Author Topic: My Fursona?  (Read 3778 times)

Offline SnowLeopardLove

• Female
My Fursona?
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:59:54 am »
So, I'm not sure if other people have this problem, but I am always changing my fursona and just cannot get it right.  Once I was a snow leopard, then a caracal, lynx, cat, vixen, wolf/fox, raccoon and I believe others.  I just cannot decide on a fursona!  I know it's not a bad thing to change between fursonas, but I love drawing various pictures of me as my fursona and I want to have a final one for once and for all.  Any ideas on how I should decide?  I also want to get a fursuit--and I need to know what fursona I'm going to really stick with before I'll get one or commision one that I'll regret.  Any tips or ideas?
Thanks!
SLL (:

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
Re: My Fursona?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:13:44 am »
I think that happens to a lot of people. When I was first looking for my fursona, I spent hours online and flipping through books. One day I came across a picture of a Jaguar, and in looking at that picture I felt like I was looking at a bit of myself. It just sort of stuck.

My advice? Keep looking. Because you seem to have an affinity for cats, I'll point you towards this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felidae
Look through all the different species. You'll probably find a few you've never heard of before. Look long enough, and you'll find somthing that sticks.
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:58:47 am »
I was at a similar place at one point. I started roleplaying as a tuxedo cat, and the character stuck, for me.

Offline SnowLeopardLove

• Female
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:03:34 am »
Thanks so much for the link Nicholai and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with being indecisive  (:  While reading other threads about why they are the fursonas they chose, the subject of their animal instincts arose.  As silly as this might sound, from about four years old to nine I used to have this really wierd sensation in my finger nails where I had to scratch something.  (Lets just say I have this really banged up teddy bear with a lot of missing fur  :-[)  I also have rather pointed elfish ears that I read may be something called "Darwins Ear" which is where only about 5-10% of the US have some monkey genes mixed in them 0.0.  I also had this nag for wearing kitty ears so I believe I'll stick to the cat family. :)  Now to decide which cat.  Lookin' at your link now! ^^ 

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:33 pm »

I never had that problem..from as long as I could remember, I loved reptiles, particularily dragons, and always envied em. My first and last scalesona, I've had for over 6 years.

Sometimes you can choose your fursona..and sometimes, it chooses you...

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:56:25 pm »

I never had that problem..from as long as I could remember, I loved reptiles, particularily dragons, and always envied em. My first and last scalesona, I've had for over 6 years.

I agree.  Ever since I was consciously aware of furries, I've known that my fursona was a fox.  Details have changed to reflect what my fursona means to me, but it'll always be vulpine because I think it represents me the best :3

I think you'll find that sticking with a character will cause it to grow on you if you give it some thought before choosing.  Sounds like you're giving it some thought :3  So if you think the feline personality matches you, maybe it's just a matter of fine-tuning it to a species that matches more closely, or has a distinct visual appeal.  If your gut instinct told you to register for this forum as "SnowLeopardLove" then a snow leopard would not be a bad place to start looking ;)
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Shabbernigdo

• Species: Sergal
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:03:19 am »

pretty much the same for me. Started as a snow leopard and will always be.
For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee,

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:01:48 am »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:44:49 pm by Kada-Ru »

Offline SnowLeopardLove

• Female
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 03:13:34 pm »
Some people have it easy  :-[  I actually think I've figured out my fursona.  As you guys said, it seems like I lean towards felines.  (My username was SnowLeopardLove becuase I used to be a Snow leopard XD) Though, the general big-cat seems to be a lion (or in my case a lioness) and they are quite pretty ^^.  Lets see how a lion will do.  :D  Thanks for all your help! (:

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »
I'm glad you found your fursona, but i have some advice for anyone who is having this same problem

I had a similar problem when i first started out, I just couldn't think of any animal that was really me, so i decided that maybe there was animal out there for me, and i just didn't know it yet, went to google and searched Mammal, figured it was a good place to start, 2 hours and 45 bookmarked pages later I finally got around to otter and that was it, there was no question in my mind.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline PaniktheWolf

• Howdy, Hola, Hello what else can I say?
  • Female
    • Inland Empire Fursuiterz
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 04:47:37 am »
How about you add the three (or more) specis you feel that is mostly you and turn it into an original fursona. I mean everyone can be a wolf or a lion! How about make something nobody has done before? It would be a good drawing experience as well.
↑↑
_____A (o 0) A_____
)___( ( .. ) )___(
)_(o)(o)_(
(,,,)(,,,)
|
V
*Gidion*

Well well well, if it isn't mordakye the dragon himself...