Author Topic: Stupid game inaccuracies  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
Stupid game inaccuracies
« on: April 15, 2016, 03:23:30 am »
I can understand games having glitches. However, inaccuracies drive me nuts. I'm playing Ace Combat 6 on Xbox 360. In the mission, I have to fly low to avoid detection. However, the lights on the wings of my Raptor are on. WHAT!!?! There goes stealth. And it looks like the lights are on on every mission. Seriously??!

What game inaccuracies drive you nuts?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Stupid game inaccuracies
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:07:46 pm »
Big thing I can't stand is historical inaccuracy.  :goldpissed: If somebody is going to put/use any sort of history in a game such as people, places, dates, facts, etc., then PLEASE GET IT THE HELL RIGHT! Do your research! I can't stand "revisionist history".

Another thing that pisses me off is when people don't do their research on how various machines, vehicles, weapons, etc. are supposed to look, act, and function. If you're going to put in a German WWII Tiger tank in a game and you want that tank to be as realistic as possible in how it looks and acts in a game, then please do your damn research on how the actual vehicle operated!

I realise games are just fantasy entertainment. But any time a game developer is trying to make a game more realistic in any sort of way, then research is key. If you want something to look, act, operate, etc. as close to the real thing as possible, then do your damn research!  :goldpissed:

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 06:27:44 am »
Shotguns that act like miniature claymore mines, producing a ludicrously wide spray of pellets that is almost entirely harmless past point-blank range. Actual shotguns produce a tight cone no more than 2 or 3 degrees wide and are lethal well beyond their so-called "effective" range (defined as the range at which half the pellets will miss - nobody seems to consider that the other half is more than enough to ruin your day completely).

Offline Ancusmitis

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:20:37 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:25:12 am by Ancusmitis »
Stick a fork in me--I'm done.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:31:24 pm »
When games retcon things they've already established, like saying how something works then explaining how it works in a completely different way. It just completely ruins the immersion for me.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 11:05:43 pm »
Whenever a game that is trying to tell an emotional story (e.g. Last of Us, Walking Dead), it annoys me when that game has a very obvious glitch. It totally ruins the story.
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm