking, I did up to episode six of the first season. So I not sure where I sand on the Pony creads  scale.

As for derpy could something more insidious: Political Correctness. After all  we are now living in a society in America that turns  chink in a Armour into a racial slur or a high school can call their team  Cougars because some self righteous school administer think  cougars are discouraging to women.  Like many larger corporation Hasbro dose not want any negative publicity. All it takes is one school administration to ban My Little Pony because derpy is  offensive to some fictitious people group. See precautionary principal.

Looking at discussion at Equestria Daily, I thoroughly disgusted at the tone. It time to wake up and smell the coffee; the world dose not revolve fandoms. Just remember the word fan is a play on the word fanatics.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:25:27 pm by Acton »

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #636 on: February 28, 2012, 10:55:17 pm »
Just wanted to throw it here for those who don't regularly (or borderline obsessively >.>) check EQD.

There's a brony survey out right now, and they could always use more contributors. They are actually looking for both brony and non-brony participants, so if you don't consider yourself a brony but still read this thread, feel free to take the non-brony portion as well to help the study out.

I already took it. It's pretty painless, takes 20 minutes or so, depending on how distracted you are while filling it out. I absolutely love statistics and surveys and such, so I'm always more than willing to give my input for things like this.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:18 am »
And here's the final word in Derpygate. AKR herself responds to the crisis: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/amy-keating-rogers-response-to-derpy.html
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #638 on: March 01, 2012, 12:22:05 am »
I think this is far from the final word on the issue, but I agree it sheds a lot more light on what's going on.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #639 on: March 02, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »
I still think this was innocent play that got way out of hand.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-_HeVNYOk&feature=youtu.be

BLUH!?

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #640 on: March 03, 2012, 05:49:39 am »
Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-_HeVNYOk&feature=youtu.be

BLUH!?

I was going to post a link to that video here myself, but gosh darn it Shim you beat me to it!  Man, I thought that *I* was being way over the top and melodramatic when I made that whole Judge Doom melting Derpy in "the dip" reference in an earlier post above, but wow, what I wrote doesn't even begin to hold a candle to this video!  Watching that sad little crushed and crying Derpy makes even me feel horrible and guilty, and I never did anything to hurt Derpy and love Derpy as a character overall!  Heck, I must love Derpy considering the fact that I recently blew $64.00 on WeLoveFine Derpy merchandise... Ouch!  On a side note, if the makers of the show had just used this fan's Derpy voice instead of the original voice that they decided to go with, I bet that everything probably would have been fine-- go figure.

Speaking of my WeLoveFine Derpy merchandise purchase, I did receive it on last Tuesday, February 28th, as promised!

On the positive side, and it is a huge positive side, the sand-colored Derpy messenger bag that I bought is absolutely *awesome!*  It's made of a really thick cotton canvas, and feels like one of those heavy old military-style messenger bags that you can get from an army surplus store.  It also came with two cute little buttons, one of a muffin, and one of Derpy's cutie mark, to decorate the outside with!  It's pretty big in size, and it can hold a laptop as big as 17-inches easily!  In fact, it is probably massive overkill to carry the brand new netbook computer that I recently won from an Information Technology trivia competition, but hey, I will have the most rockin' laptop bag out of anyone at my various Microsoft developer user group to be sure even if it is a little big for the computer!  I am absolutely ecstatic about this purchase as the bag turned out to be of really high quality, and it is definitely worth every last cent of the $39.00 that I paid for it!

As for the "I just don't know what went wrong" Derpy t-shirt that I also purchased, well, if the WeLoveFine people are going to be changing the quality of the t-shirts that they use in their production they haven't done so yet.  My new t-shirt was the exact same really thin and lightweight cotton "Made in USA, Assembled in Haiti" Pacific-brand t-shirt that my "Mobile Dash" and "20% Cooler Long Pose" t-shirts that I bought back in November were, so there was absolutely no change there.  Oh well, I made the purchase knowing full well what kind of t-shirts WeLoveFine puts their designs onto, so I guess that I can't complain.  The t-shirt is O.K. and wearable, despite the material being so thin.  It just would have been nice to have been pleasantly surprised by a better quality t-shirt, you know?  In any case, I absolutely *adore* the Derpy design on the front, and I absolutely can't wait for the upcoming Lake Area Furry Friends monthly bowling meet next weekend so that I can show this awesome t-shirt off!

