Author Topic: proud to be... human?  (Read 27595 times)

Offline josh down

• Male
Re: proud to be... human?
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008, 08:47:39 am »
i suppose you got ten years on me dude... i ent gonna argue *offers paw*
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008, 01:23:10 pm »
I suppose I am a hippocrate on this subject. I love nature and always have. I love to go camping and all of that, and campground make my angry, they aren't really nature they are a patch of dirt with a bathroom usually only thirty feet or so away. I suppose I may just have to go backpacking into real woods sometime. But for as much as I want to spend time in true nature, I wouldn't sacrifice all of my human comforts and live that way forever. Maybe for a weekend, or a week at most.

Offline Melyn

• It's a pun on watermelon!
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 08:32:05 pm »
 :) I'm proud to be human. After all, only we are creative enough to create the community you are a part of, no? People are good and bad, and you can't hold the whole species accountable, in my opinion anyways. We are just another animal, in the end.
Celta.
You can do anything, if you try.

Offline missywolf

• Female
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:28 pm »
My species is a part of what I am, so yes. Sometimes I think I'd rather be another animal, but the truth is, I'd rather not be anything else but me!  :P

Sometimes I think it would awesome to be a furry, but in the end
I would rather be a human. Although, it would be nice if there was a
device that could change you from a human to a furry whenever you
wished.

You could always become a werewolf!  :D

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 01:54:21 am »
You could always become a werewolf!  :D

Haha, not quite, I remember seeing a comparison chart between furries and werewolves. They are a bit different, shapeshifters are much more like furries, as they can actually become any shape/size they please... basically and still retain all of their will power.

Anyway, back on topic. I sometimes forget that I too am human, I don't really see my self as anything most of the time (as in, I don't consider my physical being). But there's too many good and brilliant things that have come from humans to make me not want to be apart of it all, but then again, a much larger portion of humans are like what was mentioned in the first post.

The only reason I want to become an anthro is that it's something I've wanted for a long time, and it just fits me. Even though after awhile I wouldn't even notice it.
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2008, 07:42:21 pm »
i would much rather be an animal than a human.  sure, there are things i would miss, but the ups outweigh the downs.  Only humans are stupid enough to think that inventing the nuke was smart.
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline T-Fox

• Rock Your Life Away.
  • Male
    • My Furaffinity Page
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 08:56:22 am »
I've pretty much disowned humanity as a whole. I still have my friends, I'm still polite, I still try my best to be kind to all humans, because not ALL humans are bad. But I do know that we'll kill ourselves off in the near future, and that humanity in itself is losing all compassion for the rest of humanity.
Please Click on my Dragons! They need love too! ^^<br />

Offline Kayle

• Male
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 01:10:03 pm »
I've pretty much disowned humanity as a whole. I still have my friends, I'm still polite, I still try my best to be kind to all humans, because not ALL humans are bad. But I do know that we'll kill ourselves off in the near future, and that humanity in itself is losing all compassion for the rest of humanity.

amen.  i do have very good friends who are definetly human, though...
-Mark Twain

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 01:46:46 pm »
But I do know that we'll kill ourselves off in the near future, and that humanity in itself is losing all compassion for the rest of humanity.
I seriously doubt this, and feel humanity will last long into the future dispite any trials and tribulations. And just look around at all the charities, big and small. Most sensible people have at least one cause they believe in and most donate time/money to them, or would do so if they could afford it. Yeah, there are bad people out there, but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, you don't hear news reports about the guy that comes home from his successful job to his wife and kids for a family dinner. You only hear about the bad stuff because it's what get's the ratings.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:53:35 pm by Narei Mooncatt »
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2008, 02:06:04 pm »
humans are just so materialistic, selfish, greedy, nasty pieces of work that treat everything and everyone else like they don't deserve to walk the earth.

The very fact that we are even having this coversation,   proves we are better than animals are in that sense...   I mean,   think about it...    If a wolf ends up in a human city we pay hundreds of dollars to have them removed humanely and placed back into the wild unharmed.   If one of us end up in their territory they...  lets see...      Want to fill in the blanks here?

Granted humans are materialistic, selfish, greedy, nasty pieces of work.   Not arguing that,   but most of nature is the same way...  I don't think we will even see a mountain lion pondering weather or not eating the bunny it caught will somehow damage the Eco system.

