Author Topic: proud to be... human?  (Read 27596 times)

Offline Bloodtooth

• Dread Pirate
  • Male
Re: proud to be... human?
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 02:27:42 pm »
I am proud to be Human.

Humanity, despite its faults, its terrible attrocities, its mistakes, has achieved alot. At times, Humanity pulls together and does some wonderful things. Huge disasters that overcome petty political difficulties bring us together (Except seemingly New Orleans, but that argument is for the controversy thread if anyone wants to have it). We come together, as one, and help the people. The Scientific community overcomes these boundries too, to solve our problems, research things like Cold Fusion for our power, breakthrough medical treatments, and all sorts, with scientists from Russia, America, Europe, China, and all over the world working as one. The best of humanity is a beutiful unity of people working for thier goals above race, religion, or political belief. The worst of it is genocide, hatred and war.

Humanity is a giant, living organism. We have our problems, but it is our own duty to bring up our young well, to overcome these simplistic, unbased, bigoted beliefs. To explain the world to them, so they don't get drawn in by unanswered questions, which the worst people promise to answer - with hatred and lies. They prey on the weak. Make sure you are not one of thier victims.

Humanity, could achieve so much more if we worked for the common good. We have proved we can, so why not do it more often?

Pets name: Harry
Welcome to the abandoned land
Come on in, child; Take my hand
Here there's no work or play
Only one bill to pay
There's just five words to say
As you go down, down, down

You're gonna burn in hell!

Offline Fen-Fen

• lol u mad?
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 03:26:11 pm »
I fear the news media paints a bad picture of humanity more times
than not with War, Terrorism, and crime. Bad news sells unfortunately.

I feel one would find in reality the majority of humanity do good or mind
their own business. Just wanting to live and let live.

It's easy to think the animals live a simple life with only simple needs, but
the law of the jungle so to speak can be very cruel, starvation, sickness, and
death.

Perhaps it's animation or true life adventure stories that give
a view that many animals have a idealistic life style. They rarely show
the reality of life. Generally it's those on top of the food chain
that have the least to worry. But even those have to find food
often to survive.

The furry fandom is a fun fantasy. To have a world with humanoid
animals of various kinds, and shapes would make for a interesting life
indeed.

But we all have our faults, and we should do what we can to
set a good example for others, and try to help our enviorment .
Perhaps it will make life better for all. Encluding our animal friends.

I will hop off my soapbox now.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

That was VERY well-put and exactly how I see it, OR.
Totally awesome. <3
And I’ll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom,
I’m as green as the ring on my little cold finger,
I’ve never known the lovin' of a man,
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 08:19:05 pm »
Human and proud of it.  I'd rather be human and imagine having animal traits than an animal with no other thoughts than food, shelter, and "procreation of the species".

I think that if animals had the same mental abilities as humans, then they wouldn't be so alluring to those that think of the human race as being nasty.  Think about it...

Humans can be greedy and want material possesions for no other reason than to show it off (though I believe a small amount of greed helps drive us to do better)
There are animals that also collect things for show and hoarding.  I.E. Ferrets, or penguins that give useless pebbles to their mates.

Humans are always trying to expand
Animals will also try to expand as much as their surroundings will allow with adequate food and shelter

Humans will wage wars on other nations for territory rights
Animals can also be very territorial and will move in to another's turf and try to claim dominance

Some humans can be selfish
Show me an animal that will share it's food with another that is starving. In the animal kingdom, it's survival of the fittest, not share and share alike.

Some humans don't care much for their enviroment
Animals could care less what they are doing to it, so long as there's food to eat. 

If humans didn't have the intelect to reign in on these more or less "primal" instincts, then there would be much more war, polution, greed, etc. There are some bad people out there, but I think the race as a whole is pretty spectacular in how far we have evolved.  The only reason humans have become so dominant is our way's of adapting.  We've moved beyond genetic adaptations to technological ones that have made our lives better.  If animals had the same inteligance, I suspect they'd act much the same as we do.

