Author Topic: Donkey Konga  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Humbajoe

• Male
    • http://www.myspace.com/thumbwhack
Donkey Konga
« on: August 13, 2004, 01:02:07 am »
*EDIT: On second thought, this might have been better posted in the "Non-Furry General" forum.  Mods, please move if appropriate, sorry.*

For those of you getting a bit tired with DDR, I reccomend you check out Donkey Konga.

Donkey Konga has a similar concept (move your body to hit a button on a specialized controller in sequence with moving shapes on the screen), but is done with 2 drums.

There are different drum hits that you can perform: Left Drum, Right Drum, Both Drums (at same time), and Clap (has a mic to detect sound).  Occasionally, you hit a drum solo where you have to hit a certain drum repeatedly as fast as possible to get extra points.

Donkey Konga doesn't come out until next month, but you can check out the game by going to your local gamestore and checking out the Gamecube demo station (most are rigged up with the DKonga set up by now).

If you're interested in buying the game, I suggest you pre-order a copy.  Nintendo is only making a limited number of copies, because they're not sure if the game will be a success or not (people tend to have a fear for different types of games).

The drums will also be a nice accesory to own for other purposes, such as the upcoming DK platformer - Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat.  I'm not sure on the details, but apparantly you control DK in this platform game using the Konga Drums.  Sounds interesting.

Offline Sskessa

• magically delicious
    • 14 Nights -- A webcomic
Donkey Konga
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 04:31:09 pm »
Finally, more Donkey Kong games! At long last my patience has paid off!

Too bad I don't have a Gamecube...
But seriously, that sounds really cool. I always liked the DK music. Tell us how it is when you get yours.
Someone Else's Problem: My adventures in China

I have never had a deep interest in revenge. Revenge is the concern of those who are at some point or other beaten.
-- The Tale of the Body Thief

Offline Ante

• :D
  • Male
    • Ante's LiveJournal
Donkey Konga
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 06:18:20 pm »
I was looking into it. The Japanese commercials made it look fun. The American one, however, doesn't make it look fun at all. They tried too hard to make it look cool, I'd say.

And yeah, I'm moving this at your request.