Author Topic: The last thing you bought.  (Read 88877 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: The last thing you bought.
« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2023, 02:28:26 am »
New nose and ear trimmer. My 30+ year old model bit the dust. At my age if I don't keep em trimmed I'll have to start combing them.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1026 on: January 19, 2023, 07:18:47 pm »
Dog food for Eevee.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1027 on: February 03, 2023, 02:54:24 am »
Printer cartridges. Got them on line. A bit cheaper and takes a bit longer But I don't have to drive a ways to find out they are out of stock.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1028 on: February 04, 2023, 02:09:18 pm »
Amoxicilin .
Finally pneumonia is going away.

Hope to buy food soon.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1029 on: February 05, 2023, 06:50:09 am »
Three books. All on playing poker. When I played weekly I would almost always ( 3 out of 4 games a month ) end up on the final table. And most of the time I would be one of the final 3 or 2 players. That's without any training. Other than watching it on TV. Perhaps these books will help me become a degenerate gambler.  :D

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1030 on: February 05, 2023, 11:34:48 am »
Hi cause,  you're comment made me think of the following...

I have always wondered about the concept of someone making a guide of how to do what they do, which made them successful.

It's like,  here's the secret to life but it only works if only a few know it,  and now I've made a book to show the masses how to be successful therefore none of us will be but yet I made money on the scheme.

I used to buy books on how to draw when i was a kid.  They never resulted in my learning anything useful.  I could never draw what they did or I could only draw exactly what they did.  Years later i just drew stuff on my own and got better.

Also at goodwill I see a ton of get rich quick books.  I guess they failed.

So I see you are already good at poker,  and I suspect you don't need any books.
But let us know if the books helped or were a waste of time.

The last thing I bought was house goods.  Boring I know.
Gasoline
Food
Blah
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1031 on: February 05, 2023, 02:00:32 pm »

The last thing I bought was house goods.  Boring I know.
Gasoline
Food
Blah

Jade, I'd stop buying 'Blah'. It's way to expensive. And it doesn't do much for ya.  :D

Doyle Brunson jokingly said, "Ya, that book cost me money". Poker is a sport. It's a very competitive sport. The better the players the more fun the game actually is. I've played against very bad players. It's no fun. It's like slapping around an eight year old. Playing against good players is what makes the game. So in this case the folks that wrote these books made their sport more fun for them. Making it to the final table is one thing. Actually winning takes strategies I still don't have. Coming in second or third isn't wining. It's a competitive thing. Ya don't play to loose.  :)  I also feel it's necessary to point out that poker not about gambling. In truth gamblers are some of the worst players. Relying on luck is no better than playing the lottery. If you took the money away form the game the gamblers would be the only people to leave.

I haven't bought it yet but i need more bread flour. I have a poolish started and don't have enough flour to finish.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1032 on: February 06, 2023, 10:23:54 pm »
What you said Cause now makes a whole lot of sense!

I hope the book makes the game more fun!

I think I get the whole slapping the 8 year old thing.   I played a simple game with someone,  they stunk,  no challenge.  No fun. 

Last thing I bought was candy for work.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1033 on: February 10, 2023, 12:39:28 am »
Jade in all honesty the game is fun. But winning would make it that much sweater.  :) Gonna get preachy here so fair warning. If your playing to win money your better off not playing at all. People who play to win money get desperate. They become as easy to read as a weiner And Jane book.

Need to work on my snacking bad habit. I can eat as much popcorn as I want. So I tried some off the shelf popcorn flavors. The two I got are offal. They both contain MSG. MSG is a double edged sword. It makes both the good and bad flavors stand out. So I got real tomato, sour cream , white cheddar and mozzarella cheese powder on the way. With these four all natural powders I'll be able to mix quite a few different popcorn flavors. And if I want to break down and make a sweat coating making simple caramel isn't that hard.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1034 on: February 11, 2023, 06:34:49 pm »
Jade, don't know what to think of the two books I've started reading. The first talks about ESP. It was a big subject back in 1979 when this book was written. At least this book talks about 'tells'. Automatic physical responses to stimuli. Or what you do when you get excited. The next is teaching people to play like most of the people I play against. Way to easy to read and beat. So far they have both been disappointing.

Fourth book came in! It's all the plates ( illustrations ) from Cours de Dessin. I'm able to get most of these off line. However a good number of them have been damaged and stained.

I bought some food and stuff today.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1035 on: February 15, 2023, 09:07:39 pm »
Dog treats

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1036 on: February 16, 2023, 10:48:33 am »
Vampire insurance (some garlic)
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1037 on: February 19, 2023, 03:17:51 am »
A new personal trimmer to replace the new personal trimmer I just bought. The one I'm replacing is a Manscaped. I had a Phillips Norelco for over 30 years. It was quick and did a great job. This Manscaped is noisy and leaves a lot of hair behind. I do a better job with scissors. I fell into the hype their doing for the manscaped brand all over youtube. Its trash.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1038 on: March 07, 2023, 12:20:05 am »
An electric fan with a rechargeable lithium ion battery and it charges via an included 25w solar panel!
ImI'm counting on it being a blessing for me this coming summer.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1039 on: March 09, 2023, 01:41:21 pm »
Plumbing plumbing and more plumbing. I took back one part because it wasn't what I needed. And replaced it with another wrong part. I'll have to wait till the weekend to get the part I need. No one around here has it. This isn't my first plumbing rodeo. The house I grew up in was built in 1920. It's bathroom plumbing was from a 1950's mobile home. Finding parts to fit without doing a complete overhaul was real hit and miss. Ever watch 'This Old House'? they make plumbing look so easy. Because they have a dedicated van just for plumbing. Stocked with every possible part. All the way back to the Roman Empire.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1040 on: March 18, 2023, 08:52:01 pm »
A new pair of sandals and a set of fly traps. Weather is warming up out here and the flies are already becoming a pain.
Also bought a couple more USB solar chargers from Harbor Freight so i can speed up charging my battery banks.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1041 on: April 19, 2023, 03:43:32 am »
A big floppy sun hat. Two pair of large plastic black framed 3D glasses. Fit over my glasses. A yard of white sunshade material. And three bars of Dr. Squatch manly soaps. Pine Tar. Alpine sage and Cedar Citrus.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1042 on: April 21, 2023, 04:23:43 pm »
Cargo pants.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1043 on: April 21, 2023, 05:44:10 pm »
Jeans.
Why are these so expensive?
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1044 on: April 29, 2023, 04:52:47 pm »
Four books.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1045 on: April 30, 2023, 11:14:03 am »
Food for my moms birthday,  late by 1 day. 
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1046 on: May 06, 2023, 05:57:30 pm »
Another book! Five text books now. Getting tired of watching 30 minute vids on Youtube that say they are about something and then spend most of the video saying they are about something. Then two minutes on what the video is supposed to be about.

Unfortunately there are books like this too. I own one. The book repeated itself over and over without actually giving any instructions on how to do the very reason you would buy the book. Only the results of doing it.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1047 on: May 06, 2023, 08:55:04 pm »
A bottle of Sprecher root beer soda for $1.04.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1048 on: May 13, 2023, 08:12:16 pm »
Bought a hand full of CD's from a resale shop. 50 cents each.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2023, 01:45:18 pm »
Another used lawn mower. Seems it doesn't matter what i buy. New or used they only last three years.