Also... opposable thumbs!!! *twidles thumbs* :D
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Mangix_Pandaren

• Male
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 11:19:22 pm »
I am proud to be martian!!!
Ooooops...I mean human...yes human! >> <<

But rly lol .

If I wasn't human than I wouldn't be able to enjoy what I enjoy now!
Like the furry fandom for example :P
Put on them big girl panties and pull em up!
Happily loving on a certain peach <3

Offline Streak

• I like money
  • Male
    • Streak's Livejournal
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 08:52:52 pm »
Human and proud of it.  I'd rather be human and imagine having animal traits than an animal with no other thoughts than food, shelter, and "procreation of the species".

I think that if animals had the same mental abilities as humans, then they wouldn't be so alluring to those that think of the human race as being nasty.  Think about it...

Humans can be greedy and want material possesions for no other reason than to show it off (though I believe a small amount of greed helps drive us to do better)
There are animals that also collect things for show and hoarding.  I.E. Ferrets, or penguins that give useless pebbles to their mates.

Humans are always trying to expand
Animals will also try to expand as much as their surroundings will allow with adequate food and shelter

Humans will wage wars on other nations for territory rights
Animals can also be very territorial and will move in to another's turf and try to claim dominance

Some humans can be selfish
Show me an animal that will share it's food with another that is starving. In the animal kingdom, it's survival of the fittest, not share and share alike.

Some humans don't care much for their enviroment
Animals could care less what they are doing to it, so long as there's food to eat. 

If humans didn't have the intelect to reign in on these more or less "primal" instincts, then there would be much more war, polution, greed, etc. There are some bad people out there, but I think the race as a whole is pretty spectacular in how far we have evolved.  The only reason humans have become so dominant is our way's of adapting.  We've moved beyond genetic adaptations to technological ones that have made our lives better.  If animals had the same inteligance, I suspect they'd act much the same as we do.

Also... opposable thumbs!!! *twidles thumbs* :D

Ya. Exactly.
I'm very proud to be human.

Offline Adrius

• Rule every moment. Seize every day.
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 08:57:34 am »
I am proud to be human.

The way I see it, humanity does a lot of things that are very wrong. We've got greed, war, racism, materialism, destruction of the planet, the list could go on. Most of these things, in usually smaller ways, are present in the animal kingdom(not including humans) as well.

So what makes us different? I say it's the ability to stand up to these wrongs and say that this needs to change. Granted, some people just don't want to see the bad things in this world and shut themselves off to it, but there are many people who are fighting day and night for causes close to their heart. The day I see a wolf tell me that war needs to end, i'll listen and stand by his side just as any man(or woman for that matter). So I guess that's what makes me proud to be human. That we can make a difference in life by some of the simplest things, even if it's just keeping a positive attitude.

Also, even with humanity's accumulation of technology, we've still got so many things going for us. We've got the wondrous world of music, the beauty of art, sculpting and writing. Mankind, in all it's 'evil' has created some really wonderful things, you could say that some of them are divine, as I like to believe, but you can't deny how amazing some of these creations are.

*pants*

Ok, i'm done. Hopefully that wasn't too rambling. (:

"Like reflections on the page
The world's what you create."
-Dream Theater "Wither"

Offline McMajik

• Species: Variable
  • Silly Majik tried to do magic, now it's a birdy.
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 03:51:49 pm »
I am not proud to be human. Not at all.

Humanity fits the definition of a virus - it uses the resources of the body it inhabits to multiply until the body can no longer support it. The whole concept of space exploration - Humanity spreading.

Humans make clothing out of the skin of dead animals, and make a point of enjoying eating burnt animal corpses.

Humans breed animals into captivity, not granting them a single day of freedom, their only purpose in life being to grow big enough to be eaten,  until they are all killed, cooked and eaten. Its disgusting.

Watch the video to evolution, by Korn - it raises another point. Survival of the fittest doesn't apply to humans because of the cushy life most of us have.