As with last time, WeLoveFine included some extra odds and ends with my order.  One of them was a large foam "Mighty Fine" red heart-shaped (floating?) key chain ( :P ).  I also got a "DJ Pon-3/ Vinyl Scratch" We Love Fine decal, and a pony-less We Love Fine-logo decal.  However, the biggest freebie by far was the absolutely massive "Mighty Fine" fabric bag that I received that featured "Hello Kitty" on one side and Rainbow Dash wearing steampunk-style flying goggles on the other.  This bag is *huge.*  I don't have it sitting in front of me at the moment so I am guesstimating its size from memory here, but it is somewhere along the lines of 3.5 to 4-feet tall and 2.5 to 3-feet wide.  At the same time however, the material that it is made out of seems to be really thin and extremely flimsy, so despite its large size I would not trust putting more than a couple of t-shirts into it.  Actually, trying to fill its large capacity with stuff would probably be a no-no, because your stuff would probably end up back on the ground again in short order in you know what I mean.  So while the bag may more than big enough to hold an entire Silicon Graphics Indy graphics workstation with all of its peripherals inside of it, fight the temptation and don't do it man!  The bag just won't be able to handle it, and you'd end up with a broken Indy!  The best feature about this massive freebie bag has to be its appearance, since the designs on each side cover the entire bag and the colors are very bright and vibrant.  As a result, the bag would probably make a far better wall decoration than a bag, really.  With that said, that probably won't be happening any time soon on my walls, because currently every inch of my bedroom wall space is taken up by animation production artwork, with the majority of it being my "Duchess" from The Aristocats shrine.  Ah Duchess-- now there's one mighty fine feline!  *sigh*

And here's the final word in Derpygate. AKR herself responds to the crisis: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/amy-keating-rogers-response-to-derpy.html

Like Narei Mooncatt said, I highly doubt that this is anything close to the final word in this whole Derpy SNAFU.  However, it does provide a little bit of insight into the production process of the show and sheds some more light on how the wheels came off the bus as far as final content review on this episode.  Here are some of my own personal thoughts and interpretations on Amy Keating Rogers's e-mail response:

When I first wrote this episode, the character under such harsh scrutiny was named Ditzy Doo. We had already established in previous episodes that she was clumsy (she is not the pony you want on your moving crew). And we named her Ditzy Doo thinking of her as a being a bit dingy.

I had actually figured as much, and while hindsight is 20/20, it probably would have been better if they had just kept "Ditzy Doo" as this poor mare's name.  That particular name had previously been mentioned once in "Winter Wrap Up" without incident after all, and they also could have better argued with any mis-interpreting fans and/or overreacting network executives that Ditzy Doo is just an innocent klutzy ditz just like her namesake says.  Oh well, it's too late now.

For the second draft, I was asked to change Ditzy's name to Derpy as a "tip of the hat" to the fans. So, not knowing that Derpy meant anything beyond klutzy and clumsy, I did as requested And then I was finished with this episode.

Now here is where things start to go astray.  Ms. Rogers does not specify in her e-mail who it was that asked her to modify her draft to include Derpy's name in it as a "tip of the hat to the fans," but man, if I was an executive-level Grand Pooh Bah at Hasbro, Inc., I would be chewing that guy out right about now.  That person should have known better.  To elaborate, while Mr. Mooncatt here may feel that "the term 'derp' has never referred to someone's mental capacity, but to someone's klutzy action," not everyone in the entire world interprets the term that way.  See the third definition for the word "derpy" on Urban Dictionary for example-- it defines "derpy" as a drop-in replacement for the word "retarded."  And while that may not be the #1 definition for the word "derpy" on the site, it's definitely there, which means that there are definitely people out there who interpret the word that way.  And while you may not personally agree with that interpretation, can you imagine the executives at Hasbro taking your position and trying to explain to both angry brony fans and upset parents that *they're wrong* and not interpreting a nebulously-defined slang word correctly?  Heck no-- the executives are going to apologize to all of them and make the required changes post-haste, which is exactly what Hasbro ended up doing.

