0 (0%)
Luna
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)
None >:/
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: MLP: FiM Pony Favourites  (Read 7859 times)

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
MLP: FiM Pony Favourites
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:58:04 am »
MORE PONY TOPICS~
Who's everyone's favourite pony? And Spike, because Spike needs some love, I don't think he's been mentioned at all here that I've seen. Votes are changeable, since people's favourites may change with the next season. Also feel free to comment about why you like/don't like and such :D

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
Re: MLP: FiM Pony Favourites
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:24 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!... x_x (: (rolls over dead)
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:22:11 am »
I had to put down my Derpy. I've become a Derpy watcher near the end of the series, now as I rewatch all the episodes, I squeel and point to my screen every time I see my beautiful pony flash across the screen in the background. I just watched Sonic Rainboom last night and saw my Derpy like 4 times, plus Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle both did the Derpy eyes thing in the same episode. It was a major squeel fest for me. My cats think I'm wierd.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »
I'm 4 episodes in and I voted for rainbow dash. So far she's my favorite with Twilight being a close second.....What?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:26 pm »
I vote Pinkie Pie. If multiple, I would add Applejack.

Offline Arc

• Say g'bye to yer kneecaps, chucklenuts!
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:59:40 pm »
Rainbow Dash is best pony.

And may or may not have been my Facebook default picture/name for the past few months.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »
Applejack all the way. There's just something about a beautiful southern belle that gets me. Plus, that southern accent is delicious!

It may be because I'm from the south myself, but hey, it's Applejack all the way!
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:54 pm »
Pinkie Pie FORRRREEEEVVVERRRRR.
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »
FLUTTERSHYYYY~!!!

Actually, if we're going to do this poll, this would be a better place to bring the pony rankings discussion, lol. Mine:

Fluttershy > Pinkie Pie > Applejack > Rarity > Twilight Sparkle > Rainbow Dash

I don't know, man. I almost feel like Rainbow Dash hasn't been developed as much as the others... I feel like most of what I've seen is bravado and fake bravado. I'm sure someone will step up to defend her, though, lol.

Offline Arc

• Say g'bye to yer kneecaps, chucklenuts!
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:39 pm »

Actually, if we're going to do this poll, this would be a better place to bring the pony rankings discussion, lol. Mine:

Fluttershy > Pinkie Pie > Applejack > Rarity > Twilight Sparkle > Rainbow Dash

You are dead to me. :(

If I were to rank, I'd say:

Rainbow Dash > Fluttershy - Applejack - Pinkie Pie (kindof a three-way tie for me,) > Rarity > Twilight Sparkle.

That's only considering the mane cast, though.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »
Rainbow Dash > Twilight Sparkle > Applejack and Fluttershy > Pinkie Pie > Rarity
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:14 pm »
Applejack > Rainbow Dash > Other.

I can't really distinguish any favoritism between Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Twilight. I have my likes and gripes about each of them. But AJ and Dashie definitely stand out as clear favorites above the others in my mind.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:14 pm »
Fine, fine, in order..

Pinkie Pie-Applejack > Fluttershy > Twilight > Rainbow Dash > Rarity.

The thing I've noticed is that I can't stand Rarity normally, but the Rarity-heavy episodes are some of the best :o.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:49 pm »
Applejack > Pinkie > all others :3
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 08:10:30 pm »
Applejack > Pinkie Pie > Rarity > Rainbow Dash > Fluttershy > Twilight Sparkle
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 08:42:27 pm »
The thing I've noticed is that I can't stand Rarity normally, but the Rarity-heavy episodes are some of the best :o.

Word. The Diamond Dogs episode is a good example. Rarity seems selfish and super-annoying at first, but when you get a chance to look a little closer, there's a lot more to her. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether those moments outweigh, well, the rest of her personality.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »
Pinkie Pie FORRRREEEEVVVERRRRR.

QFT :D
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 12:35:28 am »

Word. The Diamond Dogs episode is a good example. Rarity seems selfish and super-annoying at first, but when you get a chance to look a little closer, there's a lot more to her. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether those moments outweigh, well, the rest of her personality.