Besides,   is everyone forgeting that we are APART of this plannet?   It's not like we came from the moon,  we are not strange or foreign objects to this land...

Proud to be human?   Not necessarily,  humanity lacks quite a bit,   i don't enjoy the unnatural lifestyle we have adopted for ourselves (city lifestyle).    But I'm not really negative on it either.   Weather or not i want to be human is irrelevant.  I'm a human weather i like it or not,   nothing is ever going to change that.

Offline Mange

• So -DONE- With This Place, RETIRED
  • Female
    • www.geocities.com/safa_avenda/Title.html
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:36 pm »
To all those who hate humanity, and loath being Human..please..do this for me...

1 ) Turn off your computer.GIVE It away to someone who dosnt have one so you wont be burdened with the problem of not being more humane to your fellow needing man.

2 ) Give away the rest of your 'human' possessions while your at it. If you didnt make it, with your OWN resources that you harvested, grew, killed, or whatever else, give it away because it was made with 'Part of the problem'. So strip down to your nothings and give away all your belonings...yes..even your plushies...

3 ) Walk off, but dont use the roads because you know..that's part of the problem too. Go try to find some woods and eat berries and nuts, try to kill a mouse or two and make a shelter with NOTHING but what you find around you.

Still hate being Human?

Thought not. So stop complaining about being Human and what you hate about it. Insted of complaining....DO something about it. Be 'More Green' which is apparently the new 'cool' thing to do. Try to help you fellow man, BE nice to others insted of calling everyone a 'evil mundane'.

And no, I wont listen to my own advice. I am a human...100% I love what I am, what we have accomplished. And I have no problems with it whatso ever....

Remember kids, I AM the snarky one.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/xxmangexx/
http://corliss-gallows.livejournal.com/

I is too hawt for your fandom
"Rember kids, I -AM- the snarky one...."

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 09:48:42 pm »
Ah, truly compelling arguments, but too many to quote in one reply. So I say to all! Good game! You're really bringing to mind a lot of good ideas to consider.
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Wolvenspirit

• I am a pirate. I do not need credentials.
  • Male
    • Timber's Photo Gallery
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2008, 07:06:38 am »
No, I'm not proud to be a human, any more than I am proud that I have elbows.  I am proud of my parents for raising me to be respectful, empathetic, and compassionate towards all animals.

However, I will say that I would likely find the Earth to be a much more beautiful and inviting place without most of our past "accomplishments."  Even if it means eating fresh kills by the firelight, maybe I'd be happier doing that than how I'm living now.

Say what you want about humanity in general, but that time some people/furs spend complaining about how horrible humanity is could be better spent helping out and making themselves an example of humanity's finer qualities.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a vegetarian pacifist, either.  Unless you're a self-righteous, intolerant vegetarian pacifist.

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2008, 11:03:23 am »
To all those who hate humanity, and loath being Human..please..do this for me...

"I hate being human" is easy to take apart logically. But the people who say these kinds of things aren't doing it based on logic. They're doing it because they feel hurt and upset. You can't argue someone out of that.

Say what you want about humanity in general, but that time some people/furs spend complaining about how horrible humanity is could be better spent helping out and making themselves an example of humanity's finer qualities.

I think that it's easy to say this, but harder to put it into practice. I've dealt with a lot of people who hate humanity in general, and again, it's not like they logically decided that their time would be best spent complaining. They've just seen so much hatred and nonsense that it's like they can't deal with it anymore. They're so hurt that they want to disown everyone, although they're usually willing to make exceptions for individuals.

I think that a lot of the time, the people who are like this are frustrated idealists, who really want the world to be a better place but feel like it'll never be one. And like their efforts at making it one are futile. These people can become mature idealists, who have a better understanding of what they can do and what difference it will make to someone out there. But they can't just be changed overnight by telling them to stop voicing their frustration.

Offline Kayle

• Male
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2008, 12:00:09 pm »
granted, humanity does have it's perks.  (such as opposable thumbs)  but If i woke up one day and was an animal, I wouldn't complain about it.
-Mark Twain

Offline missywolf

• Female
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2008, 09:07:30 am »
Maybe you don't have to be "proud" about it, but at least some of you should give your species more credit. After all, you are typing messages on a computer, which if you were any other species you could not do. We've evolved ahead of other species, and with that increased intelligence there are going to be both good and bad aspects.

