Author Topic: Grill in steaks 🐺 :3  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
Grill in steaks 🐺 :3
« on: March 07, 2015, 11:53:35 am »
So I'm a southern bred Coon and I love my steak <3 however as of late I've ran out of recipes and would like to find a sweet but spicy rub to use on my beautifully picked flanks! Well that and maybe a rub for my slabs of ribs too :3 Slow smoke is what I go and ill try anything once. My favorite mix for my steaks so far is a mix of garlic salt powder, cummin, papricka, and salt and pepper. Easy to make and fairly sweet on steaks and ribs when slow smoked with a spray of apple juice every flip. :)
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Grill in steaks 🐺 :3
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:26:11 pm »
Ohh, glad I'm eating wile I'm reading.  :) That sounds real good.  I prefer mine slow smoked and naked. Nothing but a bit of salt, pepper and garlic. Sometimes just salt.

An old restaurant  trick is to brim them for 24 hours in tea. No stronger than you'd make to drink. The tea really tenders the meat without adding a flavor. works great on round stake and other tough cuts.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Shiru_Da_Koon

• Species: Werecoon
  • The wind can't blow without having a scent
  • Male
Re: Grill in steaks 🐺 :3
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:29:39 pm »
Really?!  I've absolutely never heard of that. When I get stateside I'm definitely gunna try that. It would be nice for a change of taste in life and maybe it'll compliment a tall glass of sweet tea ;p
With my Mother's Love and Wisdom and my Father's Strength and Discipline... This I Will Defend...