You know, in a way all of those people fighting over the proper definition of the word "derpy" kind of reminds me of the 30-odd year long fight within the computer hacker subculture to change the popular meaning of the world "hacker."  They have tried over and over again for decades to convince both people and the mass media that the word "hacker" means something along the lines of "one who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations," instead of "malicious computer criminal, vandal, or fraudster," but so far they have been overwhelmingly unsuccessful.  They even tried to make up new terms such as "cracker" and "white hat" and "black hat" to differentiate between the two meanings, but that too has been largely to no avail.  In fact, all that they probably managed to accomplish was to confuse the issue further.  The fact of the matter is that as soon as some portion of the population starts to perceive a word a certain way, whether you feel that they are correct or not, you still have to now take into account that people are perceiving the word that way.  This seems especially true in an American culture that seems to be absolutely obsessed with political correctness these days.  In fact, for the past two days two of the top stories on MSNBC have been about people being caught not being politically correct and how their heads should be served up on a platter for it, with the first one being some Federal Judge in Montana and now (big surprise) conservative radio personality Rush Limbaugh.  You need to be *especially* careful when your dealing with a children's show, and there are probably overly sensitive parents out there that will be shocked and appalled by almost *anything.*  As a result, having Derpy being actually called "Derpy" in the show was really a pretty big blunder, especially when you consider that during the first season of the show Hasbro's Educational and Informational staff barely even let the term "egghead" get used because they thought that that term was too offensive!  With that in mind it is absolutely amazing that somehow "derpy" got through!

I had nothing to do with the original voice casting. In my mind, she was ditzy, as her original name implied. But that's not anything I was ever involved with MLP.

While calling Derpy "Derpy" in the actual show probably lit the fuse, the original voice that the production staff recorded for the character is what I have long believed to have been the powder keg.  I remember back when I first saw that part of the episode I ended up immediately asking myself, "What the heck were they thinking?", and now, all of these weeks later I am still asking myself that same question.  I sincerely believe that Ms. Rogers is telling the truth when she says that she always viewed Derpy as only being a ditz, and all of this was completely unintentional on her part.  Derpy's portrayal in all of the episodes before this prove this to be true.  But it seems to me that Derpy's original voice actor didn't interpret Derpy's character in quite the same way.  While no one person can ever predict how everyone is going to react to everything, and Derpy's voice actress may have had no idea that she was making a voice that could be viewed as being potentially offensive, that is why there is a multi-stage review and editing process with several drafts, multiple stages of production that need to be approved by several different people, etc. for show like this.  In a show as tightly controlled as MLP:FiM where terms like "egghead" get placed under scrutiny, I just can't believe that someone at DHX Media/Studio B, Hasbro Studios, etc. didn't catch this and say, "hey wait a minute here, somebody might misinterpret this."  It still blows my mind that this got by *all* of them without any of them questioning it.

As far as why I still care so much about this so much that I am standing on my soapbox and griping about it yet again, it is because like the rest of you I loved Derpy/Ditzy Doo, and I am as bothered as everyone else here on how she is being altered and possibly even eventually removed from future episodes.  I'll really miss her if she goes.  However, unlike a lot of bronies out there who seem to be content with blaming those who got offended as being overly sensitive, or blaming people for interpreting the word "derp" wrong, or what have you, I really want to blame whoever the person was within Hasbro's studio system that told Ms. Rogers to change her script and call the character "Ditzy Doo" "Derpy" as a "tip of the hat to the fans."  Geez, come on people at DHX Media and Hasbro Studios, whatever you do, don't tip your hats to us!  We are an adult periphery demographic for a children's show!  We may represent an interesting set of "golden eggs" to you figuratively and monetarily speaking, but pander to us too much and we'll poison your golden goose!  We call things politically incorrect names like "derpy," talk about how the mares have fantastic "plot," write "clop-fics," draw Rule 34, create works like "Cupcakes" and characters like "Mollestia," and have probably done some even more deplorable anti-social things that I haven't even learned about yet!  Look at how outside people perceive us!  Keep us as far away from influencing the show's production process as possible, please, because otherwise we will tarnish its reputation!  If you want to make a "tip of the hat to the fans" do it through some of the other outside things that you're already doing like making convention appearances, making more show-accurate toys, and answering the occasional fan question online-- just keep us out of the production process, because we are an entirely different culture than what the show was designed for and will run afoul with what the network executives are willing to tolerate.  I don't want to hear someday about how the entire show got canceled because some production staff member decided to make a "tip of the hat to the fans" by sneaking a romantically kissing Lyra and Bon Bon into the background of some scene only to have some conservative parental advocacy group find out about it!  I don't need the potential for a "Hot Coffee"-style scandal with my 'Ponies!  Luckily, I think this Derpy incident really shook things up, so that won't happen.  Probably both to our benefit and our detriment, I bet there will be a much tighter scrutiny on new MLP:FiM episodes by the production staff from now on.  As I mentioned above, the production staff shouldn't really be letting us influence them too overly much because we're nothing but trouble.