Alsek made a good point earlier about wolves. They are not going to show any compassion for you if you are in their territory. However, not all humans are going to try to remove it humanely. Some might think the best thing to do is shoot it.

I'm annoyed by humans some times, but I can't hate them because I am one, just like all of you. I like to think that for every bad person there is a good one somewhere. :)

Yeah, there are bad people out there, but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, you don't hear news reports about the guy that comes home from his successful job to his wife and kids for a family dinner. You only hear about the bad stuff because it's what get's the ratings.
Yeah, because if that was on the news people would go "that's not news!" they want to hear the bad stuff!  :P

Offline Kayle

• Male
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2008, 01:04:55 pm »
true
-Mark Twain

Offline RedneckFur

• I'm in ur barn, eatin' ur hay!
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redneckfur/
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 12:48:55 am »

1 ) Turn off your computer.GIVE It away to someone who dosnt have one so you wont be burdened with the problem of not being more humane to your fellow needing man.

2 ) Give away the rest of your 'human' possessions while your at it. If you didnt make it, with your OWN resources that you harvested, grew, killed, or whatever else, give it away because it was made with 'Part of the problem'. So strip down to your nothings and give away all your belonings...yes..even your plushies...

3 ) Walk off, but dont use the roads because you know..that's part of the problem too. Go try to find some woods and eat berries and nuts, try to kill a mouse or two and make a shelter with NOTHING but what you find around you.

Quoted for truth. Mange is right.

If all somone can do is complain about how much they hate humans, while enjoying all of humanities creature comforts, then THEY are part of the problem too.

Pets name: Nugget
Adopt your own!

Offline BlackJoker

• Male
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 04:00:57 am »

Still hate being Human?

Thought not. So stop complaining about being Human and what you hate about it. Insted of complaining....DO something about it. Be 'More Green' which is apparently the new 'cool' thing to do. Try to help you fellow man, BE nice to others insted of calling everyone a 'evil mundane'.

And no, I wont listen to my own advice. I am a human...100% I love what I am, what we have accomplished. And I have no problems with it whatso ever....

Remember kids, I AM the snarky one.

I agree completely, I get so sick of hearing people in this fandom go on and on about "humans are evil" "I renounce my humanity!" "I don't consider myself human!" and even the occaionsional "We should kill humans to make room for animals."

Yeah as a species we ain't too bright sometimes, but we've done good in the world too. Some of you people need to stop focusing completely on the bad and look at some of the good humanity has done. For the record I am proud that I am human.

Offline Kayle

• Male
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2008, 11:08:20 am »
fine, fine.  but i still don't necessarily like being human. 
-Mark Twain

Offline Zoopedia

• Male
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2008, 06:20:50 pm »
Do i like the human race as a whole? Defenitly not! I enjoy being human but i'm not proud at all.
I am the cookie Dhole. =3

Offline Kayle

• Male
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 10:55:42 am »
well, human is as human does...
-Mark Twain

Offline Nox

• Fire for blood and blood to the wicked
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2008, 12:52:49 pm »
There are two types of human in my book. There are the ones that cause pain and destruction because of their "supieriority" over others and then theres the ones who realize that there on the same level as everything else mainly because an animal is after all just an animal. nothing more. Those are the true humans. Cource its not always as night and day as some of us would like it to be but Animals as well as humans are just so wonderfully complex.
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q301/mongoose957/
artist by day, fighting crime by night

Offline missywolf

• Female
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 01:08:44 pm »
There are two types of human in my book. There are the ones that cause pain and destruction because of their "supieriority" over others and then theres the ones who realize that there on the same level as everything else mainly because an animal is after all just an animal. nothing more. Those are the true humans. Cource its not always as night and day as some of us would like it to be but Animals as well as humans are just so wonderfully complex.

I've noticed this too. There may be more of a gradient, but it does seem like many people are on the superiority end of the spectrum. Humans are animals. It baffles me why most people seem to think they are above other species, but I think I know where the idea of superiority comes from.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2008, 02:29:42 pm »
well, human is as human does...

Well said, actually. All this talk of whether humanity is good or bad is pretty misguided, because it all depends on the individual human. I'm sure that you people who are saying how humanity is so terrible don't see yourselves as being evil and heartless and morally corrupt, amirite? Well, that proves that there is variation within the species and that not everyone is bad.

Sadly, other animals don't grasp that there are some humans who don't want to hurt them, so they mostly run away whenever we come close. :(