Author Topic: How "girly" are fem furs?  (Read 34992 times)

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
Re: How "girly" are fem furs?
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2008, 09:53:35 pm »
You know what's funny?  I'm a girly boy but most of my friends are tomboy girls.  Maybe we meet somewhere in between. 

Same here! I find myself in that bizarre middle ground of "feminine strait guy who likes tomboys."
It can make relationships a tad confusing....
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Black Foot

• Me in my Wolf form
  • Male
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2008, 09:48:19 pm »
the only manly stuff that I like is wrestling and football but I do like more girly stuff like some soap operas, tv shows i.e. Rachael Ray, Ellen De Generous, girly attire and how they walk.
In Memory of Balto the one who saved a dog sled person & his dogs from cold temperatures.

Pets name: SandStorm
Adopt your own!

TO all that lives in the Darkness be proud of it and to those who

Offline Irina

• Female
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2008, 12:54:59 am »
old topic, BUT:

I'm prettyyy girly - not in a "Preppy" way, but I like dressing up. I'm not much into dresses, but I own 3 - I love wearing skirts IF I have brightly colored tights under them. I wear jeans alot, and shirts with band logos; thats my usual attire. However, I spend over an hour getting ready every morning and I won't leave the house without makeup on. It's a baaad habbit.. e.e;
meow (;

Offline hyperferret

• Juuust keep swimming~~~
  • Female
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2008, 10:03:47 pm »
I'm somewhat tomboyish- I reject shirts and dresses unless there are jeans underneath. My ears are pierced, but I only wear studs unless I'm cosplaying. And I don't follow fashion at all- I prefer my own unique mix-and-don't-match style, which includes whatever colors I feel like at the time (though I won't be caught wearing pink EVER. EEEEVER.)
I paint my nails occasionally, but only to keep from biting them. And I only use purple, black, or just clear.

Hmmm, let's see... My hair isn't even all that girly. It's really short and layered. SHORT. Like only a few inches.
I can't think of any more examples. ^-^"

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2009, 12:37:43 am »
imma tomboy. i hate makeup & girly things like jewelry. D:< sometimes i wear a ring or a band, but its a mood ring or a badass band.
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Morroke

« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2009, 06:19:16 pm »
My ears are pierced, but I only wear studs unless I'm cosplaying.

Same here :P Butttttt I ended up just sealing the holes and not wearing earrings at all at one point, thanks to my choice of characters and my love of accuracy.

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2009, 11:21:43 pm »
old topic, BUT:

I'm prettyyy girly - not in a "Preppy" way, but I like dressing up. I'm not much into dresses, but I own 3 - I love wearing skirts IF I have brightly colored tights under them. I wear jeans alot, and shirts with band logos; thats my usual attire. However, I spend over an hour getting ready every morning and I won't leave the house without makeup on. It's a baaad habbit.. e.e;

Oh, don't degrade yourself for it. We have all seen worse hygiene habits. 

Recently, I read an article about how WOW players are more likely to engage in gender-switching in-game, than in real life.  If you ask me, the fandom sees something similar.  In my experience, there is something about creating an alternate version of yourself that allows you to express a more sexually experimental/audacious side of yourself.

Article here: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001369.php
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Arc

• Say g'bye to yer kneecaps, chucklenuts!
  • Female
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08:31 pm »
Recently, I read an article about how WOW players are more likely to engage in gender-switching in-game, than in real life.  If you ask me, the fandom sees something similar.  In my experience, there is something about creating an alternate version of yourself that allows you to express a more sexually experimental/audacious side of yourself.

Gender-bending on WoW is actually far different. Most people don't consider WoW characters as a persona, or anything; just as a character to play in the game. 90% of males that I've met that play female characters do it because the male versions of many of the races look very awkward/ugly/just plain stupid, (I'm looking at you, Draenei.) The idea that "they're going to be staring at the back of that character all day, so they might as well enjoy it," has been said by some people as well. :p

Um, it's been a while since I've last posted in here. I guess I'm still rather neutral, but I typically lean towards the feminine side.

Offline roukan

• Writer/Gamer
  • Female
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2009, 06:23:46 pm »

Gender-bending on WoW is actually far different. Most people don't consider WoW characters as a persona, or anything; just as a character to play in the game. 90% of males that I've met that play female characters do it because the male versions of many of the races look very awkward/ugly/just plain stupid, (I'm looking at you, Draenei.) The idea that "they're going to be staring at the back of that character all day, so they might as well enjoy it," has been said by some people as well. :p

Um, it's been a while since I've last posted in here. I guess I'm still rather neutral, but I typically lean towards the feminine side.

