Author Topic: Honouring Spirit  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Mooshi

Honouring Spirit
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:10:34 pm »
The forum name /is/ furries on furry! Who says one can't name a specific furry? ;) This isn't about your inner animal spirit or anything else all hippy like. It's about the user Spirit. I would like to say a few things about her. If you never checked her profile, you would think she is twice her age. Whether it is the future gen of furries or just the future gen in general - Spirit  gives hope that not every youngin this gen is that disrespectful brat. In fact, her maturity surpasses those 2..3..even 4 times her age! This trait is very respectable. Whatever you end up doing in life, you will be great at it. :3 (yes, I felt like honouring someone randomly because it was nice. Sue me.) Keep it up, Spirit.

Offline Onyx Storm

• Umm... Woof!
  • Male
Re: Honouring Spirit
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:25:13 pm »
I agree she is smarter than most her age and older I hope you find a good job later in life to channel all that brain power into
I wonder why that frisbee is getting bigger...    and then it hits me.

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:28:09 pm »
 :o When I saw this title I thought "Hahah, I'm so going to make a joke here!" Then I saw what it was about. Thanks a lot!  :)

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 12:36:10 pm »
Yes, the joke is on you for having your planned joke be reality mwahahahaha. That made perfect sense. :D

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:38:14 pm »
I'm not sure I understand that.

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 12:44:50 pm »
 You were going to make a joke, but realized the topic was actually about you. x_x For some reason it feels like cake should be involved.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »
Ah dang.. this forum doesn't have the "This thread is useless without pics" emoticon.  :D  I never pay head to anyone's listed age unless I've actually seen a photo of them because otherwise its just that to me - a listed age someone has typed in for whatever reason. This is one reason I really love seeing the actual people behind the avatars on forums and places like Fur Affinity. :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:56:01 pm by Brent »

Offline Bai

• Female
    • My Furaffinity
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:51 pm »
Aww how sweet :P

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »
Aww. :)

I totally agree. Spirit, I'm always surprised every time I remember your age, because I feel like you relate to everyone here on a completely adult level. Way to go.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »
How wonderful our community when we can witness topics such as these. :)
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 10:48:05 pm »
If things weren't dodgy atm with trying to find a perma residence rl, I'd have proper wired net and have some kind of gift image. :D If Brent is willing to help me out, I can whip up a special sig image when I got the time and pass it on to him for uploading. :3 A random reconition thing may become a new thing around these parts. Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:13 pm »
*Throws confetti.*

Yay for awesome furries!
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 03:13:15 am »
What screws me up is Spirit's age and the fact that she says she's in middle school. According to her profile she's ten, now where I work middle school starts at grade six. If she's in grade six the average age of her classmates should be twelve. So my questions are these, 1) What grade are you in? 2)How many grades have you skipped, or does middle school in your area start at grade four?

That being said. For a cub who only recently reached the double digits in age you are far more mature then some of the people I work with who are four times older than you.

So raise a glass of sparkling grape or apple juice, since this is a family friendly forum and since our favorite cub is far to young to drink anything harder then soda-pop, and let us toast a great, young, grey-muzzle. "Cheers!"
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 03:32:51 pm »
Sigurd, I run into that a lot even in real life. My school starts middle school at grade 4. I actually skipped a year of preschool too(most people have 2 years), making me in 6th grade. So actually, both.  :)

Offline Foxxhoria

• Male
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 11:43:55 am »
I thought I was young when I joined at 13 (man that was so long agooo... ox), and even then I don't feel I posted very well, when I did at all...  And the fact that you're only 10 makes me cringe with jealousy Dx! xD
Understanding leads to empathy,
Empathy leads to admiration,
Admiration leads to love

Optimism leads to disappointment,
Pessimism leads to joy,
although, with optimism you are happy almost all the time,
and pessimism you are sad almost all the time.

Where's the line between being bored and generally too lazy to do anything? :p