Author Topic: National Geographic  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
National Geographic
« on: December 09, 2012, 06:51:43 am »
I just watched this annnnd iono lol, thought I may as well show it to all of y'all =p because I don't do that too much, and I thought 'why not?'. So, here's a little something =3! I like watching things like this...buuuuuut <<; yeah.

Furries

Any thoughts ;p?

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: National Geographic
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »
At least it was a fairly balanced show on the fandom.  

Thanks for the link Saiyu  :orbunny:

oldrabbit.com

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:31:44 pm »
Can't ask for much more then that, considering how unbalanced it's usually portrayed...
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
We had a thread about this before, and I'll say it once again: the music...  :P :P :P

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:58:21 am »
This is always irritating because they don't give a wide enough definition and people automatically go to the "they have sex with animals!" It's just annoying having people feel the need to explain something which they really do not have any clue about. Especially when they only touch on one part of the definition.
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 01:54:47 pm »
While the definition for 'furry' that they use is a bit narrow, I feel like beyond that, it was a fairly balanced assessment of things overall.

Shows like this don't cover single topics extremely in-depth, because they only have a short amount of time. this video was a tad over 7 minutes long. It would be impossible to really do a fair and comprehensive assessment of all the facets of the fandom in such a short amount of time.

As such, they have to pick and choose what they do cover. And let's face it: one of the most visible parts of the fandom from an outside point of view (and probalby one of the more obscure) is the fursuit. So I've just grown to expect at this point that shows like this will mostly focus on suiters.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.