*semi-offtopic comment*
Being a tomboy sort myself, I always preferred playing the male characters in all games. When I made one in WoW, I was kind of basing it off of that. Maybe I'm one of the odd people out who chose a male character because I myself tend to act more like a guy...however, as I became more involved in the furry fandom, and with the fact that I've been playing my character for over 3 years now (as a male), I decided that I DID consider my WoW character almost as close to another fursona as my actual fursona and wanted him to be a female (I also started thinking the female taurens were much cuter than I originally thought haha). Paid the $15 and got my wish. Just wanted to add my two cents on that (though I know it doesn't speak for most of the population I'm sure).

*back on the topic train*
I recently went shopping for clothes (for the first time in maybe 3 years that didn't just involve buying new funny t-shirts) and still find myself being more comfortable in and attracted to how men's clothing looks and fits. The other day my girlfriend asked me "Is the only thing you're wearing from a woman's section a bra?" I hadn't really thought about it before then, but it was true hah. I don't even wear women's underwear...I like boxers. I don't even understand how other girls stand to wear normal women's underwear (it's so fitted and uncomfortable) or how girls can wear makeup and not feel like it's this whole second layer of skin.

Though I suppose really thinking about it, personality wise, I am a girl in all other aspects (I cry at sad movies, I don't know jack about cars, hate football, etc) except my nerdiness/geekiness (cause while nerdy and geeky girls have increased in recent years, it still surprises a lot of guys to see girls walk into say...a comic book shop).

FCWf3acdw A+ C* D+++ H++ M- P++ R T- W Z- Sf+ RLLW a- cmn++++ d e+ f++ h++ i++ j+ p+ sf+

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:14 pm »
I don't think I've said anything here...

Well, I'm a guy, and I guess I'm pretty neutral really. Hate stereotyped anything really, so... :D   
I fit in with girls fine, with guys fine, just whatever/whoever. But I don't look feminine in any aspect...I guess behavior wise, I tend to be a little more "feminine" than most guys. But again, gender roles suck anyway.  :P

And I have to say...most of the comic book people I know are girls, actually. May just be the odd group I run with most of the time. (:
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline WaichiMak

• I likes me some green men
  • Female
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2009, 07:30:41 pm »
Female here, not girly at all, but not exactly a tomboy either. (I think of tomboys as enjoying sports or playing outdoors, I'm more of the geeky sits-in-front-of-the-computer-and-plays-with-legos tomboy =p)
I pride myself on feeling like I don't need make-up, and knowing that it can be bad for you over a long period of time. (My mum won't go anywhere without make-up on. >_<;)
If we keep clean, stay healthy, and take care of our skin, people shouldn't need make-up, IMO.

I find gender roles somewhat obnoxious, and am more attracted to personalities than physical forms.
(Like, I tend to gravitate towards cute/feminine types, but I'm not limited to that type, or any certain gender.)

I've actually gotten on a soapbox several times about how artists represent anthros/aliens that are female, but not mammals. I'm sorry, reptilian/fish/insect/ type anthros or aliens should not have breasts. There are other ways of clueing the audience/reader into the fact that the being is female than simply sticking boobs and fake eyelashes on it. >=( *end mini-rant*
"Stars Are Ghosts Before Our Eyes..." - Moi

"I hear their passionate music, read the words that touch my heart, I gaze into feverish pictures, the secrets that set them apart. I watch their images flicker, bringing light to a lifeless screen, I walk through their beautiful buildings, and I wish I had their dreams. " - 'Mission' by Rush

Offline Kohitsu Mori

• I was chasing a pack of wolves, trying to belong.
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2009, 10:58:21 am »
Sometimes I'm afraid to admit it, but yeah, I'm a tomboy, always have been. I've never grown up with a big/little sister (always wanted one, but then my girlfriends became like sisters to me instead). I've got my brother who's only 13 months and 13 days younger than me (and another random fact, my 13th birthday was on Friday the 13th O_o), and most people think we are fraternal twins, LOL! I remember one day my brother said to me when I asked him if I was a tomboy, "You're the most tomboyish girl I've ever met."

It offended me a little at the time, but afterwards I thought "It's who I am, so why be in denial?"

