Author Topic: Need a bit of website help...(There's art in it for you, too!)  (Read 9194 times)

Offline KuroOokamiTsume

• Skunk + Fox = SOX!
  • Female
    • Kuro's Artsy Fartsy Page!
Need a bit of website help...(There's art in it for you, too!)
« on: December 23, 2009, 04:17:49 pm »
Okay, well, I need some help with my website's coding. Nothing I seem to do brings up the site as I was HOPING it would be displayed.

Here's how the site looks now. Please excuse the cruddy lineart with no color - that'll be fixed once I get the site going right.

http://kahami.furtopia.org/index2.htm

Here's how I WANT it to look:

http://kahami.furtopia.org/images/siteway.png

So, what do I need to do? I wouldn't mind leaving the middle picture out of it, I just need to do some new coding for the pages is all. ^^

OH! Okay~! For the first person who helps me get the site looking correctly, after I finish my current commission que and the free picture of Blastdav gets a headshot of their fursona, free, colored and inked. ^^ I can even re-crop it doe you.
Like my avatar? I take commissions: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kuroookamitsume
Into each life, some rain must fall, to water the gardens of our souls." - Me.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
Re: Need a bit of website help...(There's art in it for you, too!)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:26:53 pm »
Heya, Kuro.  Looks like the first link in your post isn't working; could you try to put it up again?  If so, I might be able to work with something... I don't have much HTML experience, but it's possible that I could get somethin' goin'.  :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:45:46 am »
you still trying to do this kuro?   *looks down at the date*

Offline RoguelikeFerret

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 03:31:19 pm »
i think the best way to do what you want it to (i am not sure exactly) is to use a css style sheet and use divisions and set up different dimensions of these divisions and have a seperate bg image for each one you can control the size, background txt color etc

good tutorials and lessons for free at w3schools.com

hope this helps

-roguelikeferret
WHY AM I A TALKING RACCOON?!

Offline Makoko

• y u do dat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 04:22:57 pm »
I don't know if you're still looking for any help on this, but I've just whipped up a basic template. Took me a couple minutes, but I didn't need to use much css. Tables did the trick pretty well.

It looks really bland right now because there aren't any images on it. I'll need a set of them to finish it, unless you want to put them on yourself.

Offline Kolebra

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 01:25:28 am »
Tables are the answer to everything! Oh my, I used to pour endlessly over code fixing tags and resetting broken links but all that is over now thanks to Dreamweaver 8! Ta da! Don't have a bunch of money for awesome site building software? Never fear because CoffeCup is here and it is toally free! Trust me once you use site software you will wonder how you ever got by without it.
“Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding”.