They say everyone is born free, but nobody is really free - laws prevent that. Humans are also hateful creatures, otherwise laws wouldn't be needed.

Everyone talks about how were destroying the environment, but i don't see many people actually DOING anything big about it. (Mr X: The time to act on global warming is now! - ten years later - Mr X: The time to act on global warming is now!)

If the only reason factories aren't shut down immedietly is because people *need* the products, then doesn't that make technology very similar to a drug. You can't just immedietly give up.

Testing on animals - animals who have never done anything wrong. Its horrific. Why not test on prison convicts, or people on death row. Or do people believe that a convicted murderer destined to die still has more rights than a completely innoscent animal. Thats just wrong.

In the end, its in the human nature to want more, and to act on it irrelivent of the consequences. That in itself makes humanity evil, and has led to the state of decay the world is in now.

Rant over...
*dies*

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 10:22:52 pm »
McMajik, you have said things that I wanted to say but couldn't find the words. Thanks.

Offline TheNomeKing

• He is not Breaking; he is the Binding
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 10:55:49 am »
Agree Totally McMajik

But i do admire Humans destructive nature; purely because its a fascinating psychology, we are completely separate from any other animal in the terms of our behavior; But i believe that our destructive nature is going to be our downside and its gonna put us in a lot of trouble

So yes i am proud to be Furry but not to be human
furry code :  FMS/s4a A- C- D++ H+ M P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z Sm RL- a- c++ n d++++ e- f-- h* i+ j p++ sm

He is the darkness
He is the Void
He is the King

Offline Mercury

• Female
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:34 am »
Very interesting question and even more interesting answers.
I have seen really good arguments both in favor and against being 'proud' to be a human and I can't help but to agree both.

Humans have accomplished a lot, invented countless things - great things *and* awful things.

So as far as I am concerned: there are some people out there that really make me ashamed of being a human, just as there are quite some people that could not make me more proud about being a human.  :)

Offline Lunara_Lioness

• A Lioness who's also a Parrot.
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 07:50:24 pm »
"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty."
It is up to us to decide which terminology describes us.
Happily mated to my English Lion, Wardy. <3

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 02:25:57 am »
Old Rabbit and Narei are right.  When was the last time you saw a headline news story about a dad working hard at the office and coming home to his loving family for dinner?  Living a decent life almost never makes the news.  If anyone thinks humanity is something of which to be ashamed, then I fear that person has a skewed perception of the flaws and good points of the average person.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:28:18 am by Landrav »
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Ag.

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 01:08:04 pm »
*shrugs* I'm no more proud of the fact I'm human than of the fact I have brown hair. It's just something that is[/].

My views on humanity? This week I've spent much time with many people who are unpleasant, rude, hurtful and selfish. I've then come home and spoken to caring, sharing empathic souls whose kindness has brought tears to mine eyes. I've spent most of this week swerving directly between people who are highly contrasting examples of that which humanity can be and do.

And that's what I find both fascinating and horrifying about my own species. We're diverse, capable of both highs and lows; callous destruction and awe-inspiring creation sat side-by-side. It's incredible and it's what we all are and are capable of.
I am not a liturgical pervert dammit!

My FA account - http://www.furaffinity.net/user/koniggen/

Avatar by Neofur, thanks for the art.

Offline Kyvr

• Male
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 08:15:38 pm »
Human beings are the smartest species on the planet, but we are still pretty stupid  :P

I agree that the mass media tend to over-portray the negative aspects of humanity so much that people forget that there is good out there.

What is worse? That human beings are capable of committing evil and atrocious acts, or the tragic ability people possess to make themselves blind to the goodness of the world?