As for what makes me a tomboy;
*I NEVER wear make up (I went to a spa once and they put all kinds of make up on me, it just did NOT look like the real me)
*I have short hair (when I was a kid I loved it long, but now adays it feels better to have short hair, and easier to manage)
*I'm a gamer (though I'm sure there are feminine gamers out there)
*I only like to dress for comfort, ie. tshirts, pants, etc. (I HATE WEARING SKIRTS AND DRESSES UGH!!!! I'd rather wear a suit than a dress any day!)
*I never wear jewelry, (ok, my dog collar doesn't count as jewelry, lol! And even if I like collecting mood necklaces and rings, it's just because they're shiney, pretty, or colorful, and I usually never wear them. -_-; )
*I engage in pervy conversations with guyfriends and girlfriends most girls would find 'unlady like'
*Don't like to play sports competively (... ok, DDR doesn't count! LOL), but tossing around a ball or just running on the grass (and howling may I add) is exhilirating

Not to mention, when someone meets me for the first time, 75% of the time they mistaken me for a BOY. Most of the time I like to joke about it though and not take it too seriously. It's been happening alot at the YMCA recently, I just joined a month ago...

Lady at desk: *scans my membership card* Ok, and so you're Tommy?
Me: ... No, Tommy is my brother. O_o
Lady at desk: Oh... OH I'm sorry. o.o;;;;;;;;;;

I laugh at their incapability to detect my real gender, MWAHAHAHAHAA!! XD It's like a fun guessing game =P

Offline Nicholai

• Male
    • FA
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2009, 12:32:04 pm »

I laugh at their incapability to detect my real gender, MWAHAHAHAHAA!! XD It's like a fun guessing game =P

I've gotten this ever since 4th grade. I've always been really androgynous, and yes, I always enjoy watching people freak out when they get my gender wrong. I can wear a scarf to hide my masculine neckline, but my voice is to low to get away with it.  :P
-Amanda Palmer
-------
---

Offline Allie_Kat

• Female
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2009, 06:53:28 pm »
with me it kinda depends on the mood im in when im getting ready, and to a point where i will be going. some days i feel like being girly and will take time to put on makeup, do something with my hair and wear a skirt or something equally feminine. other days im happy in jeans and an old t-shirt

Offline Tyla

• New Here!
  • Male
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2009, 05:30:59 pm »
I'm a guy in real life, but I suppose I could speak in this thread... some have already.  :o

I would consider myself... well, extremely femenine. Some people say to me they're surprised I'm physically male for the most part.

I dislike all sports (except for athletics), I dislike cars (I don't even want a license and would rather grab a regular bike), weapons are something I just stay away from, even dulled weaponry that is there just for plain novelty, regular violence is something I stay away from too, I'm overly self-concious about my size, my skin is fairly smooth, I'm a complete hair freak who prefers long hair, purple/pink is my favourite colour, romance-based things are something I love, I'm extremely emotional, I prefer to be the cute one, and there's others but yeah. :p

Though, I have noticed that the female furries I know are commonly more masculine and the male furries I know are commonly more femenine.

Offline Captain Furvert

• Male
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2009, 12:11:06 am »
Well, I originally just read this topic with the intention of gender-role-busting, but then (luckily :-[) I remembered how to not be "that one random jerk on the internet", and decided that other people have already covered the gender-role-busting. So, here goes.

I am a very feminine guy. I admit it. I like clothes and hair way more than... Any other guy I know, really. I tend to wear tighter, more fitted outfits (I almost always have a pair of dark, skinny jeans on hand). I enjoy emotion-stories as much as the next, and I hate playing or watching sports (though I have a healthy respect for the physical conditioning necessary for it). I really enjoy discussing interior decoration, and I'm a vegetarian.

Then, on an oddball note, I'm an absolute and complete military history FREAK, and I love studying firearms and tactics from all throughout the world, no matter how old or innovative. I also play airsoft, copious amounts of violent video games, and take martial arts classes. Then, I go home and spend half an hour deliberating over what outfit I want to wear to school the next day.

It makes for an interesting daily life.

But... Yeah, that's me, I guess. I'm a really odd mash-up of feminine, masculine, furry, and just plain me. It really frustrates me that I have to repress so much of it when I'm in school and such, for fear of being ostracized. Even most of my friends don't really get it. Luckily, I've been becoming very close with a couple of very open-minded people recently, so, who knows? I may strike lucky with them and they'll be okay with me being who I am.

-Captain Furvert
Why? Because I like being cliche, and then screwing it all up with furries.

All my thanks to everyone who runs and supports this forum! You've given me a haven to express myself and sort my own psyche out in a place where people are a far sight more accepting, and I've made mountains of personal growth since I've joined. So, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul!

