Author Topic: Skyrim - Ulfric or Empire? (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Lonato Kajika

• Species: Vulpine
Skyrim - Ulfric or Empire? (Potential Spoilers)
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:08:21 pm »
I've been investing most of my waking hours not spent working playing Skyrim. I am going to be choosing soon between the Empire and Ulfric, and I will be choosing the Empire, but I wanted to see what others thought on the topic.
While Ulfric is an awesome guy who wants what's best for Skyrim, and not taking any crap from others which I find commendable (especially as I love the "Rebel Against" themes), I feel seceding from the Empire when the Thalmor politics are rocky will only lead to a Thalmor invasion and possible occupation that would not be good for the rest of the races and would do more harm.
What do you think?

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
Re: Skyrim - Ulfric or Empire? (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »
Ulfric doesn't want khajiits and argonians in his city so he kinda got a bit... Beheaded... I always pick argonian so yeah, I don't wanna side with the guy that forbids entrance to them to the city + the argonian docks. Also he doesn't let Khajiit in so he's basically a furry and scally hater and racist... Literally.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 10:52:48 pm »
i always join the empire in that game. its been awhile since iv read about the elder scrolls lore, so i have forgotten quite a bit.

as for the reason i join the empire its just that they seem far more respectable than the rebels. even though they were getting ready to behead my character the guy who tried a little to get my character off the list, and then apologized when who ever that girl was refused seemed like a good person so might as well gone with him.

also the only way to fight the thalmor would be to unite as an empire and strike back, yes they might have been more powerful but if everyone was willing to work and fight hard against the thalmor the empire might actually win. the stormcloaks should have worked something out with the empire instead of just trying to leave.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:47:10 pm »
Ulfric doesn't want khajiits and argonians in his city so he kinda got a bit... Beheaded... I always pick argonian so yeah, I don't wanna side with the guy that forbids entrance to them to the city + the argonian docks. Also he doesn't let Khajiit in so he's basically a furry and scally hater and racist... Literally.
I've never thought of Ulfric that way, but I did manage to change his mind about Khajiits!
I've played through Skyrim multiple times and usually went with Empire. Three times, I went with rebels. Twice, I didn't pick a side.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline PeachSoda

• Species: Rabbit
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 03:22:53 pm »
It sort of depends. I usually play as khajiit or dunmer, but as a khajiit, I usually opt to skip the civil war questline all together. That being said...

Because the dunmer, at one point, had a god-king too (the Vivec/Talos parallels are strong) my dunmer character joins the stormcloaks to fight for their religious freedom, not caring if they hate her personally or not. As for the empire, I have to echo most of what was already said. There are a few bad eggs, but imperials as a whole, seem well-organized, level headed and tolerant.

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 03:06:03 pm »
I usually play as Argonian or Khajiit. I almost always side with Ulfric, mainly because he's more of a grass-roots leader. He's got problems when it comes to social issues - "Skyrim elongs to the Nords!" But I feel like he's better than the Empire for the fact that he seems more respectful of personal freedoms. With the Empire paying homage to the Thalmor, losing its grip on the populace, and overreaching its power in personal liberties, I usually side against them. I do like that they're more organized and professional though.

Plus, I'm pretty sure they drop more gold when killed. Might be wrong.
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 09:08:54 pm »
...he seems more respectful of personal freedoms.
... for the Nords. I don't think e really cares about the personal freedoms of other races.

Offline Solo (The Lone Wolf)

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 06:34:09 pm »
So I am a bit obsessed with ES so this reply may go on apologies in advance :). either way skyrim is screwed due to the aldmeri dominion seeing themselves as above all other races if the dovahkiin helps the storm cloaks then the aldmeri dominion will steam plow them because your talking about a small place with a low population density versus the elven provinces which largely outnumber the nords by quite a large amount.however due to the elves opinion that they are superior to the other races of Nirn they will break the white gold concordat and again steam plow through the province with the empire in control however with the whole of the empire that task would be a whole lot more troublesome meaning 1:0 for the empire over the stormcloaks. next skyrim is a trading town clearly due to the lack of farms looks like a lot but there is hardly enough to go around without the import from other places such as cyradil. they are again screwed whereas the empire would still have the imports coming in via the East empire trading company meaning skyrim would not starve to death especially during frost mauth (or the winter) that is why skyrim would be weaker to attacks under ulfric.but even if that wasn't true skyrim is better ruled under the fist of the empire than of the traitor ulfric who used religion to impact the nords into fighting sort of like a modern day organisation but... I will leave that at that to save offence. if you speak to some of ulfrics supporters family you would understand why the empire is a much better choice ulfric is a racist who doesn't care about anyone who isn't a nord. in a snippet of defense for him skyrim used to be primarily nords but other races came and so forth when talking to one dude he says how ulfric wouldn't lift a finger to save a caravan of khajiit or argonians from bandits. more holes in ulfric he killed the high king in a highly unfair and dishonourable way indeed the high king can't shout ,yet he kills him in that manor he only really wants true sons and daughters of skyrim in his army which explains the lack of diversity in the stormcloak army. which is also a weakness due to racial abilities which is just ignored he treats dark elves and argonians like slaves and subhumans. lastly gonna defend one stormcloaks one bit for a guy with no experiance in war he does a fairly good job where as the empire if they sent a few more men could have ended the rebellion so much more easily the empire is 5:2 up so I conclude the empire is the most logical and safest choice to make.