Offline PinkPlushii

• Call me Kaci! :D
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 12:32:08 pm »
While I'm not proud of some of the things humanity has done, I am proud to be a human. It was just meant to be. If I was meant to be an animal, then my creator would have birthed me as an animal, instead of a human.
The reality of it is nothing is all good or all bad. You've got a few bad people, and a lot of good people. It's just that no one wants to hear of the good stuff!
Plus, as it has been said before, humans are more like animals then we could ever imagine, and animals are just like us. Some animals are sweet and caring, and some just wanna rip your throat out, just like some people. Animals are just as diverse as people are. To say animals are all good or all bad is just like saying people are all good or all bad.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. <3

Offline Irina

• Female
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 02:25:38 pm »
Sometimes I think it would awesome to be a furry, but in the end
I would rather be a human. Although, it would be nice if there was a
device that could change you from a human to a furry whenever you
wished. ;)
meow (;

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 03:17:40 am »
I want to mention something that I did this morning. I was up really late and was playing with my cat. After a while I decided to try one of my psychic things and tried to link minds with my cat. For reference this works similar to mind reading, except it is two ways (believe it if you will or don't) and works about 80% of the time with humans, I have tested with my friends. Well I got to the point where I thought it worked. The thoughts that I felt were fairly similar to what humans think, just a little... I guess fuzzy is the best word to describe it, and extremely short attention span. It may have been my imagination, and you may not believe that stuff like that really exists but, I just thought I would share.

Oh, ya. Why I posted this here is because I this leads me to believe that animals might be capable of complex thought. Again, believe me if you will or don't, it affects my opinion none.

Offline RedneckFur

• I'm in ur barn, eatin' ur hay!
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redneckfur/
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 09:50:14 pm »
Animals would do everything that humans have done, if only given the opportunity. A million years of evolution has made us the highest of all the animals. We are more adaptable, and we can change our enviroment to suit our needs.  Belive me, if animals could, they would do the same.

Redwall novels and Disney movies have given many furs a terribly warped sense of what nature is. Its not nice, spiratual, fuzzy, and warm.  Nature is survival of the fittest. Its cold, hungy, and somtimes painful.  There is a reason that mice and rabbits breed so quickly, ya know.

Humans have the ability to think and feel. We can consider the future, and remember the past.  We can form complex thoughts.  Research shows that most animals cannot. Funny thing, its this complex thinking that gives humans the ability to hate themselves as well.

For those that hate being human, there is an alternative. Live the life of a wild animal, and all your guilt will be gone. Turn off your computer, your air conditioner. give up your car, and fast food.  I've known quite a few furs who've sworn off all modern conviences and vowed to live off the land as their wolf and fox idols do, but I've not seen any make it more than a week yet. ^__^
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:44:00 pm by RedneckFur »

Pets name: Nugget
Adopt your own!

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 11:31:38 pm »
Never mind, then. ^^
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:59:05 pm by TCD »
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline RedneckFur

• I'm in ur barn, eatin' ur hay!
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redneckfur/
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 11:36:23 pm »
I thought the same thing, after writing it, and was in the process of editing it when the forums went down :P

no probelms though. its fixed.

Pets name: Nugget
Adopt your own!

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 11:59:46 pm »
Get that alot myself. I fixed my post as to not cause drama.
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 05:52:11 am »
so if that's 'nature' then why don;t we try and change what we're like... it's possible. extremists would see that as just a really cheap excuse (i am not an extremist lol)
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 07:21:45 am »
Not as possible as you think. To change like that would mean to change your core personalities, something ingrained in you since birth and your younger years. If you could change your personality, then you'd see a lot less divorce and such in the world because people would change for the better for their mates.

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2008, 07:26:42 am »
^ not all people want to change their personality... it's a very heated debate in humankind is weather personality is nature (you're born with it and there's nothing you can do about it) or nurtured (your surroundings cause everything)

me personally? i think that it's pretty much 50-50, but it varies from person to person. it's never completely bias to one way though.

and... not all people have a mate because they truly love them... some dudes just want a dudette to dominate so that they feel bigger in themselves
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:54 am »
I pretty much agree with you. I'm just saying that once your personality is set, whether nature or nurture but I feel happens at a young age, it's almost impossible to change and don't expect to see it happen on a large scale.