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2009, 04:15:56 pm »
there have been MANY, MANY times i have been called a guy. Xbox live, internet, phone.....but i am infact 100% female. im just very tomboyish & happen to have a kinda deep voice (when i just talk very low, it DOES sound like a guy).

hell i made a rant on my Xbox Live account about being a female gamer, & gamers who read it are like "whoa...thats intense." XD;
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2009, 07:47:55 pm »
I might not be a female, but my sister is (and I turned her into a furry) - she's a total tomboy and lacks many of the female stereotypes.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Wolfysnacks

• RELOADING LIKE THIS... IS A REVOLUTION!
  • Female
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wolfysnacks/
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2009, 02:19:36 am »
Ahaha how interesting! How boyish most girls are, and likewise how girlish a lot of boys are. (Furries, anyways.) I am a female, and definitely a tomboy. :c My friends think of me as an annoying little brother, but it's kinda cool to be "one of the guys," I guess ahaha.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2009, 01:39:07 pm »
How boyish most girls are, and likewise how girlish a lot of boys are. (Furries, anyways.)
I'd sort of agree there. I mean, I'm not really all that masculine. Physiologically, perhaps, due to the fact I like to work out and am trying to bulk up, but I don't really participate in any of the stereotypical male activities (be they macho guy or modern geeky guy stuff, I do more of the 70/80's nerdy guy stuff I do + working out)...
I don't like to watch sports, I don't like to play sports, I don't go chasing after girls, I don't like those gender-heavy advertisements, I'm not interested in "hardcore gaming" (I'd rather modify games), I don't spend my time hacking other people's stuff for "teh lulz"...
There are a few more stereotypically "guy" things I do like, such as messing around with the actual circuit boards of stuff, game modding, and vehicular engineering.
On my more stereotypically feminine side, I enjoy those rather emotional conversations, I have a lot of platonic friendships with females I know (And the person I fell in love with, I fell in love with her personality: she'd be the perfect female wolf and I'd be the perfect male wolf...), I like cute things (wolf/husky puppies! :3) [on the other hand, I also think things that lots of females don't think are cute are cute, such as komodos, tanks, and computers - once some guy made a battleship for some game, and I was like, "omg lol! that's so cute! X3" and they were like... "D:"...]...
I'm not really interested in clothes or hair or makeup or anything like that - my only requirements is that it's either a plain t-shirt or a t-shirt with a wolf on it, and I like my hair short and fuzzy and worry-free. And for me (as the wolf I am), I see perfume is more of something you spray on the ground and inhale deeply, then roll in it, intoxicated with the scent, rather than actually putting on yourself.

All in all, I'm not really so much female-human-feminine as much as I am male-wolf-feminine. Despite what the stereotype is, it's not the alpha male wolf that leads the pack, its the alpha female wolf. She might be smaller physically, but male wolves are generally submissive to their mates. This is well representative of even me and the one whom I love (She's a wolf like me too)... ^^
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Kruzer

• Male
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2009, 06:41:03 am »
This is a very interesting discussion. Very pleasing to see gender roles being bent :D

As for me, I'd consider myself to be a healthy mix of both feminine and masculine. Physically, i'm more feminine (really skinny, dress like an art-fag ect) but i can be quite masculine of mind, particularly when leadership is involved. Hate sport but love looking at sportsmen and athletic types. Not really into cars or anything but i know enough to get me by.

In a nutshell, i'm feminine when in a submissive mood, masculine when i want to dominate. Woof!

Offline Blue Wolf

• Female
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2009, 04:36:08 pm »
I`m female, don`t wear make up or jewelery or dresses. I prefer jeans. Sometimes I like watching sports. So I`m a tomboy, I think...

Offline Tag

• Female
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2009, 05:27:28 am »
Alot of days I do wear makeup (foundation, eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow) and I straighten my hair all nice like.  Somedays I just don't have the time for such things.  There are times where I don't even brush my hair after a shower.  ha!  Extreme laziness.

My fashion... I cannot say.  I tend to have a new style daily.  One day, I'll dress like a hippie lol.  Another, I'll be looking like a Hot Topic model.  But I do still look semi girly in most of my styles.

The only jewlery I wear is my wedding ring.  I never liked bracelets, rings, necklaces etc.

)0(

Offline Kaw

• Female
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »
this is old.. but i had the urge to post  (:

uhh..im really girly, actually. =)
i love dressing up, wearing make-up & jewerly, etc.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:03 pm »
Sorry, Anna. But this topic closed as we have a 6 month gravedigging rule. ;)