P.s the choice that I'd make kill the dark brotherhood let Victoria Vicci marry peace between both factions but Bethesda decided to overlook that one.
#PutObsidianInControl (fallout new vegas thought of everything they decided it's your adventure see how it plays out bethesdas doesn't really give any real choice which saddens me)
P.P.S where are the other races children wasted opportunity want to see a khajiit fluffball
Any who stuck around watch Zaric Zhark(something can quite remember just search that bit) if you are interested in ES lore he knows what he's talking about :)

End Of Rant

Would like to ask why do a lot of ES fans hate dragon age :( ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:26:12 am by Solo (The Lone Wolf) »

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 06:55:43 pm »
Holy run-on sentence, Batman. Can you please try and use some more punctuation in your posts? Because that is almost unreadable as it is.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Solo (The Lone Wolf)

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 09:06:32 am »
In my defence it's why I'm failing English but I will attempt to fix it

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 01:04:34 pm »
Plus, I'm pretty sure they drop more gold when killed. Might be wrong.

I play with the mentality: "Never pass up the opportunity to murder and loot Thalmor."

Honestly, if it weren't for the high elves I would likely side with the Empire. Then again, if it weren't for the Thalmor Ulfric wouldn't be revolting, now would he?

I try to stay neutral, as I don't believe either side has entirely honest intentions or that escalating the conflict would better the people of Skyrim. I'll stick with my other quests and jobs, along with my vendetta against the Thalmor.

My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axelfox

• Species: Red fox
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 04:16:57 pm »
I'm really not certain what side to choose. On the one hand,one side seems to want to violate the civil rights of people to worship,but on the other side wants freedom to worship as they please. Plus too,that many of the Stormcloaks seem racist jerks. I was using my Khajiit toon one time and a stormcloak said,get away from me cat.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 11:10:01 am »
Yeah, They both have blatant problems but honestly, I'm more interested in seeing what they make the Dragonborn out to be in ES6. Since it's his decision how the war goes on to do, how would they decide what happens to Skyrim in that manner. If they even acknowledge it at all even.

The Stormcloaks are in it for the Nords, plain and simple. They want the right to worship Tiber Septum(I think)/Talos as they please. Keeping out Kajit/Argonians from their cities as well as others they see as inferior or untrustworthy. Sure they got the Patriotic aspect to it and that can make things seem right, but right and wrong are the same thing for different reasons.

The Imperials on the other hand, simply want to avoid the war with the Thalmor who are clearly superior in both numbers and equipment. It certainly doesn't help that they just wanted to execute you for no real reason at the start but again everyone is different. (we all can agree that that general lady is a huge jerk if not worse.) Still, both sides helped you escape Helgen, so at the end of the day it still isn't easy to say who should be helped or not.

Ultimately it's the Character's choice, and I say Character and not player because it is a Role Playing Game, and while you certainly can play yourself that's just limiting the dozens of other story-lines you exclude yourself from. It's the Character's choices that determine the outcome, and as such it would depend on who or what you're playing as.

Personally I tend to avoid that whole deal simply because it's not really my business in most cases, after all what Argonaian or Kajit would typically have personal stakes in the war?
Mate of WereCat

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 11:21:57 am »

Personally I tend to avoid that whole deal simply because it's not really my business in most cases, after all what Argonaian or Kajit would typically have personal stakes in the war?
Well any of the ones that lived or worked in Skyrim, for a start. Or those with Nord friends. Or those with empathy to other people.
Plus the Thalmor and the Khajiit have some pretty strong links (if built on the Thalmor being liars to the khajiit, they are still there). And the Thalmor are involved in the war.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Axelfox

• Species: Red fox
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 02:58:35 pm »
I think there is a quest known as season unending.