Yes, I really disliked Rarity at first, but, then I saw Suited for Success.  Her song about making the dresses really won me over.  It let me see her fashion work as a form of art, and now I can kind of identify with it as a metaphor for writing.  (My own chosen form of art.)  So, I definitely agree that there's an interesting tension between how Rarity comes across from a distance and how she seems from close up.

Anyway, I chose Fluttershy in this poll -- she's just so sweet, and I really identify with her shyness and love of animals.  However, the two unicorns -- Twilight Sparkle and Rarity -- would tie for second.  With one, you have the introverted reader and the other is the driven artist.  I can identify with both of those.

Though, if I was answering for my daughter, I'd have picked either Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash.  She clearly identifies most with Pinkie Pie (the crazy social party girl!), but, lately, she walks around all day talking to Rainbow Dash like an imaginary friend.  ("What's that Rainbow Dash?  You want more ice cream?  Me too!"  That sort of thing.)
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 11:05:18 pm »
I'm kind of torn now.  Applejack is still my fave, but now that I've seen more episodes revealing Fluttershy's personlity she's starting to grow on me.  And I actually cried... CRIED, for cripes' sake!... when Shim showed me a certain Applebloom fanart.  What do I doooooooooo?!  :(

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 11:26:51 pm »
I'm kind of torn now.  Applejack is still my fave, but now that I've seen more episodes revealing Fluttershy's personlity she's starting to grow on me.  And I actually cried... CRIED, for cripes' sake!... when Shim showed me a certain Applebloom fanart.  What do I doooooooooo?!  :(

I'M SORRY :'(

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »

I'M SORRY :'(

Awww, Shim!  I can't stay mad at you! *Taurhugs*  I only got upset because... *snif*  Applebloom!  :'(

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 11:44:03 pm »
I'm kind of torn now.  Applejack is still my fave, but now that I've seen more episodes revealing Fluttershy's personlity she's starting to grow on me.  And I actually cried... CRIED, for cripes' sake!... when Shim showed me a certain Applebloom fanart.  What do I doooooooooo?!  :(

Do? Why, there's nothing to do but embrace your fate. ;) Fluttershy is calling out to you. "Change your vote," she says. "Change your vote!"
Besides, I... I sometimes cry at Fluttershy scenes too :-[ :-[ :-[

Which fanart?

Yes, I really disliked Rarity at first, but, then I saw Suited for Success.  Her song about making the dresses really won me over.  It let me see her fashion work as a form of art, and now I can kind of identify with it as a metaphor for writing.  (My own chosen form of art.)  So, I definitely agree that there's an interesting tension between how Rarity comes across from a distance and how she seems from close up.

A song borrowed from Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George, I must mention! Just as I was thinking this show couldn't get any better, along comes a Sondheim homage. Way to go, show creators! But yeah, that's a very interesting way of thinking of Rarity. Though what strikes me about her is that even in her one-on-one relationships, she can be selfish and oblivious one minute, but then turn on a dime to do something thoughtful and generous... and you hardly notice the transition, because those two contradictory parts of her personality work together so perfectly.

And the story about your daughter is so cute! :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:48:06 pm by Arbutus »

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 03:16:01 am »
Which fanart?

I don't know if I can talk about it on here.  Let's just say she was being emo about not having a cutie mark (HINT HINT).  But as bad as the picture was, I was more just sad for her. SO SAD. I AM TEARING UP RIGHT NOW just talking about it :'(  I haven't been this emotional in a while. Something is definitely wrong with me.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 12:30:23 pm »
Which fanart?

I don't know if I can talk about it on here.  Let's just say she was being emo about not having a cutie mark (HINT HINT).  But as bad as the picture was, I was more just sad for her. SO SAD. I AM TEARING UP RIGHT NOW just talking about it :'(  I haven't been this emotional in a while. Something is definitely wrong with me.

It's just something I stumbled across :'(! Sorry I sent it to youuu

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 01:18:34 pm »
Well, at least it's shown me something--Applebloom can't NOT be my favorite now.  Switched votes, but that doesn't mean there can't be a tie for first...