As a side note, if we can accept everything that Ms. Rogers wrote word-for-word in her e-mail as fact then I am *very* surprised by how little input the show's writers seem to have in the production process once the final draft of their script is turned in.  Considering the fact that the writers are a pretty important part of the creative process, I would have thought that there would have been more collaboration between the writers, the storyboard artists, the animators, the voice actors, the executive producers, etc. throughout the entire production process, but I guess not.  I suppose that some of this lack of collaboration is due to the intense pressure of keeping to a television production time schedule, but still, I would have never have imagined that the writers would have been kept out of the loop to such a degree.  I mean, according to Ms. Rogers e-mail, she didn't even know that they shortened the Derpy scene that she had written into her script until she saw the episode air on TV.  That's pretty nuts.  I guess this shows me two things:

1. A lot of the little story problems that I often find and nitpick when I am doing my reviews of the MLP:FiM episodes in the Season 2 discussion thread may not be the fault of the writers at all, but the fault of the rest of the production staff chopping up the writer's script later during production, and

2. I really need to read that book that I got for Christmas on television animation production, Creating Animated Cartoons with Character: A Guide to Developing and Producing Your Own Series for TV, the Web, and Short Film by Joe Murray.  It would be interesting to gain some additional insight into the process!

In any case, it looks like we finally get some new 'Pony tomorrow, and I can't wait for it.  I don't know when I will be able to write my thoughts about the new episode because they are now being aired during the middle of the day when I, a nocturnal creature, will be sleeping, and since I also have a meet-up with the Chicago-chapter of the Software Development Community early the next day (we're going to hear a presentation on Microsoft's new Silverlight 5-- woo hoo!), that means that I can't spend 8-hours on Saturday night/Sunday morning writing about it since I will need to hit the sack early that night.  Oh well, I am sure you will all get to read my thoughts about the new episode "Putting Your Hoof Down" sometime, because my massive text-walls of doom are more inescapable than one of Ahuitzotl's temple death traps!   :D

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #641 on: March 23, 2012, 03:01:08 am »
Here's a heads-up-- This DerpyHoovesNews.com article has some pretty huge MLP:FiM-related news for all of you John de Lancie/ Discord fans out there:

Derpy Hooves News - The Return of John de Lancie to MLP

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #642 on: March 23, 2012, 05:02:59 am »
*rubs his chin* Veeeerrrryyy interesting.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #643 on: March 23, 2012, 07:33:20 am »
-drinks his glass, throwing the liquid away-

Very interesting indeed.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #644 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:29 pm »
I'm really not into MLP  :P , but I do have to admit that I do like the fursuits that have been created. ;) Saw the following while browsing the Net tonight.  :o

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #645 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:32 pm »
I saw both Derpy and Fluttershy at MFF. Great suits!

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #646 on: March 24, 2012, 08:17:17 am »
I saw both Derpy and Fluttershy at MFF. Great suits!

Here are the photos that I took of the absolutely mind-numbingly adorable Derpy fursuit last year during the fursuit parade at MFF:

I can't even tell you how much I loved that Derpy fursuit!  It was so insanely great that words cannot even describe it!   :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the Fluttershy fursuit because every time that I happened to see it I sadly didn't have my camera on me.  I have one of those big and bulky several-year-old exchangeable-lens digital cameras that's a real pain to keep slung around my neck for long stretches of time while walking on the convention floor, and as a result I tend to not carry it around with me very much.  As you would expect, that causes me to miss out on a lot of random impromptu photo opportunities.  :(

I will tell you one thing though-- if an attractive girl ever walks up to me wearing a Cheerilee (or Spitfire!) fursuit that looks as good as that, and she has a SiCortex SC072 personal supercomputer slung under one arm and a 24-case of Jolt Cola in the other, I will know that I must surely be dead because at that point I will be in heaven!   :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:37:17 am by Hoagiebot »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #647 on: March 24, 2012, 08:41:46 am »
I don't remember, but who makes those suits? What maker? I want to check his/her website.

Offline Hoagiebot

• Male
« Reply #648 on: March 24, 2012, 10:56:30 am »
I don't remember, but who makes those suits? What maker? I want to check his/her website.

I wish that I knew, Kobuk, but I don't.  Does anypony else here know who is responsible for those absolutely wonderful MLP:FiM fursuits?  I wouldn't mind checking out their website as well!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #649 on: March 24, 2012, 03:33:23 pm »

I wish that I knew, Kobuk, but I don't.  Does anypony else here know who is responsible for those absolutely wonderful MLP:FiM fursuits?  I wouldn't mind checking out their website as well!

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sophiecabra/