Author Topic: Cartoon character impersonations  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Eddy

• Male
Cartoon character impersonations
« on: April 22, 2011, 09:00:39 am »
If anybody here has a video of themselves impersonating a certain character e.g. any of the Disney characters, 'post' it here! To get the ball rolling, here's mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6Jg2VfaF0

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: Cartoon character impersonations
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:22:14 am »
I did Goofy a few times for a local radio show and said it was Bill Clinton.  By coincidence, the voice is the same as Conrad Cat of classic Looney Tunes. :D

I can do several Looney Tunes character voices and a few Hanna Barbera characters.

There are some techniques that some voice artists use when preparing for a demanding vocalization. One involves taking a sip of olive oil first.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:10:25 am »
I did Goofy a few times for a local radio show and said it was Bill Clinton.  By coincidence, the voice is the same as Conrad Cat of classic Looney Tunes. :D

I can do several Looney Tunes character voices and a few Hanna Barbera characters.

There are some techniques that some voice artists use when preparing for a demanding vocalization. One involves taking a sip of olive oil first.

Are there any videos on this? (Especially if they are on YouTube).

Offline Kolebra

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 12:16:26 pm »
Neat stuff! I like this thread and your "goofy Laugh." :)
“Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding”.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:17:08 pm »
Neat stuff! I like this thread and your "goofy Laugh." :)

Goofy laugh? Didn't you 'look' at my voiceover? That was really Zeke Midas Wolf's laugh (!).

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:17:10 pm »
I do a pretty good Roger the Retarded Cat from Open Season 2.. no video of that online though.  :D

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:14:30 am »
I did Goofy a few times for a local radio show and said it was Bill Clinton.  By coincidence, the voice is the same as Conrad Cat of classic Looney Tunes. :D

I once tried to speak with a Texan accent and having a New Jersey math(s) teacher teaching our class at the time, her response was, "You sound like Bill Clinton!". But that's another story.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »

Are there any videos on this? (Especially if they are on YouTube).

I'm working on it. A few irons in the fire at present.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 09:15:34 pm »
Finally...
Arful Impersonations

Sorry for the delay. :goldgrin:
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 12:40:16 pm »
Finally...
Arful Impersonations

Sorry for the delay. :goldgrin:

It's OK. I forgive you.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 11:36:18 am »
 Nice job on the imitations.  :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 12:00:49 am »
I've done Sylvester, Pepe LePew, Quickdraw McGraw, Yogi Bear, and Yosemite Sam at one time or other. Sam requires some prep however.

On a similar note. I've called cottontails, Groundhogs, mice, and even mink to me simply by puffing air from my cheeks through my teeth. The trick is self-taught.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 04:48:43 pm »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 05:45:33 pm »
I haven't done much, but here's a male version of Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDznIAogqgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRC6l2Iulig

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7960281/

I want to go into voiceover. I know, I know, join the rest of all the teenagers in the world. I'm really working hard all the time. As a trained choral singer, I figure I have a good foundation for using my voice (:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:05:14 pm by Shim »

Offline Eddy

• Male

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 06:57:40 pm »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 07:31:13 pm »
I have never tried doing anything Disney. My friend seems to think I can do a spot on impersonation of the voice for Cleveland Brown, from Family guy, as well as Peter, and various other Black characters not from that show.... I seem to be good at that for a reason I don't know, my friend jokes I was black in my previous life. I've never filmed myself doing this, sorry, but whatever.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:35 pm »
Today I learned that I'm not and could never hope to be a sexy blue alien opera singer lady. I also randomly switch octaves and learned where the top of my falsetto is :o!

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8302761/

You could hear me cracking up half the time.

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »
Today I learned that I'm not and could never hope to be a sexy blue alien opera singer lady. I also randomly switch octaves and learned where the top of my falsetto is :o!

Ive listened to it twice already :D its awesome! 8)

EDIT: Five times now :D I must stop abusing the play button now >_> Well maybe just one more...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:29:14 pm by Choky »
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 12:14:03 am »

EDIT: Five times now :D I must stop abusing the play button now >_> Well maybe just one more...

Is it really that good? The only time there was obvious editing was the bit near the end with the 11 notes in 1.5 seconds ;).

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 05:33:03 pm »

Is it really that good? The only time there was obvious editing was the bit near the end with the 11 notes in 1.5 seconds ;).

Well I just find it really pleasing to hear you(a bass singer you said?) do those high falsettos. And of course its going to be a little off if its not in your natural range,but its still really amusing,I like it and I dont care what anyone else says.

"The only time there was obvious editing was the bit near the end with the 11 notes in 1.5 seconds ;)" So? The original song was clearly edited aswell so why shouldnt you be allowed to edit too?
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 04:05:51 pm »
Yet another. This time we answer an age-old question.

From The Mail Bag
(Baps the old humorist.)