Author Topic: Posting on EQD  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
Posting on EQD
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:20:55 pm »
Anyone ever post on EQD yet? I wanted to comment to one of the entries, but it wont let me. I enter my comment in the box, select to use my google account to log in, then no matter if I hit preview or post, the comment box resets to being empty.

As a side note, will it give you an option to create a character name for their site, or will it just post your name as whatever it pulls from the login?
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline 489109

• Male
Re: Posting on EQD
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:50:54 pm »
Sethisto and I have exchanged a few e-mails, back and forth, but I never really had anything to actually post about. About the only thing that is relatively close to a submission to a well known Pony site that I've done is having my pony avatar make it on the banner art of the Bronyville Brony Show.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:56 pm »
I've posted but it was such dumb luck that my comment got put up that I don't know how it happened and I ain't tried again. :(
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »
As I mentioned in another thread, a little over a week ago I submitted my photos of my VCF-MW convention exhibit (which had a Sun SPARCStation 2 with the Common Desktop Environment "Rainbow Dash" backdrops as part of it), to Equestria Daily.  They quickly responded to my e-mail and replied with this:

That is so cool. We will definitely find a spot to post this in, whether it's a dedicated post or some sort of awesome things compilation. Thanks for sharing;

Naturally, that e-mail that they sent me got me extremely excited!  So excited in fact, that I have now been checking Equestria Daily about a dozen times a day to see if my submission has appeared in one of their articles.  Sadly, so far it hasn't.  Not even in any of the "Nightly Roundups."

Being that this was my first submission ever to Equestria Daily, I have absolutely no idea how much of a backlog that they have with submissions and how long it usually takes for a submission like mine to make it on to their site.  On one hand, it seems like submissions make it onto the site relatively immediately-- for example, they seem extremely quick to post newly discovered fan fictions, new updates to fan fictions, PMV's, etc.  On the other hand, I could also definitely understand if they have a huge mailbox full of submissions like mine to go through and that it may possibly take a while for my submission to eventually get posted.  My problem is that I don't know which scenario it is, i.e. have they changed their minds and decided not to post my submission, or is my submission still going to eventually get posted and is just waiting in line?  I am currently holding off on writing a follow-up e-mail to the Equestria Daily staff to ask about my the status of my submission because I don't want to become a nuisance to them, however trying to be patient like that has been proving to be quite the challenge, especially since their e-mail reply that they sent to me a week ago got me so excited.  I am dying to know if my submission will eventually get posted, you know?  Hopefully my submission will eventually make it on to their website since that would really make my day!